Thursday, November 19, 2015

Please help free my daughter, Phyoe Phyoe Aung

My daughter is a
prisoner of conscience.
 
 
Dear Tracy,

My name is Ne Win and I am a former prisoner of conscience in Myanmar, also known as Burma. I know the anguish and fear of suffering from human rights abuses.

And now, it grieves me to say, my daughter has suffered from abuses to her human rights too.

My daughter, Phyoe Phyoe Aung was arrested in March for leading a peaceful student protest - she is still in prison. Her arrest is deeply troubling.

Will you help free my daughter, Phyoe Phyoe Aung, from her unjust imprisonment in Myanmar?

After an 8-day stand-off between protesters and the police, Phyoe Phyoe Aung tried to negotiate peace, but was handcuffed along with dozens of other students and beaten with batons. The female students were threatened with sexual abuse.

Without international pressure, Phyoe Phyoe Aung and her fellow demonstrators will remain imprisoned. They don't deserve this. These students and all prisoners of conscience in Myanmar should be released immediately.

My daughter broke no laws and is imprisoned for the peaceful expression of her beliefs. Please speak up for her rights by signing this petition from Amnesty International.

Phyoe Phyoe Aung is one of the twelve cases that will be featured during Amnesty's Write for Rights, the biggest human rights letter writing campaign of the year.

You can join the campaign right now by taking action for my daughter.

Will you speak up for Phyoe Phyoe Aung and sign this petition today?

Please help free my daughter.

I am so grateful for people like you.

Parents of Phyoe Phyoe AungWith deep gratitude,
Ne Win
Former Prisonor of Conscience
Proud father of student activist Phyoe Phyoe Aung

No comments: