Thursday, July 19, 2012

Post Secret/ Beauty and the Beast/ Street Performer's Festival

Jul. 1 Post Secret:

Post card: There's something written on a blue post it note "I don't know how much more I can take."  Underneath it, it says: "I found this inside a PS book at a bookstore.  You can do it!  The harder things are now, the bigger sense of your accomplishment will be afterwards, looking back."

Jul. 3 Shopping: Today was my day off so I had some fun.  This morning I went shopping with my mom and got a pair of shoes for work, and a pair of dress pants for work.  They were both on sale.  I'll add the pants to my other 3 dress pants for work.

City Centre: It looks like Ricki's closed down.

Kingsway: In the afternoon, I went to Kingsway Garden Mall.  A lot has changed since I was last there.  I think the last time I was there was last year.  There are new stores like Sephora, Flurries, Restricted Elite (sells expensive clothes), Justice (clothes for tween girls), Everything for a Dollar Store, and Maggie's Jewelry.

There is now a Pink (part of Victoria's Secret.)  There used to be a Urban Planet, and then Suzy Shier replaced it, and it's replaced now by Victoria's Secret.  Pandora (jewelery store) replaced Baskin Robbins.

There's a Starbucks, Tim Horton's, and Kernels.  The McDonald's by the mall has now been renovated. 

Jul. 4 Pandas: I was watching BBC and they showed this video clip of people panda mascot suits, and they're doing tai chi.  It was in Britain.  It was so cute and funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KsPBKQuH_U

Jul. 6 Botanical cards: I found this email that my friend Sherry sent me last Dec.  It's these botanical cards.  They're made from hand-made paper and you can plant them in soil, and it will grow.  The paper is made from wild flowers.

This is a really cool site where you can buy cards, wedding invitations, journals that you can custom design.  It's kind of like shopping at Papyrus, Hallmark, Carlton Cards, book stores for stationary.  Check it out:
 http://www.botanicalpaperworks.com/

Cop rocking it out: I found this on Yahoo.  It's where this 40 yr old white cop is dressed in his uniform.  He is sitting on the drum set in the woods with a guy playing a guitar.  The story is that the cop pulled up to the people partying the woods with a guitar and drum set.  The cop got on the drums and started playing it to the beat of the guitarist.  He was really good. 

It was funny to see a cop doing something you don't see cops do.  lol.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/different-kind-drummer-mountie-beats-skins-band-camp-220029699.html

Jul. 9 Job joke: I got this from Daily Silly:

"Oh,you hate your job? Why didn't you say so?  There's a support group for that. It's called EVERYBODY, and they meet at the bar.
"

This kind of reminds me of The Simpsons where Krusty the Klown is dissing comedy these days.  Both jokes have the same angry tone of voice.

Krusty: Now comedy these days is some big- chin guy reading typos from the Pelukaville Post.  Yeah, well here's a headline for you: "Nobody cares!"
The audience of reporters laugh.
Jay Leno: But Krusty, I washed your hair.

Mental health: Corrine Smith sent me this article "8 Exercises to Improve your Mental Health."  It said things I already know like exercising, do puzzles and games, solve problems, and learn something new.

"When you learn a new skill, you encounter different challenges that force you to step out of your comfort zone, make mistakes, and reach new goals. "

I certainly agree with "Read and write often": "Reading and writing stimulate the brain, spark imagination, and increase creativity. Regular reading and writing can increase your comprehension skills, vocabulary, grammar, and memory. Not to mention, both exercises can be very therapeutic for the mind. Writing can also help you address negative thoughts and bad memories that affect your overall mental health."

http://www.onlinepsychologydegree.net/2012/07/01/8-exercises-to-improve-your-mental-health/

Matrix Reloaded parody: I was looking up TV production companies and it lead me to this video.  It's 2min and 30 secs of the characters talking about story and plot of The Matrix movies.  It was amusing.

http://www.nutsonline.tv/video/the-matrix-reloaded-and-rewritten/

Phrase: This must be the law of attraction.  I was watching a bit of the TV show Clueless before the show Daria airs.

Amber: You got to grab the bull by it's rocky mountain oysters. 

I thought it was interesting I was able to catch the "rocky mountain oysters" part.  Months ago I had learned that phrase means bull testicles, and now I just happened to see this phrase being used.

Beauty and the Beast: I got this email about the new TV show on the CW called Beauty and the Beast.  It's a supernatural show and it stars Canadian actress Kristin Kreuk (Lana Lang from Smallville.)

According to Wikipedia, Detective Catherine Chandler is working homicide.  When she was a kid, she saw her mom murdered by 2 men.  Something stepped in and saved her life.  Jay Ryan plays Vincent Keller who is the beast who saved her life.  They team up together to solve cases like solve her mother's murder.  He turns into a beast when he gets angry.  I'll check it out.

Comparisons: A lot of things stuck out which leads to the comparisons.

Having your parents being murdered in front of you: That was done on Batman Begins

Someone saves you when you're a kid, and then you're reunited with them years later: It was done on the old vampire show Moonlight (2007). 

Trying to find out who killed your parent or someone close to you: Most recently on Castle where Det. Kate Beckett became a cop to find her mother's killer.

Supernatural detective show: There's one called Grimm from Buffy producer David Greenwalt.  There was the Buffy spin-off Angel.

Street Performer's Festival: Today was my day off so I went to it at Churchill Square.  It had the usual stands that sell clothes, bags, and jewelry that are made from Africa, China, India.  Lots of bracelets, necklaces, and rings.  There were some new food stands that sells Greek and Mexican food with the usual burgers, fries, and poutines.

There was a psychic tent and I chatted with Sage from Psychic Corp.  It was quite interesting.  He and I talked about mediumship. 

Me: So you talk to dead people.
Sage: Sometimes.  It takes a lot out of me.  I only do that like maybe 4 times a year.  If people really need to talk to them for help, then I'll do it.  If they're only a little interested, then I would talk them out of it.  

Jul. 9 Summer getaway: Sarah Shirley sent me this article called "8 Clever Ways to Turn your Home into a Summer Getaway."  It's a fun article about taking a staycation at home.  Redecorate your house and throw a party.  Make your house into your own spa.  Turn off the TV, internet, and phones.  Do some spring cleaning.
http://www.homeinsurance.org/8-clever-ways-to-turn-your-home-into-a-summer-getaway/

Old Navy: I got this gift card and I checked out the store at West Ed today.  I need a new backpack.  There was a messenger bag with green camouflage on it, but it was too small.  It was in the boys clothing section.  I found these cute and bright backpacks, some with Hello Kitty.  They were in the girls section.  It's too bright for me.

I see purses and bags in the women's section, but no backpacks.  There are Hello Kitty tin cans and lunch boxes. 

No comments: