Thursday, July 26, 2012

balance/ rant/ Taste of Edmonton

Jul. 18 Balance: I tend to over analyze and over think things that don't matter or does matter.  I then tend to not take action.  It's about a balance of thinking about it, then doing things, and analyzing the results. 

The rule is to spend an hr on my job search or doing something productive.  Afterwards, then I can spend some time writing/ analyzing in my weekly emails.

Rant: Here's more of my rant about fake people.  This is more mild.  I got a flashback of jr. high school.  I go to this math tutor on the weekends.  These girls there were talking about this girl at their school.

Wisery: This girl pretends to smoke to be cool.  She carries an empty box of cigarettes around and pulls it out when someone asks for one.  She then says: "Sorry, I'm all out." 

Me: That sounds kind of dumb.  Yeah, well at least she's not smoking.  If she actually does smoke to seem cool, then that's dumb.

Party: This leads to another flashback in jr. high school.  So one of my friends threw a party and she was smoking a cigarette.  Friend #2 was really upset and had tears in her eyes as she says to me: "She promised me she wouldn't smoke.  And now here she is smoking." 

Then this other girl tells Friend #2: "Whatever, she's just trying to be cool."  I guess that was a way to console her as in "She's not disrespecting you by breaking her promise to you."  Friend #1 didn't seem to be addicted to smoking.  If she was, she would have acted like she really needed a cigarette.

Jamie Kennedy Experiment: I got a flashback of the TV show The Jamie Kennedy Experiment.  It's a hidden camera show where JK plays tricks on people.  JK pretends to be a cashier and won't let a woman buy cigarettes.  She was really angry and argued with JK about it.  She was talking how she really needed it, and you can tell she was addicted.

Drinking: Another time in high school, there was this girl talking about how she got really drunk over the weekend.  She was talking about how funny and fun it was at lunch.  Afterwards, my friend Tamara asked: "Did you think she was lying about that?"  I didn't think she was lying about it.  I believed it.  Then again, if you were so drunk that night, then how were you able to remember so much?

Yeah, well if she was lying about it, what does it matter?  How does her lying about drinking affect my life? 

On a side note, she was talking about how funny it was, but nobody at lunch laughed.  If I say something funny, and nobody laughed, I would have said: "Yeah, well when he said it was funny.  People laughed then." 

Jul. 19 Stupid people: My sister is always irritated by my stupidity.  I do get where she's coming from.  Like that time when my ex-boyfriend had mentioned about someone saying to him: "Surely, there's no harm."  My ex-boyfriend says: "Don't call me Shirley." 

I mentioned it in my weekly email where I said: "I think I heard that in a Leslie Nielson movie, but I don't know what it's called and I'm not going to look it up."  My friend Sherry says: "It's from the movie Airplane."

Real life: Now I'm getting that flashback again about the girl who's in a religion that doesn't allow her to talk to boys.  This girl Erin asks the teacher in front of the entire class: "Can you tell me what her exact grade is?  I promise I won't tell anyone."  She sounded like a teenage girl.  Well then again, she is a teenage girl.  In this situation, she's asking a teacher; she's not talking to her friend and asking what's wrong.

TV shows:
It was done on Parks and Recreation where this man played by Paul Rudd was running for mayor against Leslie (Amy Poehler.)  Imagine Rudd, a 40 yr old man talking like a little kid and asking Amy: "C'mon, drop out of the race.  If I win, I'll throw a party and you guys are totally invited to it."

This was done on The Simpsons where Sideshow Bob tries to kill Bart.  Homer and Marge hire a tough private investigator.

PI: Oh don't worry, I can be very persuasive.

Cut to PI and Sideshow Bob at a bar.

PI (whining): C'mon, move out of town.
Sideshow Bob: No.
PI: I'll be your friend.
Sideshow Bob: No.
PI (crosses his arms): Oh, you're mean.

Jul. 20 West Ed mall: Pink Berry opened last week at West Ed mall.  It sells frozen yogurt.  Today I went to the WEM warehouse.  It was selling old WEM souvenirs.  It was mainly hats, t-shirts, pens, cups, stuffed animals.  It also had the dvds of the movie that was shot in the mall, called Christmas in Wonderland.  

The Year of: Last year I called 2011 "The Year of the Office Job Search."  This year may be called "The Year of New Directions."  I did a bunch of different things.  I took a temporary job in April, then I took 2 temporary telemarketer jobs in May and June.  I went and applied to TV production companies.  I started applying to staffing agencies.  I started going to career counseling.

Summer of: This may be called "The Summer of Self- analysis" or "of Self-discovery."  My Career Counselor talked about attitude and habit.  Attitude is a belief and thought, habit is action.

Mixed ideas: I have mixed ideas about jobs.  It's good to have a job that you are good at, and that you like.  I really liked working at call centres because you get to sit all day and talk to people.  I'm okay with the idea of tolerating your job.  Your life is not totally about your job.  You do have a life outside of work and you can focus on things that make you happy. 

You may not be able to make your passion/ hobby a job like say be a cook because it doesn't pay enough for you.  But you can cook in your spare time.

Taste of Edmonton: I went to the Taste of Edmonton food festival on Churchill Square today.  There were a few concerts scheduled, but I didn't know the bands.  I remember going to it in 2009.  The festival has the same restaurants from last year with all kinds of food like Chinese, Korean, Greek, etc.  You have to pay tickets to buy the food, like at the Heritage Day Festival. 

Tix on Square: It also has the artists selling their paintings like at past year's festivals.  I did enter Tix on Square.  I was in there once in 2009.  The sales guy said all the stuff is from the Edmonton Arts Council.  All the products are from Edmonton artists like authors who wrote the books, artists who made the shirts, magnets, moccasins, etc.  I didn't know that.  Check it out.

Date: When I went there, it was with this guy.  I think the date was okay.  If he had cancelled on me, I would still go to the festival by myself.  He was smart, interesting.  We had fun talking about movies, TV shows, books.  We talked a bit about Criminal Minds and how I like the show, but he couldn't get into it.  He had a lot of unpopular opinions about movies like not being into those new Batman/ Christopher Nolan movies.

Jul. 25 Psychic: I like psychics because it's like counseling.  However, with a psychic, I feel like I can't talk too much because they're telling me the future.  Also I feel like I can't tell them about myself because I want to see if they're truly a psychic.

As for a counselor, you talk, they listen.

Similar: Have you ever been angry about one thing and then you take your anger out on other things that aren't related to it?  I do.  Looks like my sister does too.  I got to rant about this.  She was trying to print something off the printer and it doesn't work.  She asks how to print, and I said: "Convert it to a PDF." 

Then she yells at me that it's a band-aid solution.  She then yells at me saying that I'm sending my script out and that I'm not going to be famous.  So the printer not working leads to her yelling about not being famous.

No comments: