Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Liz Murray/ Post Secret/ hackers

June 25 Liz Murray: This is about a girl who went from "Homeless to Harvard." I first knew about her in Cosmogirl's first issue in 1999. She then went on Oprah in 2004. When she was a kid, she lived with her parents who were drug addicts. Her mom died of AIDS, and then her dad left. She was in high school and became homeless. She was partying for a month and then thought: "What if I worked really hard? What would happen in a month? Three months from now?"

She slept on trains every night. She goes to The Door, which helps homeless youth. She got a scholarship to Harvard. She was on Oprah again in 2010. She has now written a memoir called Breaking Night. She reunited with her dad. He was in a homeless shelter, and Liz bought an apartment and they live together.

Liz will open a school in fall 2011 for homeless and foster kids. Here are her quotes:

"You are bigger than you're circumstances."

"Success creates opportunities for other people."

Warrick Dunn: He was also on Oprah. He's a black football player and he gives homes to single moms and now single dads. He has a charity called "Home for the Holidays." The house has furniture, computers, and food.

Film making: If you've been to my other blog www.thevertexfighter.blogspot.com, you can see I have been going to eHow.com and watching videos of producers talking about how to sell a screenplay and make an independent film.

I find that it's easier for me to learn those things by watching videos instead of reading the website. It's like I'm in class and listening to the producer. I'm taking notes on my computer and posting it on my blog.

I've been busy working at my job, and looking for an office job on the side. I'm learning about film making too. I have writer's block, but by watching these videos about film making, it kind of inspires me to write.

June 26 Post Secret: Here are some secrets:

"My university saved my life. Really."

(On the post card, it had this quote: “I will prepare, and someday my chance will come.” -Lincoln. I do like to read upbeat post cards.)

"Dear interviewer: I'll be whomever you want me to be. Just please hire me."

(Looks like there are people out there who are looking really hard for a job like me.)

"You think I'm obsessed with that TV show. What you don't know is that I need that hope it gives me. That hope that true love is out there."

(That post card kind of inspired me to write. I want to write TV shows that inspire people and make them laugh and think. I want to make people happy and be entertained by what they're watching.)

"I'm finally realizing that being alone doesn't have to mean being lonely."

"My love line said I would never find true love...and I ignored them."

Lance Armstrong: One time I was channel surfing and the movie Dodgeball was on. He was in it playing himself. He was giving a pep talk to Vince Vaughn's character. This is from imdb.com.

Peter La Fleur: Uh, actually I decided to quit... Lance.
Lance Armstrong: Quit? You know, once I was thinking about quitting when I was diagnosed with brain, lung and testicular cancer, all at the same time. But with the love and support of my friends and family, I got back on the bike and I won the Tour de France five times in a row. But I'm sure you have a good reason to quit. So what are you dying from that's keeping you from the finals?
Peter La Fleur: Right now it feels a little bit like... shame.
Lance Armstrong: Well, I guess if a person never quit when the going got tough, they wouldn't have anything to regret for the rest of their life. But good luck to you Peter. I'm sure this decision won't haunt you forever.

Hackers: I've been brainstorming ideas for my script. How about hackers? There is already a movie called Hackers starring Johnny Lee Miller and Angelina Jolie (1995). I read about it on Wikipedia and imdb.com and did you know that Jesse Bradford was in that movie too? He got big in Bring it On. He was also on Romeo and Juliet (1996) playing Romeo's friend.

There was a The Listener episode about hackers. Also on a lot of TV shows, there has to be some techie like Chloe on Smallville, Willow on Buffy, DD on She Spies, and Marshal on Alias.

I was researching on the internet and I can see why it's appealing. Hackers are smart to know how to use a computer. They are also like rebels with attitude. They can get power by hacking into governments and businesses. They can get money by getting SIN numbers and selling it. They can also have lots of fun playing tricks by hacking into websites and putting up a fake article like how Tupac Shakur is alive when he isn't.

If I am going to write something about hackers, than I have to be creative with what story hasn't been told about them.

Homicide: There are now 28 homicides this year in Edmonton. There are 3 homicides in Calgary. There have been a lot of homicides in downtown Edmonton where the victims are men and it was fueled by drugs and alcohol.

Look alike: Dagney Kerr is an actress who plays Buffy's roommate Kathy on Buffy the Vampire Slayer season 4. She has short, dark, curly hair. I thought she may be the same girl on Prison Break season 2 where she runs off with Tweener, but it isn't. It turns out DK was on Desperate Housewives season 2 as a nurse. You know where Carlos's mom Mrs. Solis falls down the stairs at the hospital before she could tell DK's nurse character that Gabby is cheating on Carlos.

Well, actually Mrs. Solis did tell DK, but she was wearing headphones and didn't hear her. I know a girl who looks like DK. My old co-worker Christine has the same hair style.

June 27 Job: Today at work was busy, so I managed to get a good amount of tips. I also stayed for an extra hr and worked some more.

License plates: Here's some more I found in the parking lot: EMY ALY, PATTY, DEBSSUV.

This is from The Office. Creed becomes the new manager and he drove a car with this license plate: NEW MGR.

This is from Castle, it's about a swimmer who was murdered. He had a license plate: "SWM4GLD."

This is from the Edmonton Journal: 4MILOVE, OOO MAA.

No comments: