Sunday, March 10, 2013

Your ticket is waiting: Human Rights Conference 2013

I got this from Amnesty International: 



Dear Tracy,

We are only 17 days away from the Human Rights Conference of the year and we want to see you there! It won't be the same without you.

Register now. Time is running out!

You won't want to miss out on the amazing weekend we have in store for you! It promises to ignite your passion for human rights and renew your energy for the year to come. From taking action in support of the Arms Trade Treaty to learning how you can effectively campaign to stop human rights abuses, you will be Using Your Power alongside fellow activists and prominent human rights defenders during this three-day long conference.

Take a sneak peak at what's in store -- check out the conference agenda.

Our speakers and other special guests are so excited about the chance to meet you and other dedicated activists. Here's why filmmaker Carlos Lascano -- who will deliver opening remarks during our conference -- believes this year's conference is so important:
I'm counting down the days until I'll be joining some of you, Amnesty International's most passionate members, at the "Use Your Power" Human Rights Conference.

I have been making films for many years. However, the piece I directed for Amnesty was special because it showed me that no matter what my career was, or what my interests were, I could still use my own tools -- and my own power -- to stand up for human rights. It showed me that anyone, from anywhere and in any way, can contribute to the cause. And I want to share that with you.
Rocio Diaz
Director of Events
Amnesty International USA

No comments: