Wednesday, March 20, 2013

anger management/ real- life Bart Simpson

Mar. 12 Anger management: I haven't seen my counselor in a few months, but I can help myself by writing it out.  I was thinking about what triggers my anger.  Sometimes, it's very obvious like watching Maury and Dr. Phil.  I avoid those shows.  I have seen one episode of Dr. Phil a couple of months ago because it's about a teenage girl who got pregnant on purpose to get on a TV show and also keep her boyfriend.  It's about teen pregnancy so I had to watch it.

I get angry watching the show because I can't do anything about it.  All I can do afterwards is write about it my email/ blog.  I then go on twop.com and post what I wrote on the Dr. Phil thread and then put it on the "TV moments that Angry up the Blood" thread.  That's it, just write about it on the internet.

Charity: At least when I read some tragedy in the newspaper like what's happening in Syria and Afghanistan, Amnesty International emails me a newsletter.  I then sign a petition and I post the link onto my Facebook status so others can sign it too.  I put the newsletter on my blog so others can sign it too.

Gap year: There are some less obvious triggers like I read an article about "The Gap Year" like after you graduate out of high school and before you go to college.  It kind of got me angry because I didn't exactly have that.  I had to upgrade my 4 core courses and apply to college.  I didn't have the luxury to go and work for 1 yr and experience life without school.

I have to get over it and move on.  I've always known you can't get what you want all the time, especially with school.  You know like not getting to to go Victoria Performing Arts high school, not getting into NAIT's TV and Radio program, and not graduating out of NAIT.

College tip: I was also getting frustrated watching Teen Mom 2 Kailyn talking about how she has to withdraw a lot of her classes because she's struggling with school, working, and taking care of a baby.  I saw that with Maci on Teen Mom.  Maci was taking a full load of classes with all that.

Maci's college counselor says she should take 2 or 3 classes, and not a full load of classes every semester.  If she does, she will either fail or withdraw.  It's a waste of time and money.  I agree.  Kailyn says she was already in college for 3 yrs to her college counselor.  I think the college counselor said something about how there's no timeline to finish school.

Teen Mom 2:
Last week I was watching Teen Mom 2, and there was a scene where Chelsea's ex-boyfriend/ father of their baby Aubree called to meet up later that night.  Chelsea texts him later that night and he says he's tired and won't be coming.  Chelsea goes on Facebook and sees that he's going to a movie with his friends.

Chelsea texts back about: "You ditched us so you can see a movie with your friends.  I told Aubree about you coming and now she's going to be sad."  Adam then texts: "I'm not ditching Aubree, I'm ditching you."  Chelsea just rants to her mom about it.

I was angry about it, but I have to learn to not take it personal.  Adam isn't disrespecting me, he's disrespecting Chelsea.  Well I always had low expectations of Adam ever since I saw him on 16 and Pregnant

I just put the above on twop.com's "TV Moments that Angry up the Blood" thread.  Usually when I watch this show, I don't get angry.  I root for the girls to do well in school.

Check up: I was watching the Teen Mom 2: Check up with Dr. Drew where they talk about what happened last season.  It's pretty obvious it could get me angry because there's a TV show dr. with an audience which is very similar to Dr. Phil.

Mar. 18 Rant: Here's a mild rant.  My dad switched us from satellite TV to PVR.  If you go to satellite, there aren't any channels I can get to watch.  I go to PVR, and I have to learn what the channels are.  I write it down.

The main thing is, I can't get MTV Canada.  Now how am I supposed to watch Teen Mom?  I can't go to mtv.com.  I just stopped writing and went to mtv.ca, and it turns out you can watch the episodes on that site.  You can't watch it on the American site.

Writing: That's the thing with writing.  It helps make you think clearer and I am able to find the solution on my own.

Cabin fever: I don't know about you, but I think I'm getting cabin fever.  It's cold outside, so I don't go out because then I have to wait for the bus.  I don't go shopping because I find it unproductive.  So I stay at home and read the newspaper.  If it was summer time, I would go outside and sit on the picnic table, and read the newspaper.  lol.

Well I would also go to those farmer's markets and the festivals at Churchill square.  I can keep myself occupied with TV and internet.

Yeah, well at least there's still sunlight at 6pm.  That's a sign of spring.

Mar. 19 Paper: I'm trying to clean my room and desk bit by bit.  I don't buy things, but the main thing I have too much of is paper.  It's mainly scrap paper like my sister prints her notes, and then I use the back to write on it.

In 2008-2009, I mainly used the paper to write my scripts.  In 2010-2011, I used the paper to write down directions of where and when my job interviews are.

Question: The question to help you do spring cleaning and clear out clutter, is one I thought of: "If you were moving to a new place, would you bring this with you?"

This makes you evaluate it.  A lot of people move, and they hold garage sales with things that are not coming to their new home.

Cleaning tips: I was cleaning my closet back in Nov.  I think I had to ease myself into throwing things out that are easy to throw out.  The things I listed here are mainly garbage and not possessions that I own and bought.

1. A empty plastic bag that used to hold non-latex rubber gloves.
2. Old plastic headphones package and receipt.  I kept it because the receipt was headphone insurance if it broke.  I was to get 2 free ones.  (I got one free one, but now the insurance expired.)

3. A magazine ad for CK jeans.
4. $1 store plastic bag that held socks, and I put the socks in the drawer.
5. An old uniform tag.
6. A Ziploc bag.
7. I found a clothes pin and put in the laundry room.

Another cleaning tip that I read in the newspapers are: "To avoid being overwhelmed cleaning, work on one room at a time.  Or even one drawer." 

Also in Nov., I cleaned out my one drawer of my computer desk that had 2 old computer books that I recycled.

Calgary Expo:
This event is where big actors from sci-fi shows and movies attend, and fans go to meet them.  This year there is Nathan Fillion (Edmonton actor.  He's Castle on the TV show Castle), Lena Headey (Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles), and now Eliza Dushku (Faith from Buffy) is going to be there on Apr. 26-28.

It's in Calgary, so I would have to pay $140 to take the Red Arrow bus there.  Then there's like $25 a ticket for one day.  There are 3 day passes for $55.  There is no one I'm very interested in seeing.  I'm a fan of Nathan Fillion and Eliza Dushku because I watch their TV shows, but not this big of a fan to spend money, time, and effort to see them.

I would probably say David Anders (Alias) has to be there for me to go there.

http://www.calgaryexpo.com/

Fan experiences: I have put time and effort to see celebrities I like before.

1. The O-town concert in 2001.  I paid $80 for two tickets.  My sister waited in line to buy the tickets.

2. The British boy band Blue at West Ed mall in 2002.  I took a 1hr bus ride to there with my friend Leslie.  I watched them do an interview, perform, and wait 2 hrs in line to get their autographs and a hug from my fave member Lee Ryan.  

3. I met Kyle Riabko at Capital Ex in 2006.  I paid money to get tickets and bought a t-shirt there.  I got his autograph on my cd sleeve and a picture.

4. I met the Canadian singer George at West Ed mall in 2006.

5. I met Kyle Riabko again in 2007 at Winston Churchill Square.  It was easier to get to and I didn't have to pay to see him.

Mar. 20 Real- life Bart Simpson: I found this on Yahoo news.  "Real-life Bart Simpson appears in Court before Mr. Burns."  There was a Bart Simpson- like prank where a newscaster wishes someone a happy 10th birthday to "Hugh Janus" sounds like "huge anus."

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/daily-buzz/real-life-bart-simpson-appears-court-mr-burns-155542076.html

No comments: