Monday, August 8, 2011

technology/ Rookie Blue/ Post Secret

Aug. 6 Technology: I read this Dilbert comic strip the other day where Ashok makes fun of Dilbert for still using laptops instead of an iPhone. I did get this email through my blog which was useful:

"Hi Tracy,

I'm writing to let you know that we posted an article, "10 Ways to Extend Your Laptop’s Battery Life"(http://www.internetservice.net/2011/10-ways-to-extend-your-laptops-battery-life/). I just thought I'd share it with you in case you thought it would appeal to your readers.

Thanks for time!
Kate Croston"

3.5 floppy disk: I tried to open my 3.5 floppy disk the other day, and it has crapped out on me and doesn't work. It's the one that holds my The Vertex Fighter script and my script pitch. That's okay, because I still have drafts of it on another 3.5 floppy disk and in my email.

Cariwest: I went downtown to recycle my batteries and stopped at the Cariwest Festival in Churchill Square. There were these booths selling jewelery, purses, and clothes.

I did find this charity African Fair Trade Society. If you buy their products like soap, body creams, and body lotions, the money will go to their charity. It will help fund schools in Africa and build a health clinic.

http://www.africanfairtradesociety.com/about/aboutIndex.php

Rookie Blue: I saw the ep "The One that Got Away" the other day. I really liked this one because it was scary and exciting. It's Friday night duty and a woman's place has been broken into and her underwear was stolen. Andy and Swarek investigate and then leave after she calls her sister to come over and a locksmith. Then they get a call back and find the woman tied up and unconscious.

Three yrs ago, a rookie cop got killed and couldn't prove that Army guy did it. The woman who was attacked, was attacked the same way the rookie was. The Neighbor who is a young guy said he saw the Army guy in the alley earlier when the Woman was attacked.

There is a warrant, and cops comb through Army guy's place and interviewed his alibi, a young woman recruit. She's played by Kate Todd. She was on Degrassi and Radio Free Roscoe. She vouches for him.

Epstien and Peck interview Neighbor again, and he has changed his sheets and there was bleach. This guy is obviously getting rid of evidence. Andy then talks to the young woman recruit again and she says she had slept with him and didn't want to ruin both their careers.

Andy's fiance Luke cheated on her, and they broke up. L says: "I bet he has all his evidence hidden somewhere." Andy investigates to see if Army guy, the woman, or the rookie cop had a storage locker. Swarek doesn't want to investigate: "You want to pin it on a innocent guy." A called a storage company, and there is a locker under the name of the dead rookie.

A goes there and starts investigating. She finds victims pics in the locker. A calls Luke to get a warrant. Cops need to get a warrant before they start searching into someone's home. If the cop doesn't have a warrant to go into someone's place, the evidence would be inadmissible even if there is a dead body in there. A cop can go into someone's home without a warrant, if they think they saw someone in danger.

Neighbor is arrested because he was like the copycat attacker. Cut back to the storage locker, and the Army guy attacks Andy from behind. This kind of reminds me of The Listener first season where Toby goes into storage locker to find victim.

Army guy ties up Andy and puts masking tape on her mouth.

AG: Close your eyes.
A doesn't.
AG puts masking tape on her eyes.
The door opens and Luke is there.

L: Get away from her you son of a bitch!
Me: Yeah!
L arrests him, but there was a struggle as they fight. L knocks him unconscious and arrests him.

Cut to the end where Army guy admits he did it. Luke is talking to his ex-gf Jo who he cheated on Andy with. Jo thought it was someone else who did it.

Luke: Andy believed me. After all that I've done, she believed me when I told her I thought he was hiding evidence somewhere. You didn't.

Comparisons: The new movie The Change- Up has sparked some comparisons.

Body- switch stories: That has been done before on Freaky Friday with a mother and daughter switching their bodies. It was done on TV shows like Alex Mack with Alex switching bodies with her mom. On Buffy where Buffy switches bodies with the other slayer Faith. Angel had a storyline where Angel is in an old man's body and an old man was in Angel's vampire body.

Magical fountain: The Change- Up had two guys wish they had each others lives at a fountain. The movie When in Rome had the lead character steal coins from a magic fountain.

Aug. 7 Funny song: I found this on Yahoo. It's where country singer Taylor Swift covers rapper Eminem's song "Lose Yourself." She sounds good with the crowd singing with her. It was kind of funny to see her sing this song.

http://new.ca.music.yahoo.com/blogs/ourcountry/94411/taylor-swift-captivates-crowd-with-eminem-cover

Post Secret: There is this keystroke counter and a wedding ring on a post card. It pointed at the keystroke counter: "This almost cost me every f---ing thing." I found it after it was too late."

[The following email was posted with permission. The wedding band has been removed and Federal Expressed back to the sender.]

Dear Frank,

This past week you should have received a postcard with a keystroke counter and a wedding ring. My husband used the keystroke counter to spy on me during my affair.

Is there anyway I can get my ring back? You can post the secret, maybe another person can learn from it, how much damage an affair can cause and how easy it is to be caught.

We're going through marriage counseling now and I'm trying to make amends. Neither of us wants to split our home and our two kids up because of a mistake I made.

Thank you very much.

Another secret was: "My cousin has a brother he doesn't know about and I can't tell him."

Me: Why can't you tell him? Maybe you can send him an anonymous note?

"I like making bad decisions. Life's more fun that way."

Me: I think the writing style looks like a girl wrote it. I don't purposely make bad decisions, but I guess the flip side is that it would or could be more fun.

"The military saved my life."

Me: I like that secret.

"I have a schizoid personality disorder and I have been faking emotions since I was 12. Nobody noticed."

Me: I looked up that personality disorder and it's about a person who can't feel emotions, and can seem cold, aloof and they want to avoid positive and negative emotions. It's an interesting read. I remember reading that word when I was in gr. 12.

I was on this aspiring singer Jenny Hyun's website and there was this personality disorder test she took where you can rate high, medium, or low.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizoid_personality_disorder

No comments: