Thursday, August 25, 2011

job interview/ flashback/ jokes

Aug. 24 Job interviews: Today is my day off and I went to a job interview this morning. It was at an optometrist clinic that I interviewed before months ago. The interviewer remembers me. The interview was okay.

Then in the late afternoon I did a job interview at another optometrist clinic. It was average. Today I didn't study my HTML book, and I didn't call that company again.

High school: I was thinking about this conversation I had with Angela. What if my sister wanted to go to the performing arts high school that I wanted to go to? Would my dad let her? My dad asked: "Why would she go to that school?" Maybe if all her friends went there. Angela said that was a stupid reason, but that happens a lot. Teenagers want to be with their friends.

I can say this in general, all high schools have the following electives: art, drama, band, computers, home economics courses like cooking and sewing, French and Spanish. I know Wagner and M.E Lazerte are the only schools that have cosmetology. Victoria Performing Arts has Drama, and then they have Acting which is a harder drama class to get into. You have to audition and have a recommendation from your gr. 9 drama teacher to get into Acting 10. This is the only school that has dance as an elective.

Maybe there's another school that has dance, but I don't know for sure. Wagner is a good computers/ technology school.

College: College is different. No one goes to college to be with their friends. There are these factors like money to spend on tuition, and how much time you want to go to school for like one or two year programs or 4 yrs. Not every school has the same programs. I can say University of Alberta, Grant MacEwan, NAIT, Norquest, and CDI all have business programs.

The U of A is the only school that has law. I know NAIT is the only school that has Radio and TV programs. Unless someone wants to tell me there is another school out there that has the program. MacEwan also has 4 different campuses so even if you and your friends are going to the same school, it's not the same location.

Blog article: I got this email through my blog. I thought it was an easy read where she listed "48 iPad Apps That College Students Love." There are apps that help you take notes, organize your schedule, and find cheap textbooks. There are apps that can be used if you aren't a college student like finding entertainment in your city:

Hi Tracy,

I’m a writer for Onlinecolleges.net and we just published an article “48 iPad Apps That College Students Love” I think you’d like to feature it in your upcoming post schedule.(http://www.onlinecolleges.net/2011/08/23/48-ipad-apps-that-college-students-love/)

Thanks!

Jasmine Hall

Aug. 25 Jokes: I don't know if you ever noticed this, but in my 3rd email of the week, it's where I put all my jokes. I need to cheer up because I get angry and depressed.

Producers: I checked my email today and I got this email in French regarding my The Vertex Fighter script. Well they called it the original title The Fighter. I called my brother over because he took French in school. lol. He told me: "It's a rejection letter. They said due to the big volume of propositions, we're not going to take your script." I then noticed "grand volume de propositions" in the line.

Crazy trigger: This was months ago, but I was at Wal- Mart to pick up a prescription. I had to wait so I read, and then did some shopping. I found this candle, when the wax melts, it turns into massage oil. I got this flashback of a few years ago where James Kyson Lee (Ando from Heroes) was on Talk Show with Spike Feresten.

JKL: I got this candle from a fan. If you melt the candle it will turn into massage oil which I will give to your wife.
The audience laughs.

Earlier in the ep, there was a sketch where Spike was talking to his "wife" over on webcam.

Job jokes: I was watching The Office months ago in the ep called "Garage Sale." The boss Michael was talking to the camera.

Michael: I should have burned this place down when I got the chance.

lol. It reminds me of the days when I was working at Call Centre #2 and I kept wishing the place would close down. Instead I bide my time and kept working there until I got to quit to go to school full-time.

On 30 Rock, they talked about the past like the social network Friendster. Does anyone remember that? It's still here, but no one really uses it like My Space. What's in now is Facebook. They mentioned the disappearing travel agent job. I remember reading an article on the internet about people using the internet to book travel plans instead of going to an agency.

Flashback: I got this flashback yesterday. It was probably from 1998 or 1999. The British boy band Five was performing at Canada's Wonderland (amusement park) and the TV show The Hit List was there. One of the host's Leslie sees a poster that said: "I Quit my Job for Five."

The young woman/ fan said: "I wanted a day off from my job to see Five, and my boss wouldn't let me. So I was like, I quit." Then Leslie took her and her friend to meet Five. That was so cool. Five then talked to the camera to the boss: "Give her her job back or you're being plain nasty."

I was like 13/ 14 when I saw this and I thought it was so cool that she got to meet them. Now I'm 26 and I think: "Or you could call in sick on that day and skip work and then see Five." Unless her manager sees her on TV with a different poster: "I skipped work for Five." Or the manager would have fired her and said: "You're trying to convince me you're sick when you asked for this day off earlier?"

I'm going to assume that this woman didn't have a really amazing job. She probably worked in retail or a restaurant that didn't pay very well. It's really just a job, and not a career.

Dark joke: This is from MADtv, I am forewarning it may be offensive. There was a sketch about a superhero named Bible Dude. He was talking to this high school football team in the locker room.

Coach: I'm just a pedophile.
Bible Dude: Well if it's good enough for the Pope, it's good enough for me!
The audience says: "Ohhhhh."

Magic Clerk: This is a sketch on Jay Leno. This magician's name is Michael. He works at a Seven Eleven. He asks for an ID from this black woman. He then cuts it up. Then he tells her to look at this sign by the counter, and her ID magically shows up on the sign.

He then did another trick where he turns a $1 bill to a $100 bill by spraying something on it.

9 comments:

Davey said...

Did you hear anything back from the two interviews you had? When you say the interview went ok, what do you mean? Were you prepared and did you rehearse answers to the likely questions before hand? Did you feel like you presented yourself in the best possible way? What would you do differently next time?

business schools said...

Well, I read the interviews-conversations. Interviews are always comes with lots of nervousness but also they are interesting too.

men suit said...

This interview conversation article is awesome and impressive. Thanks for sharing every information. I really attract by that.

Anonymous said...

It could be really scary to have your job interview, especially for the first time. You'll wonder what to say and how to handle yourself. Let us teach you how by Interview Coaching Calgary.

Ullo said...

The friends change in schools and colleges and even Universities because they change their subjects and when we are upto something, we need to look at this site and gain some results of our own choice to get the ideal place of our own.

stoya riley said...

A comprehensive saw can break down wherever that has a web association have the adaptability to think about when it's most helpful for you be told by scholastic working at the essential edge of your field wind up being somewhat of a rich and moved internet gathering approach University bolster associations. Then again, I really require Top Review Stars for instructive locales. I have offered to discover this info here in this site and confident, I will get answer soon.

stoya riley said...

Your statement of the day is great and this one is new for me. We should actualize this sort of statement and roll out a positive improvement in our life. I found many individuals who ready to consider editing administrations audit and some intriguing and remarkable methodology likewise have this site to find out about it. I want to see it here and this will be good for us.

Emma Quillen said...

Good site, Your framework is so exceptional occupation and I understand you have to control the seemingly insignificant details to make the perfect edge. I like your https://www.cheapresumewritingservices.net/mainstream-6-resume-lies/ site and you should make it logically perfect.

Anonymous said...

Good blog post about the resume. Such kind of article is so unprecedented and I feel inconvenience when I search for this sort of the news. Incidentally, this http://www.liprofilewriter.com/get-professional-linkedin-profile-writing-assistance/ is so lovely and an obligation of appreciation is altogether to share this information.