Wednesday, August 3, 2011

results-oriented/ crazy news/ comparisons

Jul. 30 Results- oriented: I was reading that blog article about LinkedIn. "Results-oriented" is an overused term on a resume. I don't have that on my resume, but that can be used to describe me. That's how I prioritize my actions and goals.

Action: Working at my job.
Results: Making tips everyday at work, and getting a paycheck every 2 weeks, and saving that money.

Action: Looking for an office job.
Results: Lots of emails rejecting me. Some phone calls that lead to interviews. Still haven't got the office job yet, but I know my resume is on the company's files.

Action: Writing on my The Vertex Fighter blog to promote my film project.
Results: No one has really made any comments on my blog. It took a year before someone started posting on my personal badcb blog. My desired results is to get funding for The Vertex Fighter.

The other result is my notes about film making and that I'm learning about the business.

Action: Writing the Rain script.
Result: To get it finished and start pitching it. There aren't that many results because I have writer's block and I am focusing on my job and job search.

Jul. 31 Brain drain: This phrase means skill professionals moving to other parts of the world instead of staying in the country where they're from, and using their skills there. I got this email through my blog:

Hi Tracy,

We at Onlineuniversities.com are big fans of your site. We just posted an article called “10 Countries Facing the Biggest Brain Drain” and wanted to share it with you and your readers. It might be a good way to spark extra discussion on your site, too. Let us know how it turns out.


(http://www.onlineuniversities.com/blog/2011/07/10-countries-facing-the-biggest-brain-drain/)

Thanks!
Liz Nutt

I thought it was a very smart, and informative article that I would find in the newspaper. They mention Ethiopia, Kenya, and Nigeria who have lots of doctors, but they move to the US. Those are the countries that need the doctors.

Crazy news: I found this on Yahoo and this will qualify for the TV show I Didn't Know I was Pregnant. This woman in Cincinnati didn't have any pregnancy symptoms at all, no cramping or weight gain. Then she went into the washroom and realized that a baby is coming out. 20 min. later she gave birth to a baby boy Jackson.

She has a 16 yr old daughter, and when the mom was pregnant with her, she experienced all the pregnancy symptoms with her daughter.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/video/cincinnatiwlwt-18191085/woman-unexpectedly-gives-birth-26096719.html

Aug. 1 Job search: This job search has an effect on how I watch TV. I was watching Degrassi and KC works a dishwasher.

KC: I work as a dishwasher. I could stay at home and make the same money on welfare.
Then he was promoted to bus boy.

It reminds me when I was on EI and looking for a job. I can be working part-time and that's how much EI I get.

Comparisons: I haven't typed up anything for my Rain script since the beginning of last month. I usually am able to get writer's block out of the way if I think about everything that's been done. Then it makes me think of what hasn't been done.

A sniper in a crime drama: I've seen this on Criminal Minds ep called "LDSK" meaning Long- Distance Serial Killer. It was on Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior and Flashpoint. There is a lot of suspense and drama because you can't see the shooter and it's harder to find him.

Typing up something that comes true: It was first done on The Twilight Zone and I saw the ep last year. I first saw a storyline like this back in 1994 on the kids TV show Are You Afraid of the Dark? where a guy uses a magical typewriter for his creative writing class.

It was done on Sabrina the Teenage Witch where Sabrina uses a magical typewriter. The figure skater Michelle Kwan comes on rollerskating in the hallway. I remember the characters in Sabrina's story comes true like the enemies like Mr. Kraft and Libby have their doppelgangers. I'm a writer so I imagine things like: "Wouldn't it be cool if this really happened and it's not just a fictional story?"

Hoarding storyline: It was done on South Park and The Simpsons where Marge becomes a hoarder.

Woman comes back into man's life, and says the kid is his: I saw this on Desperate Housewives withe Bree's boyfriend played by Brian Austin Green. I then saw it on Heartland where a woman says that to Tim. Tim was smart to do a DNA test and confirm that he's the father.

Hide illegal things in pizza boxes: I saw this on Hawaii 5.0 and it was guns. I then watched Castle ep "Slice of Death." It was a murder in a pizzeria. They were hiding in heroin in pizza boxes.

Opening scene is a dream: I was watching Pretty Little Liars and a bad guy attacks the 4 friends. It was anti-climatic and a cliche. I will admit I did that a couple of times in the beginning of my script, but got rid of it. It was done in the movie Bring it On.

It was done on Buffy's ep "Hush" where they lose all their voices, but it was a significant dream because Buffy's dreams can be prophetic because she is the slayer.

Lying to the police to get them to help you: I was watching Rookie Blue ep called "Heart and Sparks" and this black woman comes into the station saying she knows who killed this drug dealer. The killer's name is Michelle Turner. Then it turns out MT is actually the woman's daughter who went missing last year. She is a low priority because she is a drug addict who got into drugs by the now- dead drug dealer.

The mom thought if she said MT was the killer, then the police will start looking for her. The cop Traci then helped get a Priority 1 bulletin on MT.

I got a flashback of the first season of this show. A woman calls 911 saying she heard gun shots, but when the police get there, she says: "My kid's missing. I knew if I said I heard gun shots you would get here faster than if I said my kid was missing."

Aug. 2 Kerry James: I was going through my writing, and I think the actor Kerry James should be in my Rain script where he plays a jerk in one scene. KJ is in the Alberta shot show Heartland. He plays the good guy Caleb, but I can see him in my Rain script.

Check him out:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1733551/

Aug. 3 Genders being mean: Hey guys, I found it. I went on Youtube and here's the sketch that I keep talking about. It's on the Jamie Kennedy Experiment and how the 2 male judges said all these mean comments. If you ask a female judge, she wouldn't be as mean. Or maybe she would.

You watch this, and do you get angry when you watch this? Because I do, because the judges were mean. What would you say after you saw JK's performance? Check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBQ1s35d5rw

No comments: