Saturday, August 13, 2011

birthday joke/ Rebecca Black/ I'm different

Aug. 10 Birthday joke: I got this joke through dailysilly.com. Here it is:

A man named Bill woke up on his birthday. His wife and kids didn't even say good morning to him. So, he left for work in a huff. His receptionist, Joanna, said happy birthday. "Thanks, Joanna. That's the nicest thing anyone's said to me all day." Bill relied, pleased. So he worked until his lunch break, when Joanna asked if he fancied a lunch. Instead of taking their usual lunch just outside, they went to a big beautiful bistro. " My apartment is just around the corner. Would you like to visit?" Joanna asked. "Sure, why not?" Bill replied. At her apartment, Bill sat down on the couch. Joanna said she'd be right back and stepped into the bedroom. Minutes later, she came back out followed by Bills family, friends, and co-workers. Bill just sat there... naked.

Headlines: I was watching Jay Leno "Headlines" and it talked about Red Deer, AB. The article said that there was a potential bomb in the school so the students went to look for it in lockers. Whoever found the bomb first, gets a credit.

JL: Looks like they do things a little differently in Canada.

lol.

It's true, it did happen. I looked it up. In this Red Deer Advocate, it didn't mention about students looking for the bomb:

http://www.reddeeradvocate.com/s?action=login&f=y&period=W

Crazy video: I was watching Jay Leno the other day, and they showed this crazy car chase scene. A white car was leading in this high speed car chase. It made sharp turns and I would say the driver drove well since it didn't hit anything. The car stops and the door opens. Then a 10 yr old boy runs out.

Me: What?

I thought it was an adult or a teenager driving the car, not a 10 yr old boy. Who is this? Bart Simpson? lol.

Logo: Jay Leno did another segment about hidden things in logos. This time he pointed out how there is an arrow in the FedEx logo. It's in between the E and the X. Here's the link where there's an interview with the FedEx logo creator. It traces the arrow.

http://www.thesneeze.com/mt-archives/000273.php

Aug. 11 Birthday: It's my birthday. This morning my sister wished me a happy birthday. My dad got up and also remembered it. So did my grandma. My brother remembers because he asked me yesterday what we'll do to celebrate.

I went to work and my co-worker Jessica wished me a happy birthday. At the end of the shift, I see Glenda have an apple pie so I thought she was going to eat it. Then my co-workers surprised me and started singing happy birthday to me by putting a candle on the apple pie. I didn't expect that. I felt so special. lol.

In 2009, I remember my friend Sylvia brought me a cupcake and my co-worker Jen wished me a happy b-day because she saw it on Facebook. My co-workers at my present job knew because of Facebook.

Birthday video: I was looking on Youtube for that South Park episode. I want to see Cartman jiggling his round body and singing: "Because it's my birthday."

I did find this video where my favorite singer Robin Thicke is singing "Happy birthday" and I will imagine he is singing to me. lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptSyKz4rs3o

Aug. 12 Facebook: Also 14 people wished me a happy birthday on Facebook so that was cool. I don't really care for gifts, but just wishing me a happy birthday is good enough.

Cake: This year I picked a Garfield on my ice cream cake from Dairy Queen. I remember 2 yrs ago I picked one of a little tiger, and the year after that was 2 dolphins.

Rebecca Black: This is a 14 yr old girl who released a song and music video called "Friday." I read about her in the Globe and Mail where the article dissed the video. Here's an article on Yahoo where she had to drop out of school because of bullies and people harassing her due to her song and video.

I feel sorry for her, but at least she's doing home schooling. In the article she says she made enough money for her to go to college, and with homeschooling she can pursue her singing career more.

http://new.ca.music.yahoo.com/blogs/stopthepresses/392244/rebecca-black-pulled-from-school-due-to-bullying/

Here's her "Friday" music video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pi9W533aJp4

I'm going to say my opinion here: She can't sing. This is the studio- recorded version. When you're in a studio, you can sound really good even if you have a mediocre voice. I thought I should give her a chance and listen to her sing live:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CBzT2pv1Jc&feature=related

I listen to it live, and she still sounds bad. Maybe it's the song which has poor lyrics. I don't like her voice. She is in Katy Perry's music video "Last Friday Night." All I can say is that if Rebecca wants to have a career in the performing arts, she either gets singing lessons, go into acting or modeling.

Flashback: In a way, I can relate to her. I was in the talent show in gr. 7 and 9, and I was dancing in it. In gr. 7, it was kind of like being famous after I performed. All these strangers/ students come up to me and they know from that performance. I would say there were 10 compliments, and then 1 person would diss me.

But you know what, I still got a lot of compliments. You learn that you can't please everybody.

Paris Hilton: I remember when her album came out in 2006 and people were saying: "You know she's not going to sing any of these songs live." It's one thing to be in the studio where you can sound good, but when you're live, it's totally different. But I found her here singing live and I think she's okay. I'm not cringing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRYRAilquwA

I'm different: I've mentioned before that TV influences me the most, but it seems that my job search influences me when I watch TV. I have mentioned like that time I watch Desperate Housewives where Lynette and Tom's son Preston got a job.

Preston: It pays $14/hr and it has benefits.
Tom: That's good.
Me: Yeah.

I was thinking about that Jamie Kennedy Experiment about "genders being mean." I was 18 when I first saw it, and I would have gave a critique of JK's performance. Now that I'm 26, I'm thinking about: "My boss and co-workers, and potential bosses will see me on TV and I have to look professional even though I'm a judge on a talent show." When I was 18, I never thought about potential bosses seeing this on TV.

I have thought of things like: "I don't want to miss this TV show and miss something really good by not watching it." Now I think things like: "I need to keep looking for a job because I don't want to miss a good opportunity that I would totally be good at."

I've mentioned before on how I missed the opportunities to make more money because I wanted to watch TV shows like Dr. Phil and Maury.

Aug. 13: Well I am still like that about not missing good TV shows. However, I'm about being productive during my free time. It's about living a balanced life. Work hard at your job, look for an office job and have a bit of fun here and there.

Charity: On Facebook, I set up this birthday account so people would donate to a charity on my birthday. My friend Angela said this: "Sweet of you to request donations on behalf of your birthday."

However, nobody donated to my charity. Whatever. Then donate to the people in Somalia who are in a famine.

No comments: