Monday, August 15, 2011

job articles/ Ryan Blair/ comparisons

Aug. 14 Job articles: I found this through Job Boom. If you are hear people being sarcastic, it makes you more creative:

"'Observing anger communicated through sarcasm enhances complex thinking and solving of creative problems,’ lead author Ella Miron-Spektor wrote in the study."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2021601/Sarcasm-lowest-form-wit--best-motivator-workplace.html#ixzz1U1pzurlT

Blog: I found this job article through my blog. I thought it was interesting and informative.

Hi Tracy,

We posted an article that we thought you and your readers might be interested in having a look at, “10 High-Paying Jobs That Aren’t Worth It”. Just thought I'd let you know that you would be interested in featuring or mentioning it in your blog.

Thanks for your time!

Roxanne McAnn

The jobs are medical like gastroenterologist, surgeon, and embalmer. I remember reading somewhere that a lot of med school students drop out, not because school's hard, but because dealing with the human body is disgusting. There are the dangerous jobs like hostage negotiator, bomb squad officer, and coal mine worker.

Aug. 15 Ryan Blair: I found this job article on Yahoo. It's about "From Gang Member to millionare CEO." It interviews this guy named Ryan Blair who dropped out of school at gr.9 due to ADD and dyslexia. Now he's an entrepreneur who makes millions of dollars a year.

He discussed about what he learned from juvenile hall. This is a good inspiration to me to motivate me in achieving my goals. Also it's good for my writing because it's about redemption and turning your life around.

http://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/From-gang-member-millionaire-forbeswp-3869850001.html?x=0

Job assessment: I have been looking for an office job for 18 months now. Every month I have passed over 100 resumes and applied to jobs. From Apr. 2010- Nov. 2010 I was unemployed and looked for a job and an office job at the same time. Now I've been looking for an office job from Nov. 2010 to present because I've been working at my restaurant job.

Comparisons: Enough about my job search, I need to write some scripts. I have a batch of comparisons.

Sea creatures attacking group of hot, young people: I saw the trailer for Shark Night 3D. It looks like the movie Piranha.

Music videos with a game show theme: The band Down with Webster did a music video with a game show them for their song "Your man." Black Eyed Peas did that for their song "Don't Phunk with my Heart."

Bad guys and storage lockers: I mentioned this before when I was watching Rookie Blue where the serial killer was going to kill Andy. I've seen a person being held hostage in a storage locker on The Listener. I remember seeing on Criminal Minds they did this.

Doing a blood test and finding out that family member(s) not your biological family: I saw this on In Plain Sight recently in the ep "I'm a Liver, not a Fighter" where a man needs a liver. His daughter does a blood test and learns he's not really her biological father.

I then saw this on Degrassi and Holly J needs a kidney. Her family all has Type AB and she has Type A. On the show they said it's very rare for one person to have a different blood type from the rest of your family. I was thinking: "Different father?" She learns she was adopted at 11 months old.

Her mom said she was going to tell her when she was 18. She didn't want Holly J to feel different and that she didn't belong. I always thought it was good to tell from the start that you are adopted so it's not a big shock later on in your life. Also it's good to adopt someone outside of your race, so the kid knows straight up he is adopted. lol.

Doctors stealing drugs from work: I saw on The Mentalist where an anesthesiologist was taking drugs. On Prison Break, Dr. Tancredi used to steal drugs before she started working at the prison. The movie The Glass House had a dr. do that. There is a little variation of that on Degrassi where JT works at a Shoppers Drug Mart kind of store and he stole drugs from the pharmacy and sold it.

It was done on The Listener where a paramedic takes morphine for himself. It was Oz's subplot when he finds out.

Teenage boy sociopaths: I saw the actor Sterling Beaumon play one on Criminal Minds and then again on Law and Order: SVU. There was Kyle Gallner who plays one on Veronica Mars.

Flashback episode of how the characters got together: I saw this on Hellcats ep "Remember When" on how the cheer leading team came together. They did that on Prison Break on how they all got arrested and landed in prison. Also on Criminal Minds on how the FBI team was formed.


Gun shot, blood splatters on the face of the person standing beside victim: I saw this on Criminal Minds where an autistic boy was playing the piano. A gun shot rings out, and blood splatters on the boy's face.

I got a flashback of seeing this way back in 2000. I was watching Angel, and Lindsay was standing there as he hears the boss arguing with a lawyer. The lawyer then gets shot in the head, and blood splatters on Lindsay.

I then saw this on Rookie Blue season 2 premiere. Andy was talking to a girl, and then blood splatters on Andy's face.

No comments: