Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Jack Layton/ family/ The Listener

Aug. 22 Jack Layton: I got home and got on the computer to see that Jack Layton is the #1 thing to be searched on in Yahoo. I then checked my email and something from Linked In mentions his death. I then go on Yahoo and read the article that he died from his second bout of cancer at age 61.

He was a nice guy and a good politician if he was a federal NDP leader for 8 yrs. I remember seeing him on The Rick Mercer Report where RM goes to JL's house. There is a tour and it was funny. JL can speak Cantonese and introduced RM to his mother-in-law who's Chinese. I went on Facebook and everybody's talking about JL:

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."

-Jack Layton

Family: I was thinking a lot about family yesterday and today. Like on Buffy where Cordelia said: "I have two parents unlike some people." There was fallacy in that because Buffy does have two parents, they're just divorced and she doesn't really see her dad often. Her dad is alive, so I count that as having two parents. If one of her parents is dead, then I can say she has one parent. Also Giles is like a father to Buffy.

Parents: Divorce is kind of grey issue. I have a friend who's parents have been divorced since she was 3, and her mom raised her and her big brother. She doesn't see her dad often, but in my opinion she has two parents. I don't know about my friend's opinion, because she may say she has one parent.

I have another friend who's dad left her and her mom when she was 6. She never saw her dad again. I think he's alive, but in this case, my opinion would be she doesn't have a dad.

I remember talking to my friend Angela a few years ago.

Me: I was watching Tyra Banks show, and this teen girl said: "I found out my dad is not my real biological dad."
Angela: Yeah, well at least she does have a dad.
Me: That reminds me of Maury-
A: I thought you quit watching that show.
Me: I did, I just remember it. This guy finds out that he may not be the father to these two kids. He says: "Yeah, well they're still my kids." The audience cheers. It turns out he is the father. If I found out my dad is not my real biological dad, I would be sad about it, but I would still consider him my dad because he was the one who raised me.

Adoption: I was thinking about this. I have seen this on TV shows like Arrested Development and The Vampire Diaries where someone learns they are adopted. What if my brother was adopted? I would still consider him my brother. Of course, this is the sibling I actually get along with. If my sister was adopted, I would still consider her my sister. We were all raised by the same parents, DNA isn't everything. If I found out I was adopted, I would still consider them my family.

Mixed relations: I remember reading in a magazine about this girl who found out her mom is really her biological aunt. Her aunt is really her biological mom who gave her up for adoption to her sister. I saw this on Dr. Phil and 30 Rock where it turns out the mom is really the biological grandma. The older sister is really the mom.

Job search: I have been doing a little bit of a job search for the past few days. I basically read my Job Serve emails that I've been getting and apply to some. I've been busy studying my HTML book. I called the company today, but couldn't reach the person, so I left a message. I'll try again earlier tomorrow.

Aug. 23: I called the company again earlier in the afternoon, but he wasn't there so I left another message. I'm a little annoyed because I spent 5 days studying my computer book, and not looking for a job. I did email my friend who was interviewed to see if she got the job. Be patient. They may not even have made a decision yet.

Rant: This is a mild rant. The Listener came out in summer 2009. It wasn't until Feb. 2011, CTV started airing the second season on Tues. Then they aired it for awhile and changed it to Fri. Then they took it off the air though there are still 3 episodes left of the season to air.

Then last week, they started airing it on Wed. I want CTV to pick a day, and air it consistently on that day. Or the very least, don't start airing some episodes, and then take it off the air, and then a couple months later bring it back on again. I'm going to post this on twop.com on the thread "Little things that TV stations do that annoy you."

The Listener: After CTV stopped airing it, I actually tuned into an episode on the internet. There were French subtitles, but the show was in English. The ep I saw was called "To Die For." Toby is with a woman in his apartment and she may stay over, but then she starts sneezing. It turns out there's a ferret and she's allergic to it. It belongs to T's friend Oz.

T goes to the woman Billie's office at work, and she closes the door. The sign says she's the polygraph examiner. There was no dialogue, and you know her a job at the IIB. This ep seems to be inspired by the famous chef Gordon Ramsey because T and IIB have to solve a murder at a restaurant.

Chef Dylan hears his partner Will arguing with Mob Boss who wants his investment back. MB shoots Will. MB says he didn't kill Will. T uses his telepathic abilities and reads MB's mind and that's what happened. Dylan is in witness protection. They show the CN tower so good shout out to Canada.

They go to the restaurant and it's fine dining. T reads mind and it turns out Jack shoots Will and not MB. T reads Dylan's mind, and D was protecting Jack like J always protected D when they were kids. They talk to this woman Cook. Cook is lying to get a free restaurant. But then Cook tells T and agent McCluskey about it. Dylan bought Cook's silence by giving her the restaurant.

Jack shoots Will in the leg. Dylan finishes the job with the second shot. Dylan hides the gun in the restaurant wall. Dylan frames MB with murder.

There is a little subplot with the IIB boss Klein with the female Lawyer in bed together. Lawyer and McCluskey don't totally get along due to a previous case they worked together. Klien and Lawyer thought M doesn't know they they're together, but M is smart and does. I've seen this on Castle where two people who work together are dating on the low, and thought no one else at work knows about them, but everybody does.

Another little plot was the hospital boss Ryder lashes out at Oz about having a ferret at work. Later in the show, Oz comes in to feed the ferret and finds Ryder sleeping on the couch at work. He says his wife kicked him out because he has an anger management problem and won't go to class on it. He does if you watch the show, because he's always grumpy.

Oz leaves. Then Oz comes back and tells Ryder to go to anger management class. At the end of the ep, Ryder thanks Oz for the pep talk and takes the ferret so he and his family can take care of it.

The Listener is on CTV on Wed. nights, so go check it out.

No comments: