Monday, May 9, 2011

writing/ charity/ positive

May 2 Writing: Today is my day off and I put 2 hrs into my job search. I also put in 2 hrs to my Rain script. I recently read in The Globe and Mail about typewriters. It's interesting to read what got deleted because the typewriters have it all written up. In a computer, if it gets deleted, it stays that way and you don't see what got deleted.

Well you can save your documents and email it to yourself as a back up if your computer, USB key, or 3.5 floppy disk stops working. That's what I do. In my Legal Issues for Writers class, my lawyer/ teacher said that to copyright your work, you should keep drafts of what you had written. So all my earlier drafts are in my email.

May 4 Charity: Today my family donated our used clothing to the Diabetes foundation. The Cerebral Palsy charity called us for the same things, but we already planned to donate to Diabetes. We did some spring cleaning and managed to get rid of stuff we don't use and to give to people who need it more.

Cancer charity: I read in the newspaper that everybody donates to breast cancer, but not to stomach or lung cancer. Only 13% of lung cancer patients are smokers. Stomach cancer is more deadly than breast cancer.

May 6 Gambling charity: I was reading in the Edmonton Journal about how gambling revenues provide to charity. Did you know that 15% of gamblers earn less than $30,000? 1 in 5 make less than $50,000. 50% of all gambling revenues that charities and government gets come from problem gamblers.

Celebrity charity: I recently read that the singer Alicia Keyes is promoting AIDS/ HIV awareness.

I heard on the radio, that New Kid on the Block/ actor Donnie Wahlberg helped find a kidney for a fan through Twitter.

Job rant: This week hasn't been really good for me at my job. My hours are cut, and I don't have much tips coming in. I feel like I should have reactivated my EI to make up for my loss income.

The only good thing I can say is that since I have a couple more extra hours that I could be working, I'm actually at home on my job search. My 20 yr old self would be using this free time to be having fun by watching TV and going on twop.com. My 25 yr old self here is being productive with her job search.

School: My other rant is now that I'm looking back at my 8 month unemployment last year, I should have gone to school like my parents and grandma told me to. Well I was doing something productive with the entire 8 months. I was looking for a job constantly and I did work here and there, but the jobs didn't work out. It had a lasting effect on me as in I will stay at my current job because I don't want to be on a job search unless it's for an office job.

The thing is to do things that produce results. By looking for a job, I get a job. By working at a job, I make money. As for my Professional Writing diploma, I go to school and there aren't any results from it. Well it looks good on my resume. It's good for my self- esteem that I did manage to get a college diploma. It also looks good when I'm pitching my script to producers.

I don't want to go to school full- time. I was talking with my dad the other day, and I did listen to my sister at the dinner table. She is taking one class to develop a skill for her resume. I guess I should take one class and put it on my resume. I have time because I only work part- time, and I'm still making money and not spending a lot of money on one class.

Dateline: When I'm mad about one thing, I get mad about everything else even when it's not really relevant to my life. I'm going to bring up that Dateline: To Catch a Predator thing again about that 35 yr old guy dating a 12 yr old girl. One comment on Youtube was: "At least he (predator) was honest."

Yeah, he was honest to the host Chris Hansen. Unlike the other guys who always say: "I just came here to talk." He was honest to CH, but he was so fake to the 12 yr old girl. He seemed fake to me. He said: "I thought we should get to know each other a bit first." I don't know if he was lying to the girl or to himself so it would make it less wrong that he's dating a 12 yr old.

I can imagine that the guy was thinking to say that in case the police questioned them. The girl would tell the police: "He didn't try to have sex with me at all when we first met."

Lonely: The Dateline guy said he was "lonely." He is so lonely and desperate, he was going to do something illegal and date a 12 yr old. I mean, I know when you're lonely, you can become desperate for any social contact even if you don't really like or are interested in the person. It reminds me of my ex- friend Grace. When the friendship turned sour, she still kept wanting to hang out with me because she didn't have any friends.

When I turned her down, she goes and asks to play with my little brother who's 3 yrs younger. I remember one time she then dissed him to me about this game he thought to play. I was thinking: "If you don't like playing with him, then don't." But I can tell she's lonely.

Here are a couple of fictional examples: On Gossip Girl, Eric doesn't have any friends so he hangs out with the drug dealer Damien. In the book series California Diaries, Dawn spends some time with ex-friend Jill though she had outgrew her.

Job article: I got this email through my blog and thought it was very informative and that everybody should read regarding their job search.

Hi Tracy,

We would love to share with you an article that we just posted on our own blog! “10 Ways to Decide to Accept a New Job or Stay Put” (http://www.cheapestservice.com/blog/10-ways-to-decide-to-accept-a-new-job-or-stay-put/) would be an interesting story for your readers to check out and discuss on your blog.

Thanks for sharing some great content through your blog. It has been a sincere pleasure to read.

Sincerely,
Lauren diaz

Some of things listed were wages, benefits, advancement potential, and job security. They asked good questions to think about when you think of taking another job.

May 7 Positive: It's a new day and I have a new outlook. Yesterday I was angry and sad about my lack of money due to shortage of hours. I looked at my Mar. paychecks and compared it to my Apr. paychecks. I made a couple hundred dollars more in Apr. I did make a couple hundreds dollar less in Apr. tips than in Mar. tips.

It was a bad week. Let's look at the bigger picture of the months. It's that saying I heard from Chris from the boy band Nsync way back in 2001: "It's not about the amount of money, it's about the idea of it."

This is a job with an ebb and flow. I had a good flow in Dec. and Jan. during the holiday season. Now it's at an ebb.

5 comments:

anonymous said...

Great! I ready to peruse this story and come now that it is exceptionally hard to compose this sort of material however your exertion is demonstrating that you buckle down for making or create this story and student can go here to get unique task.

anonymous said...

Great tips.... At the point when the occasions of the Christmas come everybody end up occupied and beginning planning to satisfy the prerequisite of this religion occasion and student can look here to get unique task. In this article, you give the fascinating data about the festival of the Christmas.

tes said...

Just enjoy the article with the author of this society. There is the good writing society from which you can get the better benefits. If you ever find that you cannot write anymore visit website then it is better to take some rest and then start writing again from where you start.

mikon said...

If you have emailed your stuff to your client so it can confirmed that it is in your sent items of the mail box so you just need to follow the link to get the ail that you are looking for and make your decision.

mikon said...

We all donate for the charity as this is the best thing we can do to overcome the poverty from our society as there are people who click this link to overcome the problems and the mistakes they ususally make in their exams.