Tuesday, May 3, 2011

truth/ snapshot of life/ mixed results

May 1 Truth: I got this email through my blog. I thought the site was very interesting, informative, with fun graphics. The link is cool, check it out.

Hello Tracy!

Kate here, and just wanted to bring to light an important caution. As the
world runs on social interaction, it can get quite difficult at times to
discern whether the person you just met is telling the truth. And with the
economy not doing so hot, everyone's trying to get a leg up somehow.
There's quite an interesting infographic out there that highlights just how
you can tell if a person has pure intentions as they interact with you. You
can check it out here:

blogs.westword.com/showandtell/2011/03/how_to_spot_a_liar_gratuitous_random
ness.php

Anyways, thought this might be of interest to you. If you'd like other
infographics such as these, or if you also have an infographic you think I'd
might like, let me know!

Thanks,

Kate
twitter.com/katehersch

Blog: I got this email through my blog. The article I read was very light, easy, and fun read. Check it out.

Hi Tracy,

I have become a frequent reader of your blog and we recently posted an article “10 Things You Shouldn’t Tell Someone Over the Phone”. I thought that you or your readers might find it appealing and you may be interested in sharing with your readers.

Here's the link: (http://www.phoneservice.org/blog/2011/10-things-you-shouldnt-tell-someone-over-the-phone/).

Thanks again for the great content, and I hope the article I've linked primes your interest.

Regards,

Selena Routh

May 1 Wal- mart: I mentioned this probably like a year ago. It was about how to bring down Wal- mart from the inside. Get a job there and give bad customer service by being passive- aggressive. When you take on customer complaints, look at them like you're bored and tired and not paying attention. The customers will hate you and the company. Though you may get fired.

You're probably thinking: "Do you really think that you can bring down the world's largest retailer with one person's bad customer service?" A girl can dream. There was a cartoon TV show called Dilbert based on the comic strip. There's an episode where Dilbert unintentionally single- handedly brought down a company in one day.

If you really want to bring down a company from the inside, you probably need a manager position. Or it can take care of itself like Eaton's. Does anyone remember the department store Eaton's? It closed down in 1999. It could be like Blockbuster. It used to be really big, and now they're all shutting down.

Date: I went on a date last week. It was okay, though we didn't call or email each other afterward. We walked around the mall a bit, and then we sat and talked at a bar. He does watch Tosh.O and he did find my dark jokes funny. I didn't feel there was a connection though. I'll go email him.

Clarification: I want to clarify about that Summer Heights High joke. The one where Jonah falsely accuses his dad of touching him so he can get out of English class. He didn't really falsely accuse his dad. He insinuated his dad touches him because he drew a picture and didn't say explicitly his dad touches him.

Cry: I was thinking about how many times I have seen my friends cry. I can list 6 times I have seen my friend Leslie cry. Well I did see her nearly everyday from kindergarten to gr. 10. I was there. I'm not going to list them here, because it's private. I have seen my friend Michelle cry once. I don't remember seeing my friend Angela cry. I have seen Heather cry once.

Snapshot of life: I was thinking about the girl Ashley who I used to go to gr. 7 with. Angela told me Ashley had gotten pregnant as a teenager. When I look at the snapshot of life, of the one year I knew Ashley, I wasn't surprised. She wasn't very smart as in good in school, she wasn't street smart because she threw up sometimes so she won't get fat. She was also boy- crazy.

I was thinking about the girl Grace whom I used to be friends with, but the friendship went sour. I knew her when when I was in gr. 5 and 6. For the two year snapshot, I knew of her, what did I predict for her? She wasn't very smart because she was held back two grades. She was 11 and she was in gr. 3. She was supposed to be in gr.5. She wasn't very people smart because she didn't keep her friends, and the ones she did, she started disrespecting them like me.

I don't really see her succeeding. It's not because I don't like her, but if she doesn't change her study habits or attitude about school, she's not going to succeed. I don't know, she may change. It's kind of like my brother. When he was in elementary school he got Cs. Then he got to jr. high, and he became an honors student and kept on getting good grades.

I remember one time Grace didn't know what the word anonymous means or how it was pronounced. I'm going to admit that I recently looked her up on Facebook. I even looked up my old friend Yasmine. She actually was held back two grades too. She was 11 and in gr. 4. But she was smart, and people and street smart. When I imagine her future, I can see her going to college and having a career.

Mixed results: I remember back in 2005, I was working at the mall and this guy Chris Krieger who I used to go to jr. high and high school with came in, with a baby stroller and his two friends. We were 19.

Me: Chris?
C: Yeah.
Me: You have a kid?
C: Yeah.
Me: Are you married?
C: No, that's one thing I don't plan to do.

C didn't have good grades in school, and he became an electrician. There are mixed results with this guy. The good things are that he has a career, he's taking care of his baby, and he's not going to get married just because he has a baby and he's under 25.

The bad things are that he's 19 and he already has a kid. My co-worker Jordan and my sister said that he was stupid when I told them about him. My friend Angela said that she's glad that she's not him to be saddled with a baby.

Then there's me. I am a mixed result. If you look at the snapshot of my life in gr. 9. All my teachers recommended I go into all the low classes. The good things are that I graduated within the three years, and with mediocre and average grades in some grade level classes and not all low classes. I got a 2 yr college diploma in Professional Writing.

The bad things are that I'm working at a restaurant and not utilizing my college diploma.

No comments: