Friday, January 16, 2009

writing/ analyze

Jan. 15 Writing: I emailed Glynis, and she emailed me back on the same night. However, she won't be helping me anymore. Here's what she said:

Hi Tracy,
I'm impressed that you have done so much work on THE FIGHTER and in such a short period. I have left Super Channel to return to making films. My replacement has not yet been contracted. Since a feature length script is usually 90 - 120 pages, I suggest that you work on it until it is closer to that before submitting it to Super Channel again. Although I'm not able to provide feedback at this time due to other commitments, I suggest that you contact Conni Massing at the Edmonton Public Library. She is the writer-in-residence there. Conni is a very accomplished writer and an excellent writing teacher. I'm not sure if she'll have time to read your script but I know she'll provide good advice on what to do next.
Best of luck with your project.
Glynis

Flashback: I'm getting a flashback of 2003. Connie Massing worked on the TV show The Adventures of Shirley Homes. I then met her in 2003, when she was looking for teenagers to act and write for a TV show called LMAO. It stands for "Laugh my ass off." It's about a group of teenagers who attend a performing arts school and they produce a TV show. It's supposed to be a comedy. Well it was never produced. I applied, and I got rejected. That's okay.

I remember that time I was sitting there, as she and another woman, and an actor was talking about it. They asked if we had any questions. I shot up my hand.

Me: Hi, I think you should have the actor Eric Johnson on your show. He's an actor from Edmonton and you may have seen him as Whitney from Smallville. I have his agent's office address and phone number-
Actor: Is it (agent's name)________?
Me: Yeah.
I was thinking: "How did he know that?"
Actor: Yeah, well he's my agent too. We can't have him on the show because he's too old.
EJ at that time was 23 years old, and they were looking for teens.

Actor: Yeah, and not to mention he's like 6'5".
Me: No, he's 6'2".
Actor: Yeah well after he was on Smallville, he just got too big.
They were all like: "No, he's too old."
lol. Well at least I tried. I found his agent's office address number by looking on the internet. I read everything I could about EJ and then I reread an article where it mentioned his Edmonton agent. I put EJ with the agent's name onto google and found the address and phone number.

You may say I'm a stalker. Yeah, well I never called them. I'm a big fan of EJ. I then gave the agent's contact info to the youth magazine Mozaic. They had a website called www.youthone.com which I used to go to all the time since 2002-2003. They did the interview with EJ, and published in the University of Alberta's school newspaper The Gateway.

Charity: Today the Organ Donations called for money. They said I donated back in July 2007. Yeah, I think I remember that. I turned them down.

News: I read that Prison Break is on their last season in the Metro. Four years is pretty good. I clipped out the picture where it has Michael (Wentworth Miller) holding Sarah. I remember this time back in 2007, I was in Distilled Prose class. The first time I saw this guy, I knew he looked like this actor. A few weeks later, I got the courage to tell him.

Me: Do you know who you look like?
Tyson (looks up): The guy from Prison Break?
I start laughing.
Me: I was going to say you look like Channing Tatum, the lead guy in the movie Step Up, but you look way more like the guy from Prison Break. Who told you look like him?
T: My manager at work. She's like, "You look like the guy from Prison Break."
Me: Do you watch it?
T: I've seen a few episodes.

T looks like Wentworth Miller and Dominic Purcell. All three of them have short dark hair, and a round face. T looks like he's related to them. I started laughing because I expected T to say: "I don't know, who?" But instead he goes and says an actor who he looks way more like. He's got a high level of self- awareness.

Music: Right now I'm listening to music from Ciara's new cd called Fantasy Ride. It's not available in Canada or Itunes so I'm listening to the new tracks on Youtube. Check it out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hyxb9g_67W8&feature=related

Analyze: My graduating out of college has not sunk in yet. It's like I have to get that diploma in my hand before it sinks in. Kind of like that time I was surprised I got a job at a bank. It didn't sink in until I was actually at work. Last night I was watching Criminal Minds, and then Matthew Gray Gubler appeared on screen. In 2006, I had emailed him saying that he helped me get into college. He wrote back saying that I had made him feel so special and congratulating me. I always thought that after I graduated, I would email him telling him that.

Now I think back in 2004, when I got a letter from NAIT saying that I was accepted into the Graphic Communications program, I screamed. I was so happy that I got into college. It totally sunk in. Same with getting accepted in the Professional Writing program. Also the time I passed Applied Math 20 and Science 10. I was struggling in all of grade 11, but then I finally passed. The feeling was relief.

Jan. 16: Today is my day off, but I did productive things. I woke up 45 minutes later, but I did shovel the driveway, took out the trash, and vacuumed the house.

Casting: For the record, in The Fighter script, I have casted Michael Trucco to play the character Mason Banks and Eric Johnson to play Alex Donovan. MT can play a bad guy. You can actually watch the full length ep of Law and Order: SVU "Smut" ep on youtube:

http://ca.youtube.com/results?search_query=law+and+order+svu+%22smut%22&search_type=&aq=0

Right now I'm watching CSI: NY. I don't really watch this show, but the actor Kyle Gallagher is in this. KG played Beaver on Veronica Mars, and was in the movie Red Eye. He was also in a Law and Order: SVU ep, and he was a bad guy of course. Well Melissa Joan Hart who played Sabrina on Sabrina the Teenage Witch also was in the ep. She played the victim.

In this ep, KG's character is 23 years old and is writing a news blog so he's kind of like me. lol. KG is in the ep called "Taxi" where he is trying to track down taxi cab killer.

Job search: Today I passed out 11 resumes to banks, and hair salons to be an administrative assistant.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent blog post, The rule isn't only a pathway to cash, as can't avoid being as consistent as possible trusted in these days. The way in which that website it gives a door to wealth is optional. The bearing is early and controlling,

Anonymous said...

Such a good post about Tracy blogs. This https://www.paraphrasetool.info/ is the critical subject which is related to the virtuoso people. Your information is so brilliant and I like this kind of stuff. I am sitting tight for more information about this stuff.

Anonymous said...

Goo blog post, The best among you are those instructors, who train you go through and through consider of the case. They don't keep your reasoning. Along these great post to read they make such a country which goes into the goliath past to accomplish the pined for goals.

JohnA swingle said...

I am also impressed by the letter and this is perfect for us. Such services are giving me more plan to write perfectly. The https://www.bestghostwriters.net/our-academic-ghostwriting-services/ is all about learning new things so love the post!!

tohan gib said...

I have read many best reviews about this platform. Writing can be great for us if we take interest throughly. Also paraphrasing online is available so keep writing at your best.