Friday, January 30, 2009

news/ vampires

Jan. 27 News: I read in the Globe and Mail yesterday that people are using libraries more often. It's during a recession and people use the computers, and free wireless internet to look for jobs. Also more cds, dvds, books are being taken out for entertainment.

In 24, it's discussed about how to cut down on aggressive panhandling. In the article it talked to this guy who can make $400 in one day and lives in a nice downtown apartment. I don't know if you have seen these signs that said: "Don't give money to panhandlers. Instead donate to homeless charities like Hope Mission."

I'm getting a flashback of the days when I used to watch Maury's "Crazy things caught on tape" episodes. There is a woman holding up a sign that said: "Will work 4 food" and then the camera follows her to her Mercedes.

I was reading the Metro today and it said this: "According to Canadian law, bankruptcy is the act of legally declaring that you are unable to pay your creditors. When someone declares bankruptcy, a trustee appointed by the court oversees the bankruptcy process. This trustee acts as a negotiator on behalf of the person declaring bankruptcy and the creditor to try and ensure that both interests are looked after."

Funny: Over the weekend I was reading a restaurant review in the Journal. They reviewed the restaurant in Holt Renfrew.

Me: I didn't know there was a restaurant in Holt Renfrew.
Sister: I told you to stop talking to me!

Cut to later in the morning we were at the bus stop. I pull out my pen an agenda and try to write something down, but my pen wouldn't work.

S: Of course it's not working, it's too cold.
Me: I told you to stop talking to me!

Vampires: In 2003, there was a small aritcle in the National Post. It was in Malawi. I clipped the article out to help inspire me to write. The headline was this: "Journalist released after interview about vampire attack." The article:

"Blantyre- A Malawi court ordered the release yesterday of a journalist charged with causing public alarm after he interviewed a man who claimed his village was visited by blood- sucking vampires. Vampire rumours are rife, apparently linked to beliefs the government is working with international organizations to extract blood from the poor in return for food."

In 2001, I read this interview with a real- life vampire hunter named Sean Manchester. I found it while looking up Buffy the Vampire Slayer. That interview totally inspired me to write the script called Unreal. It was about three teenagers Zoe, Keram, and Ben who encounter these vampires at a party and hunt them down. Zoe was an intern at the police station and was suspicious of these neck rupture cases.

That police internship was inspired from the old TV show called The Mystery Files of Shelby Woo. I watched that show when I was 14 years old. It's not until I was 18 years old did I realize that it was unrealistic to hire a high school student to be an intern at a police station. When I was applying to NAIT's TV program, I was trying to get an internship at a TV station.

I was told by the TV station that they only hire college students, not high school students. I feel like Shelby would only get that internship if she had a family member or friend to get that for her, or she must have a really good resume and cover letter. Maybe if she was already accepted into the MacEwan Police Program, then she would be an intern.

Writing: Yesterday I was ripping out old pages from my school agenda and saw that I had written some Creative Writing assignments in it, so I decided to type it up onto my blog.

Jan. 28: This new vampire script is called The Hunter. I would have Michael Trucco star as the lead.

Good: Today I was watching Lie to Me about a guy who is like a human lie detector. I saw the credits and David Anders was going to guest- star. I squealed with excitement. DA played Sark on Alias. I still have pics of him up in my room since I bought that Alias magazine in 2004. I then saw him on Heroes. In both roles he had a British accent. In this episode, he didn't have one and talked in his normal voice. He also had very short hair, almost shaved. I like it when his hair isn't so short.

This show Lie to Me is very good. A character crosses his arm, and steps back which means he's lying. Cut to a film video Richard Nixon who says he's "not a crook" and does the exact same action. A woman is lying, and her lips are turned down. Cut to pictures of Bill Clinton and Anna Nicole Smith with the same facial expression.

This show is informative. You should watch it.

Jan. 29 Joke: I read in the 24 newspaper poll that 95% of people never done speed dating before. That reminds me of The Simpsons where Marge experiences amnesia and doesn't remember falling in love with Homer. M then goes to a speed dating event and asks the woman in charge a question.

M: Is this how you met your husband?
Woman: No, I met him through friends like what normal people do.
lol. I would like to do speed dating. I've already done online dating.

Job: The question is: "Are you sick of your job yet Tracy?" When I got the job at the bank, I was working 32 hours a week for 2 months. Then I only worked at the Soup place once a week for a month. I've been working 48 hours a week for the past 5 months. I need to get sick of my job so I could really look hard for another job. Tomorrow I shall look for that administrative job.

Jan. 30: Today I passed out 10 resumes to: Paul Travel, Bank of Montreal, Dynalife (I learned about it reading Job Classified) Delta Centre Suite Hotel, and Guest Services at City Centre, the Sutton Place Hotel, and HSBC. Throw in Thomas Cook Foreign Exchange, World Health Club, and CBC Radio for the position of television writer. This month in total I passed out 24 resumes.I don't feel like I'm really pulling out all the stops to get a job. When I was looking for a job that landed me at the Soup place, I passed out 21 resumes in one day.

I pulled out all the stops to get a job at a bank the first time around. However, I think I'm blacklisted from that bank and will never work there again. lol. It's a good thing I did try out the job at Urban Planet a few months ago. I will now steer away from working in retail, unless I really have to. I did stay away from passing out resumes to staffing agencies this time around.

20/20: There was a double shot of this show. The first one was about dating. There is this scientist who studies love. When you're in love, dopamine and serotonin are produced into your brain. Did you know arranged marriages have a 5-7% divorce rate? In America it's 50%.

Then they profiled four couples who met a singles mixer. The scientist wrote a book called Why Him? Why Her? It's about why we fall in love with certain people. We watch them go on dates. It was kind of like watching Blind Date, but not trashy without funny subtitles. It's actually informative as the scientist and host analyze it. They see body language like how a woman is tossing her hair as a sign that she is flirting with the guy.

Dream: Last night I had a dream that my mom took a message about some TV production company calling me. Some interest in The Fighter, but they mentioned Underworld Evolution so in my dream it was mixed with The Hunter. It's been two weeks since I pitched and sent my script to Media Masters. I should email them to see if they read it yet.

1 comment:

Alex daina said...

To which you have to make sure to include the first $100 that you acquired.
Cash Advances corona