Tuesday, January 6, 2009

blog/ Desmond Harrington/ fun

Jan. 4 Blog: Blogging about my blog. Yesterday I put my Short Fiction Forms assignments on the blog to show my work.

I read on Globe and Mail Business section with the headline: "Got bad news? Blog about it, fast" In the story it said about blogging about layoffs: "'Today, whatever you say inside of a company will end up on a blog,' said Rusty Rueff, a former human resources executive at Electronic Arts Inc. and PepsiCo Inc. 'So you have choice as a company- you can either be proactive... or you can let someone else write the story for you."

Rant: I have mild annoyances. I called Rogers Video to see if they have Flash Gordon on dvd, but they said they don't have it at that location. I would have to call every location to see if they have the dvds. I might as well throw in that Tyra episode about prostitution was mediocore. I had written earlier that "I have to watch it." It did not meet to my expectations.

Funny: This was unintentionally funny. I see on twop.com that there is a show called Law and Order: Trial by Jury. I have never heard of it so I looked it up on the internet and see that it was on for one season back in 2005. I laughed because it's like: "Ha ha, you are not successful like the original L&O which has been here since 1990 and on it's 19th season. L&O: SVU is on it's 10th season. L&O: CI is on it's 8th season."

I was reading old posts of my blog, and I see that Canterbury's Law got cancelled after one season. When there are too many lawyer and police procedural shows on TV, they will get cancelled. As for CSI, it's on their 9th season, CSI: Miami is on their 7th season, CSI: NY is on their 5th season.

I remember watching Dragnet. It's where I first saw Eva Longoria Parker before Desperate Housewives. I really watched it for the actors Ethan Embry and Desmond Harrington. Dick Wolf who created L&O, also made Dragnet and it got cancelled after two seasons. The first season had 12 eps, and the second season had 10 eps. Now I'm getting all these flashbacks of old shows. DW also made Conviction, which was a spinoff from SVU that only lasted one season. There was another law show called Close to Home that lasted two seasons.

News: The economy is bad. The only ones that are successful are grocery stores because everybody needs to eat. I read in the Globe and Mail Business section that says Wal- Mart, the world's largest retailer is safe because their stuff is cheap.

Jan. 5: Did you know there is such thing as the Canadian Blog Awards? I learned about it today by reading the Metro. Here's the site: http://cdnba.wordpress.com/

Desmond Harrington: Yesterday I read that Desmond Harrington was on Gossip Girl. Today I actually saw him. I squealed when he appeared on screen. He does look like he's related to the character Bart Bass. Here's how Bart Bass looks like (the guy in the centre):
http://www.imdb.com/media/rm2721748480/nm0121559

Here's how Desmond Harrington looks like:
http://www.imdb.com/media/rm1440059904/nm0004993

It's been a long time since I've seen him in anything. I saw him in Ghost Ship, Wrong Turn, My First Mister, and Dragnet.

Fun: Today I was watching a little Law and Order: SVU, and then I change the channel and see that a star of the show Ice- T was on a show called Where you at Baby? It's really fun to watch him. They went behind the scenes of SVU, and it was during the taping where Michael Trucco guest- starred. I saw him sitting in the interrogation room.

Ice- T created a list of rules as an actor and how to succeed. First rule: "You act. Don't direct the scene." One of the rules is: "Don't assume people know who you are, or even care who you are once you tell them." Ice- T adds: "If you assume that someone knows you, and you are wrong, then you will be embarassed."

I remember reading in Cosmogirl 1999, they interviewed James Marsters (Spike on Buffy). JM said: "I was at a laundromat and I saw these three girls talking and looking at me. I thought: 'They must be Buffy fans, let me go over there and talk to them.' I start to say: 'Hi, I'm James' and stuff like that. It's not until 10 seconds in did I realize something is wrong. They don't mention anything about Buffy at all. One of the girls gave me this look and said: 'Uh, I'm like 13.' They thought I was hitting on them. I walked away." lol.

Another rule is: "The PA (Production Assistant) is your slave." It was crossed out.
Ice- T: A PA crossed that out as a joke. Yeah well, now he's fired.
Rule: "Do background checks on your actors."

Good: On twop.com, people are always dissing the show Secret Life of the American Teenager. Then I talked to my friend Angela, and she thinks the show is stupid too. It's a good thing I found this article through twop.com about another person thinking the show is bad. The comments that follow the article also diss the show so I'm happy that there are a lot of people who watch it because it's bad so that they can snark on it.

http://blog.zap2it.com/tvgal/2009/01/my-not-so-secre.html

Here's another article dissing the show:
http://www.bostonherald.com/entertainment/television/reviews/view/2008_01_05_Bestkept_%E2%80%98Secret_:_%E2%8098American_Teenager__is_stupid_and_inadvertently_funny

Here's an interesting article about the show, and how TV and some other factors correlates
with teen pregnancy.
http://www.getreligion.org/?p=5508

Jan. 6 Woolsworth: Woolsworth is a department store that opened in England back in 1909, making it a 100 years old. They closed down today and laid off 27 000 people. There used to be a Woolsworth in the US, but that closed down in 1997. I remember looking at a teen magazine in the late 90s, and I saw a picture of a girl holding a Woolsworth cart. I was like: "What's Woolsworth?"

I remember that time when Eatons closed down back in 1999. I remember talking on the phone with my friend Heather about it.

H: Those customers who shop there now, are like vultures going in after the lions killed the gazelle. When Eatons was open, no one shopped there. Now that they're closing, that's when shoppers come.
Me: I blame the competition. Look at what they have to compete with like Sears, the Bay, Zellers, and Wal- Mart.

Of course, the most recent store that closed down was Music World.

No comments: