Wednesday, January 14, 2009

good/ writing/ resolutions

good/ writing/ resolutions

Jan. 10 Good: Today my old manager Amy from Clothing Store #4 dropped by my job, and she told me that I still have to pick up my paycheck. I thought it was direct deposit, but there was still a leftover paycheck. I'll add that to my income of 2008.

Another thing is, I got to leave a few min. early, and saw the last 20 min. of the TV show Flash Gordon. It stars Edmonton actor Eric Johnson (Whitney from Smallville). It's not on 5pm on Space anymore, it's now 6pm. I also want to add that Discovery cancelled A Haunting. Another show that I did quit, and with the show getting cancelled, it will ensure I will never watch it again. It's not bad, but I'm trying to cut down on TV.

Jan. 11 Job: The other week I started working on Sundays. I worked with Vivian for that one day. Next week, I then worked with Christine. This week I worked with Cameron's friend Steven. S wasn't even going to show up. No one told him that he was supposed to come today. I called S at 12pm when we opened, and he said he's coming. Then I call him at 1:30pm and he says he won't be coming because he's too tired from staying up all night.

Then I called Stella, and she called S to tell him to come to work. I was all by myself for the first two hours. At least it wasn't really busy.

If TV is my addiction, I think overdosed on Law & Order: Special Victims Unit. On Tues. I saw an episode called "Stranger" that aired earlier this season that I missed. Then on Wed., I watched the same episode called "Smut" twice. It starred Michael Trucco, so I had to watch it. Well I was on the computer for the scenes he wasn't in. Then on Sat. I had to watch another ep I missed called "PTSD." Then I went on twop.com and read people's comments on the episodes I saw this season.

Funny: In the "Smut" ep, MT says he's going to Bogata. For the four times I saw this ep, I never thought of where that place is until today.

Me: Do you know where Bogata is?
Patrick: It's the capital of Columbia.
I laughed at that. P knows that because he watches documentaries about drugs. Cocaine is big in Columbia.

Jan. 12 Good news: I graduated out of college, I just didn't know it. I thought I needed to get a C- in Proofreading and Copyediting, and I got a D. On Fri. I went to class and talked to my teacher Cheryl and asked: "Do you need to get a C- in this class to pass?" She didn't know, and told me to go and talk to the Program Head Joyce.

Today I talked to Joyce, and she said that I got a D which is a minimal pass. I got the credits. I can graduate and get my college diploma. The first person I told was actually my manager Stella when she asked me about school. Then I went home and told my dad, and then Patrick. Now I'm telling you guys.

My dad then told me to get a job. Retail and restaurants are as he calls it: "Garbage jobs. You throw it away, you can pick it back up again." Now it's time to apply for a bank job, or a administrative assistant job. Now that I got that revised resume from Angela, I can pass those out.

Writing: After work, I actually worked on my script and added to The Fighter. I was working on The Hunter for awhile. I emailed Glynis Fighter, back on Dec. 15. It's been almost a month, and she hasn't written back. If I'm going to email her again, it should be another draft to the script. I sent her the first draft which was 24 pages. Then I sent her a second draft which was 46 pages. I then sent her a 56 page script. If I'm going to email her the fourth time, it should be way longer than 56 pages.

Jan. 13: I went through Fighter, and did some editing. I then put it all onto one document to see how long it is. It was 59 pages. So basically I only wrote three pages in total since my last draft which was a month ago. I can defend myself. I was working 48 hours a week. I was working on this other script called The Hunter.

My dad told my mom that I did graduate. Now she is saying what my dad said: "Get a job." I also told my grandma when she asked if I'll be home for lunch. Okay, okay, I'll pass out my resumes and start looking for another job on Friday. That's my day off.

Jan. 14 The Listener: Some months ago I joined the Facebook group about the upcoming TV show called The Listener. It stars Craig Olejnik as a paramedic who can hear people's thoughts. The group emailed me and it turns out that Fox International Channels will debut the show in March. CTV will air it later in the year though. Damn, I have to wait. Well I have to learn to delay gratification.

Today I talked to my manager and asked for a raise. I got a 25 cent raise. It was because my co-worker Lorraine told me that I should ask for one because I started opening on Sundays. She told me when Maygen started doing that, she got a raise.

I emailed Glynis who helped me with my script. I attached the 4th draft and my ideas. It's been a month, I might as well email her.

Feelings:
 I don't know, maybe me graduating out of college hasn't really sunk in yet. For the past 8 months, I thought I needed to do that one class to graduate. Now that I don't, I still have that feeling. It reminds me of the movie Mr. 3000. It's where Bernie Mac's character is a baseball player, and it turns out there are 3 hits that don't count so he may really be Mr. 2997. I need to read some inspirational quotes to make me happy, instead of making me achieve my goals. Well I still need those quotes as I look for another job. The economy is bad.

Resolutions: My New Year Resolutions are always the same like: Save money. I want to buy myself an ipod as a graduation gift, but that would be like breaking my resolution. I can still listen to my cds, radio, and the internet. I want to rent the remaining Dexter season 2 episodes, but I'm trying to save money, and cut down on TV.

On my day off I have to do something productive and look for another job instead of stay home and watch dvds. Everyday I get off work and watch TV and go on the internet.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a great site, It is honest to goodness nature of preparing isn't similar and change with the distinction in the spending plan. Regardless, world's best organization organizations are up http://www.englishgrammarcheck.org/use-english-syntax-checker-for-creating-well-formed-sentences/ now available in an understudy's money related arrangement and he can enroll it by visiting the straightforward site.

Anonymous said...

Good site, This detail is looking so minor at any rate it is flooding with fascinating. This more info here is so charming and makes different redirecting comments to offer their things.

explore the details said...

I have the one like this. But yours is so good and the best one is the part of this post. I read this full and enjoy this so much. Very well written by the owner. thanks for this one.

mitchelle Cook said...

Writing can take you in such level so we need to look at this site https://www.paraphraseservice.org/our-paraphrasing-services/apa-paraphrasing/ where many services are working for people.

Anonymous said...

Good writing can be a dream but yes it is possible. We can plan writing by some expert's help or by follow the link. This is so simple to attain and also authenticly.