Saturday, January 3, 2009

Short Fiction Forms entries 3, 4

Entry 3 Sept. 14, 2007

John is Gone

I met John last year in October. He went to school and worked full time. I was a full time student too, so we only saw each other once or twice a month. We always called and emailed each other. We were dating until the last time I saw him was in May. It wasn’t until the end of June; I spoke to him for the last time. The last conversation we had was short. John says, “My parents are taking me to Mexico, Medicine Hat and Banff for a few weeks.” I asked, “So you don’t want me to call you because of the long distance charges?” “No, my phone expires at midnight. You can leave a message, but I can’t access it,” he answered. “But we’ll keep in touch,” he promised before we hung up.

July passed and I haven’t seen or heard from him at all. I then called his work which was a Chinese restaurant. I talked to a girl who worked there and she gave me his expired cell phone number. She explained, “Well his father called and said he was going to sue us. The area code was not from Edmonton.”

Now it’s September and I called his school asking if he was still attending. I created a story about how I found his school ID and wanted to return it to him. The secretary told me to give it to security. I then wrote a letter addressed to him and send it to his school. A week has passed and there is still no reply.

I view my options. I could post fliers at his school asking if anyone has seen him, go to a private detective and go to a psychic. I called a private investigation company and they said they don’t do locates. I emailed this other company and they said they do profiling. Until then, I will wait for him

Entry 4 Sept. 14, 2007

Micro-stories

Boz was a bad boy
He gets into fights and sell drugs
He threatens Corrine with physical violence
She punches him out
Boz gets a legit job as a waiter

Corrine was often serious
Studies and works
Doesn’t go out
She watches Comedy Network and it makes her laugh
She makes it her mission to make people laugh

Julie wants to save the world
She works and donates money to charity
She joins Unicef
And travels the world

Garret wants to learn how to dance
Too shy to take lessons
He goes to a club and a hot song comes on
He gets up and grooves

No comments: