Monday, January 26, 2009

"Little Red Riding Hood" alternate ending short story

"Little Red Riding Hood" alternate ending short story (Creative Writing 2006)

Little Red Riding Hood enters the cabin. "Grandma? Are you there?" called Amber. "Over here dear. I'm in bed," calls Grandma.

Amber enters her grandma's room and sees a wolf in sheep's clothing. She decides to keep playing along. Amber asks, "So uh... where are your contact lenses?" "I didn't feel like putting them on today," answers Wolf. "You seem to remember putting on your dentures," replies Amber. "I certainly did," says
Wolf.

Wolf jumps out at Amber.
Amber was fast and jumped back.
Amber wasn't fast enough and Wolf clawed her red hoodie off her.
Wolf: You want to play rough eh?
Amber kicks Wolf's neck.
Amber: Shut up.

Wolf chases after Amber through the house.
They stop at the kitchen.
Wolf: I'm hungry.
Amber: So am I.

Amber lunges for the kitchen knives and Wolf paws it away from her.
Wolf hits Ambers face with his paw.
Amber was seeing stars.
Amber crawls to the living room where she saw her grandma's remains. She had been knitting when the wolf attacked her.

Amber was on her back as Wolf climbed on top of her.
Wolf smells her. Then licks her face.
Wolf: You will be my dessert. I know you're going to taste sweet.
As Wolf leans in to bite her, Amber plunges a knitting needle into his eye.
The Wolf howled in pain.

Amber kicks Wolf off her.
Amber grabs a knife and plunges it into the wolf's heart.
Amber: That was for my grandma. And this one's for me.
Amber cuts his throat.

No comments: