Thursday, October 2, 2008

questions/ job

Sept. 28 Questions: I found this on yahoo a year or so ago. There were all these deep, thought- provoking questions. I answered a few, but now I shall answer all. I did email you these questions the first time I found them, but no one answered it. Or you did, but didn't send it back which is fine.

If someone gave you $10 million with no strings attached, what would you do with it?

I would save it and put it in my bank account. I would put some of the money to produce my TV show.

If you could sit down to lunch with any 3 people (living or dead), who would they be?

James Dean, Kyle Riabko and Eric Johnson (Whitney from Smallville ) for me. Well I also already met Kyle Riabko twice, so I'll put David Anders (Sark from Alias) instead.

Let's play a word game: I'll throw out a phrase, and you finish it with whatever comes to your mind. The phrase I want you to finish is, "My dream in life is to..."

Produce my TV show.

Let's continue the game: The phrase I want you to finish is, "My mission in life is to..."

Produce my TV show and entertain people.

What values do you hold most deeply?

Family, friends, hard work, ethics.

What are the most important things in life?

Family, friends, a job that you like and are good at.

What does happiness mean to you?

Achieving your dream. Enjoying and being grateful for what you have.

What would it take to make you happy?

Watching TV and being entertained.

What are some of the traditions/rituals practiced in your family?

Celebrating birthdays by going out to dinner together, celebrating Christmas by decorating the tree and the house.

What event (negative or positive) was a turning point in your life or taught you something you didn't know about yourself?

In the middle of high school I was slacking off and didn't believe that I could achieve anything. I then buckled down, worked hard and managed to pass all my classes.

Who are your mentors or role models?

My parents, my family. I would like to say Ann M. Martin, she's the author of The Baby- Sitter's Club. I loved reading her books, and it made me love reading. Then it turned me to writing and I learned a lot from her books.

If you only had 6 months to live, what would you do?

Go to Las Vegas and party. Spend as much time with my family and friends. I would probably try really hard to get that TV show produced. After the show ends, it will then say: "In Loving Memory of Tracy Au" which TV shows do. Now that sounds morbid, so let's move on.

Where did the human race come from?

Monkeys evolving.

What is the meaning of life?

To enjoy life and appreciate everything you have though it may not be much.

Sept. 29 Blog: I got this idea for my blog. I am going to post those old emails that I saved in my draft account and put them on my blog. It has stuff about me meeting Kyle Riabko. I'm going to put up all this stuff about how I met, and emailed celebrities. I'm sure more people will read my blog if I mention celebs. People always google celebs, and their names will appear on my blog, and people will read it.

Job info: I went and emailed Burnewood Physical Therapy because I saw the job at Job Bank back in May. They never contacted me. I then emailed them again yesterday. They emailed me back and gave me their number. I put it in google and I got this.

Contact:
(780) 463-5757
Address :
608 Westmount Center NW Edmonton, AB , T5M3L7

Their office is way too far away from me. I won't be calling them again. However, this does remind me of the offices that are close to me and I can be an administrative assistant there. If any of you are interested, Burnewood Physical Therapy is hiring.

Sept. 30 Job: Today at work, my manager Steven recognized me as a hardworker and told me that I was one. I got my paycheck today. Afterwards I went out to dinner with my family to celebrate my grandma's 74th bday. I met the new girl Jennifer and she's 16. She's working, and doing school by correspondence.

What was interesting was that the bank mailed me a letter. They said that since I resigned, they need me to do a 5min survey and send it in this self- addressed stamped envelope. I did it and will send it tomorrow. I have quit a lot of jobs before, but they have never sent me a survey to explain why I quit. I gave them a good rating, and told them I was poor at the job.

Trend Research called me yesterday. I emailed them my resume a few days ago. They told me they had did a big hire, and they'll keep my resume on my file for the next 6 months. Damn. I should have taken that job back in summer 2007, instead I went to Malatest because it was closer and paid better. Then they fired me after one day saying I needed more training then the other people.

I called TR after Malatest, and they hired someone else. Then this summer I gave them my resume in May. I emailed them my resume a few days ago. Time to set my sights elsewhere. I set my sights at City Centre so many times. Who knows? Maybe when I did get the job at TR, I still would have quit really soon.

I picked up an application at Starbucks today. Last summer I applied there. I don't remember on the application last summer, but I looked at it today. The references list says they need 3 references that you know for at least one year. I only have one reference for that long. Looks like I won't be applying there, but then again I didn't really want the job there that bad.

Review: Today I finally checked out the new show called The Mentalist about a psyhic guy who helps the police solve crimes. It's very good.

Oct. 1 Coincidence: Last night I was watching Law and Order: SVU and there was this guy who looked really familiar to me, but I couldn't figure out from where. Then I realized it was LJ from Prison Break halfway into the ep. Then I checked out The Mentalist, and the actress Robin Tunney looked really familiar, but I don't know where. An hr after the show was over, I realized she was Veronica on Prison Break.

I gave my resume to Carlton Cards and Urban today. I decided that I will apply at Starbucks to see that though I may not have 3 references I've known for at least a yr, will they still grant me an interview if I said that I'm willing to work overtime?

No comments: