Monday, October 20, 2008

Date (Oct. 20, 2006)

Here is an email of a date I went on back in Oct. 20, 2006. It was exactly 2 years ago to this day.

So a few weeks ago I was emailing this guy named J. I asked him if he wanted to see the Grudge 2 and he said yes. He's from Medicine Hat and he's new in town so I suggested we meet up at City Centre or West Ed and he doesn't know how to get there. So then I emailed him directions on how to get to City Hall and he told me they were the best directions he ever gotten.

On Sunday we were supposed to meet, but then he emailed me 3hrs prior to it and he said he couldn't make it because his unit got broken into and a bunch of his stuff was stolen. He then gave me his phone number and said, "If you're mad, you can call and yell at me." I emailed him saying that it's okay. Then I decided to call him and leave a message that I got his email. Or if he does pick up, I'm going to say: "Hi, may I speak to J? Hi, I'm Tracy."

Instead he picks up in the middle of the 3rd ring and the first thing he says is "Tracy is that you?" I'm like "Yes." Then he goes on and apologizes. So then we met today. I was at the Stanley A Miller library and I was walking towards City Hall. I was a block away from it. I see this figure in a black jacket walk towards the building and we were supposed to meet at the fountain. I didn't think it was him even though he said he would be wearing a black jacket.

So I stood by the fountain and I see this black figure come towards me and he is making a motion with his scarf. I was like, "J?" The guy calls, "No, it's Albert!"
Me: I'm sorry.
Guy: I'm kidding, it is J!

Then we went into City Centre and we used my coupons at Taco Bell. We sat down and talked about tv shows that I hate, but I didn't get an urge to watch it or get my blood pressure raised. lol.

Me: The first 2 seasons of Dr Phil were good. It's not until the 3rd one that I started to get angry. My friend Leslie said, "Do you know why you get so angry at this show? Because you take it too personal."
J laughed. Then he said he used to watch Maury for the paternity tests (my favorite). Now he doesn't have a tv to save money.

He also worked at a $1 store too called "A Buck or Two." I told him that there were a lot of shoplifters and I got paid $7.25. He said he got paid $7 and no one told him about the shoplifters. He said a lot of stuff went missing and there were no cameras.

Then we talked about school and he's in 3rd yr education at the U of A. Later as we were walking in the mall:

J: Are you afraid of flying?
Me: No.
J: What's your worst fear?
Me: I don't want to sound morbid, but getting murdered. Which do you prefer? Getting shot or stabbed?
J: Shot.
Me: Why?
J: Because it's faster.
Me: I would get shot too. Getting stabbed is more personal because someone has to stand close to you.
J: Oooh, personal.

Then he told me about a book that said, "The way you're afraid of dying will never happen, but the thing you least expect will happen." (Paraphrasing).

Then we talked about movies at HMV. He likes Mark Wahlberg's character in Four Brothers and I say I like Garrett Hedlund in it. We checked out the art in Home Outfitters and the stuff at the Bay. Then we sat down on a couch and talked. Then we went upstairs to the movie theater and as we were talking in our seats, he is like me with the quoting from tv shows like Simpsons, Futurama and Family Guy.

Me: I was on the internet and someone wrote about, "How come whenever there is a carchase scene in San Francisco, no matter what time of yr it is, there is always a Chinese New yr parade?" Immediately I thought of Futurama where they said, "What is this? The yr of the Jerk?"
John lol.
Me: One time my sister said to my brother, "If it wasn't for me, you'd still be wearing sweat pants." Then I'm like, "I used to wear sweatpants up until I was in gr. 9. I also wore suspenders too so people won't pull them down."
John: Where's that from?
Me: Street Cents.
J: My friends said that before, but I didn't know where it was from.

Me: One time my sister came home from work and she wasn't wearing a scarf. I'm like, "Where's your scarf?" She's like "Yeah well a scarf doesn't really go with this jacket." I'm like, "Yeah well a watch doesn't really go with this outfit."
J: That sounds familiar. But where is that from?
Me: Clueless.
J: Oh yeah.
Me: I didn't think you would have saw that because it's a girl movie.

At HMV, he had picked up The Simpsons dvd.

Me: I have a friend named Leslie Simpson.
J: I wish my name was Simpson.

He has also seen the show Dinosaurs. I told him that yesterday they played the Simpsons ep where they make fun of that show in the beginning. It was the ep where Sideshow Bob marries Aunt Selma.

J: What did the baby always say? Bam bam? (Flinstones).
Me: No, "Not the mama."
J: Oh yeah.

Then he really liked the Grudge 2 and wanted to see the first one. You know there's going to be 3rd one with this open ending.

Me: Have you seen Saw?
J: Yeah. It was really gruesome.
Me: Did you see the 2nd one?
J: No.
Me: There's 1 every yr.

More facts about him: He's the oldest and has a little sister who's 2 yrs younger than him. His minor is physics. He has a tattoo on his back which says, "Learn Always" in Chinese. But then some Oriental guy told him it said, "Beautiful." Well I remember talking to this guy who had tattoos of Chinese characters on his arm and one character says 1 thing and then you put it next to another word and it says another. I told him that.

I told him I like Buffy, Angel and Dark Angel. He watched Dark Angel too and agreed that season 2 was bad. He likes Jessica Alba. Later I told him I liked James Dean.

It was so weird, at HMV we saw the JD dvds.

J: I've seen Rebel without a Cause twice.
Me: Do you remember that one scene where it sounded like that guy was hitting on JD?
J: Oh yeah.
Me (quoting from the movie): Hey, do you want to come home with me? Heck I'm not tired are you? No. Then just come over to my place.
J: First time I saw it, I didn't see that. But then the 2nd time I saw it with my friend, I totally saw that.
That's exactly what happened to me. I have to watch it the 2nd time to catch that.

He ended up buying a Beatles cd on sale. He admits that he likes Paris Hilton's "Stars are Blind." I like her dance tracks like "Turn You On."

What was funny was this. He got out of the theatre to use the washroom while I sat in the seat. Then this group of 7 kids from McNally (I saw a girl wear a hoodie with a tiger paw on it) sat 2 rows in front of me. Then J comes back.

J: I forgot where I sat. When I saw that huge group of people, I thought, "Wow, she (me) has gotten popular." Then I looked at the back of the heads, and I couldn't see which on was yours. I'm so stupid.

He called me "prolifiric" or "prolific" at the theatre after I quoted from those tv shows.

Me: That word means I have a good memory?
It does take a good memory to remember all this.
J: No, you look it up. No, I'll tell you what it means. It means you're amazing.

Then I checked it out on dictionary.com and "prolifiric" doesn't exist. "Prolific" is:
1.
producing offspring, young, fruit, etc., abundantly; highly fruitful: a prolific pear tree.
2.
producing in large quantities or with great frequency; highly productive: a prolific writer.
3.
profusely productive or fruitful (often fol. by in or of): a bequest prolific of litigations.
4.
characterized by abundant production: a prolific year for tomatoes.
adj 1: intellectually productive; "a prolific writer"; "a fecund imagination" [syn: fecund, fertile] 2: bearing in abundance especially offspring; "flying foxes are extremely prolific"; "a prolific pear tree" [syn: fertile]

I think he meant the latter.

Well that's my great night and obligatory 2nd email of the week. Also Grudge 2 was a great movie and you should all watch it.

No comments: