Wednesday, October 8, 2008

job/ writing/ review

Oct. 4 Job: Today I went to work and on my break I gave my resume to the 2 Shoppers Drug Mart at the mall. I gave it to the downstairs one, and the manager said he already did "a big hire." That's exactly what Trend Research said. SDM manager said that he hired 6 people for the Christmas season and it's only October. He'll keep my application.

When things get discouraging, I come home and it turns out Starbucks called me and I passed my application to them last week. There is a huge sign that says they are hiring, flexible shifts, and benefits. I would like to see what they mean by benefits. I want to try out this job. Last summer I applied and they never hired me or even called me.

Writing: I was watching Gossip Girl, and the character Dan says: "I'm following the advice of write what you know." I have the book called The Writer's Block by Jason Rekulak to help defeat writer's block. Don't write about what you know. Learn something new, and then write about it. Dan's mentor then tells him that and to experience something new and write about it. The author Anthony Horowitz who write the young adult book series about Alex Rider, he says to: "Try something new, do something and then write about it. If you sit at home in the dark, then you are only going to write about sitting at home in the dark."

I write about stuff that I haven't personally gone through. I have never been in fights at a bar, underground parking lot, party, dance club, etc. I would certainly like to watch it on TV. I like to watch action and fight scenes. I remember as a kid when I was 14yrs old, I write about stuff that would be cool like being in a rock band. In fact the TV show about the rock band Obliteration, that was the spinoff from the TV show Outlier. It's one of the characters who was in a rock band in high school, then they got famous and this is what happens.

It wasn't very good if there are only 3 script ideas, and none of them were completed. The other writing tip is to have multiple projects going on. If you hit writer's block on one story, skip it and go to the next. When you hit writer's block again, go to another story. That's probably the other reason why Obliteration never really got written besides it not being good. I also lost interest.

Job search: The last job search I applied to at least 110 places of banks, call centres, stores, and staffing agencies. This time I'm cutting out those staffing agencies from my search.

Oct. 5 Review: Good news. Last month when I went to my friend Heather's going- away party, the TV show A Haunting was no longer on Access. I was mad. Then last week Patrick was watching Discovery and I saw that A Haunting was on at 9pm on Sat. I was so happy. Last night I watched it. I did guide on my TV and at noon Discovery shows one ep, and at 9pm they show another. I read the descriptions, and it looked like 2 different eps. However, when it was 9pm, it was the same ep as the one at noon.

Once again, it's about a family who moves into a haunted house, and then they later call ghost hunters to investigate. This time it's a little different because the ghost hunters are all Wiccans, or witches. They help the ghosts cross to other plane. When the family moved in, they did all the renovations which supposedly woke up all the spirits. There were all these pictures and articles that were found stuck on a ceiling. What was different about this ep was that the family didn't move out.

I did catch this one actress who played one of the Wiccans, she was on this show before in an ep where she played a friend of a guy who moved into a haunted house. I'll add that to the time I saw them use the same basement setting in 2 different episodes. Proof that the show is low budget, but I still like watching it.

Blog: Today I was inspired by watching Desperate Housewives. Lynette finds out that her son likes poetry and puts it on his social networking site. I was like: "Hey, I could put up poetry on my blog to get more people to read it!" So I did.

Oct. 6: I didn't want to jinx it, but I think the new workers Lisa, Jennifer, and Beatrice will be here for a long time. There is proof today. L told me that she had worked at Treats in Commerce place, and the boss was a total jerk.

Me: I'll go get a job at that Treats, and then I will bring the place down by putting salt instead of sugar in the food.
L: Ew. There was this other Treats that offered me a job, but I'm going to stay here.

Oct. 7 Good news: Well another producer read my script, and she rejected it. However, she gave me some really helpful tips. She told me most scripts are 90 pages long, and this was 24 pages so it was more of an outline. She gave me good tips on the entire script. I did like what she said about this one:

"Shawn is, for the most part, very broad. Perhaps the best scene in the script is the one in which Shawn and Mia trade pick up lines. The scene isn’t about the actual words but about the action between the two of them. They’re flirting. It reveals character. It moves the story forward by building the relationship between the two in a unique and interesting manner."

The thing is, I'm afraid if I touch the script and rewrite it, then I will eventually end up deleting the entire thing. That happens all the time in the past years I have been writing scripts. I rewrite, and progressively end up deleting the whole thing. Fine, I will keep the original 24 page script on that one disk and won't touch it.

I will then rewrite it on another disk. If it ends up getting deleted, at least I will still have the other copy of it.

I have a lot to work on. Last night I did do some writing.

Oct. 8: I told my co-workers Jennifer and Cameron about the TV show Dateline: To Catch a Predator. They haven't heard about it before. Jen did say that she doesn't talk to people on the internet that she doesn't know, so that's a good safety precaution.

5 comments:

Mether said...

There is the Tracy's blog where you can find the best theme of the life here. You can also find the previous posts from this zone and can learn more here with the best phase of the life. You can really find the best reviews here.

stoya riley said...

It's inside strolling separation of a ton of the extraordinary sights in downtown Seattle while being somewhat less touristy than sitting tight for an hour in line at the leader Starbucks found a square finished. It has a wonderful nostalgic quality because of the two its clandestine area and its stylistic layout. You must visit the site because it helped to make the content user and search Engine friendly.

Sectary said...

Trends must be changed because these can explore the details in your text and can make the contents more profitable for all of us.

Robinsheen said...

These have a marvelous nostalgic high-quality due to their a few the nation's clandestine community and the stylistic theme. You have look here the blog so it given a hand to to help make this owner and even search engine optimization hospitable.

William Leeson said...

These kind of have a very outstanding nostalgic high-quality this can a number of the country's clandestine area plus the stylistic design. You've got search on this page your blog in order that it granted a new side for you to which will make this specific seller and in many cases google search.