Tuesday, October 28, 2008

ethics/ final report/ projects

Oct. 25 Ethics: At work, Cameron's friend Steven asked if I could buy a video game for him. It was Fable 2 and it's rated M for Mature. S gives me the money.

Me (to Cameron): And you can't share with him?
S: He's obssessed with it.
C: I'm not obsessed with it.
I buy the game for S and he thanks me.

As I buy it, the cashier warned me about the game. I then asked C about it.
Me: The cashier said that there was alcohol in it.
C: It's the characters putting a bottle to their mouths. They can work as bartenders.
Me: What about the sexual content?
C: I can explain it. The screen is black, but you can hear these sounds.
Me: How did you buy it?
C: My grandma bought it for me.

Well buying a Mature game for someone underage wasn't that unethical after all.

Oct. 26 Final Report: I got the National Geographic channel until Oct. 31. There is this TV show called Final Report about old events and it discusses the questions and answers to why things happened. They covered about this group of white cops who beat up a black man. There was footage and they showed it on the news multiple times. It turns out the footage was edited. Prior to the cops beating him up, the suspect did attack them and threw four officers.

The jury saw the entire footage and claimed the cops were not guilty. This sent the Los Angeles city in a rage. This occured in the early 90s. There was this huge mob, and the cops decided to protect the police station and wait until the army could come with weapons to patrol the city. The mob started ransacking and vandalizing places. They took it out on Koreatown because the Asians and the African- Americans don't get along.

The buildings that weren't vandalized has been spray- painted "Black owned." The Koreans did have guns on them and showed them so they won't get vandalized. However, there were so many fires that occured, that millions of dollars of buildings were destroyed and
30, 000 people lost their jobs because the places they worked at, no longer existed. The stupidity.

If you were to burn down buildings, burn down abandoned buildings where people don't work on live in. Or how about those adult stores. There are lots by the MacEwan Arts Campus. I'll admit I would love to see all those adult stores close down, but I'm not going to do anything about it.

Job search: Today I applied at the Eddie Bauer, Shoppers Drug Mart, and McDonalds in Kingsway with my resumes and job applications. There's a discount bookstore by where Adecco used to be. I went there to give them my resume, but the old guy there said that they aren't hiring. There are only 3 people who work there. I then went to the Wee Book Inn and tried to sell them an individual comic book. The sales guy said no.

I also saw a sign that said their old cat who lives there has passed away in Sept. I went to Sobeys and gave them my resume. The advertisement for McDonalds is that they take care of their employees. Well earlier this week I called the doctor so I could get an ointment. Last year I had this rash on my left ring finger. I then went to the doctor and got ointment to put on it. Now I have a rash on my right index finger and I used the ointment.

Now I ran out. I scheduled a dr. appointment and then I told Stella that I will have to leave work early. She then gives me Polysporin and a band aid. She gave me an old tube of it with some of it inside it. Now my finger is healed. The Soup place takes care of their employees.

Halloween: Last night I saw It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown and Garfield's Halloween. Today I saw The Curse of Degrassi. The latter did have potential. Rick who did a school shooting and shot Jimmy who is now paralyzed in a wheelchair. Three years after Rick died, he came and possessed the character Holly J. Some of the students are there to prep up for the Halloween dance and Holly J is terrorizing and hurting the students there.

If it was a movie, I could see it having the potential to be really good. This is a mediocore episode. It's a high school show trying to be a scary movie. It was kind of mixing genres in a way.

Oct. 27: I told Jennifer at work about that time my health teacher Miss Johnston told the class about a girl who's in a religion who isn't allowed to talk to boys. I asked her: "What do you think her race is?" Jen said "Hindu?" I asked Cameron the same question and he didn't have any idea whatsoever. It looks like I, my cousin Joyce, Jennifer, my friend Sonia, my brother Patrick, all thought she was East Indian. My friend Sherri said she must be black. My friends Angela and Sarah thought she could be white or East Indian.

Fun: I was on twop.com and was reading comments about Boy Meets World. Someone found the actor Rider Strong's myspace page: http://www.myspace.com/riderkingstrong

He's kind of like me. He has a high school diploma, and now he's on his 3rd major. Well he went to college in LA to major in philosophy and minor in English from 1997- 2000. Then he went to Columbia University in NYC in 2000-2004. He graduated in the major of English. Now he's in college in Vermont studying fiction since 2007.

Dream: Last night I had a dream that made me want to do some things. John told me about a guy who was a jerk, I had told him this solution. I was thinking about it again, and then I dreamt about it. I then woke up and emailed him about my solution. I called John and he told me the problem has already been solved before he put my action into plan.

In the dream I was yelling and dissing the jerk and he argued back and started taking it. I realized in the dream, I was happy to be yelling at him and arguing him. It's like I want to be angry and start a fight. In the dream I was also at West Ed mall. I've been wanting to go there for awhile so I will pass out my resumes there in my passive job search.

Oct. 28 Projects: Today I submitted my charity article to edmontonletters@metronews.ca I wrote that article for Writing for the Ear class, I put that on my blog, I submitted it to my MacEwan newspaper, and now I'm submitting it to a newspaper.

Job: You know what's interesting? I am going to be at the Soup place for 6 months in Nov. and I'm not bored by my job. I still like making sandwiches, and serving soup. I got bored of Roots after three months, but kept working there for another two months. I've been thinking about working at Ipsos. After 7 months at Ipsos, the company closed down and laid us off. I feel like by the end of Dec., after 7 months, the Soup place will close down or I'll lose my job.

It's irrational I know. I liked working at Ipsos, and I like working at the Soup place and I'm comparing the two experiences together.

I also want to add about Final Report. If there was a angry mob, I wouldn't want them to burn down staffing agencies. I have said before that staffing agencies are bad, but they do provide people with jobs.

No comments: