Friday, October 24, 2008

movie/ defense/ funny

FRIDAY, OCTOBER 24, 2008

movie/ defense/ funny

Oct. 19 Movie: Last night I saw Aeon Flux on TV. It stars Charlize Theron. I know my friend Leslie has this in her dvd collection. I liked it. Finally a movie that we both like, so we can prove that Facebook is not totally correct. I liked the setting, it looked so futuristic since it takes place in 2400.

The story is that in 2011, 99% of the human population was killed by this disease. Now the remaining population lives in this gated community. The action was good. This movie came out in 2005. In 2006, the movie Ultra Violet came out and that movie reminded me of Aeon Flux. Both set in the future with the lead girl being an action hero. This movie had a great story.

It was creative. I don't want to spoil the story for you, but Aeon is Monican, a rebel. She has to go against the government because they are taking people and making them disappear. There is a very good reason for that. I recommend you watch this movie for the revelation.

Job search: I went to Capilano mall today. I haven't been there in months. I gave my resume and job applications to the Winners and Safeway there. There is this store in Capilano that sells all these nice antiques. It's run by volunteers. Well it looks I won't be working there since I won't be getting paid. I applied to Shoppers Drug Mart and Second Cup in the Capilano neighborhood. I also applied to the Shoppers Drug Mart that is across the street from where Leger once was.

Oct. 20 Job: Lorraine told me this, and Maygen told her that Byron either quit or got fired a few weeks ago. I've heard a lot of people say some bad stuff about him when I asked about because I was supposed to work with him for two Sundays. Looks like we got rid of some dead weight because this guy wasn't a good worker.

I feel like I was dead weight when I was working at the bank. I've also been thinking about how my sister has worked at the same job for 7 years. My friend Lorraine has worked at Grand and Toy for the same amount of time too. I know Kim has worked there too for at least 2 years.

The first thing I did today was I called Stats Canada to cancel my attendance on the test. Is it ironic that in summer 2007 I wanted that job, and then I kicked myself for not getting the required mark, not studying because I didn't know what was on test, and that I got distracted because I was hungry? Now it's fall 2008, and I realized that my revised resume got me this job and not because of a staffing agency which is good.

I don't want this job because the shifts end at 10:30pm or 11pm and I don't want to take the bus at that late at night in downtown. I know I won't do well on the test. I'm not good at math. I know my abilities. It's like the saying in The Matrix: "Know Thy Self." I'm not going to waste my time doing test because I won't get the required mark.

Oct. 21 Defense: You know how I said that I have cut down on TV and I didn't watch any Making the Band 4 this season? Yeah well a couple of weeks ago I was reading on Wikipedia on what happened that season. In the season finale, Diddy fired Aubrey and D. Woods from the girl group Danity Kane. I then watched the live season finale on MTV and the group, Day 26 (the guy group) and Donnie Klang, and Diddy all discussed it. I then went on twop.com to read people's comments about it.

When I watched Diddy fire Aubrey, I was shocked. The feeling was like when I got laid off from Ipsos. I was surprised when I got fired from Cafe #1. 

It's a good thing I only worked there for 3 days and didn't get attached to it and I had the job at the Asian Fast Food place and an interview at the Department Store.

 I was somewhat surprised when I got fired from Clothing Store #3. Dani did tell me that I was one of the 3 girls who could possibly get fired.

Oct. 22 Blog: My sister said that people actually read her blog, like 43 people subscribe to it, and it's not only her friends who read it. No one subscribes to my blog. S says that my emails are like spam. I only send 2 emails a week, that is not spam.

Yesterday at work it was really busy, we sold out on a lot of food. I work 48 hrs a week, that's like 2 full days a week. I remember back at Leger I worked 24 hrs a week for the month of July. That was like nothing compared to the Soup place. However, I really disliked working at Leger. I was also thinking about Roots. I worked there 24 hrs a week, but if you add the hr to get there, and an hr to get back home, that is like 48 hrs a week. However, I don't get paid for riding the bus.

Oct. 23 Projects: My sister says I should be doing projects in my spare time and I am. I always write my scripts. Yesterday I sent my script to a producer. I am also looking for another job to work during the holidays.

Rant: It's been a long time since I have ranted. Maygen at work said this on Facebook, but I would like to say this too: "If you don't need to use the elevator, then don't. Take the escalator." If you have a cart, a wheelchair, a baby stroller, have a cane, or really old, then take the elevator. Or if there aren't any escalators and the floor you want to take is the 15th floor, then that's when you take the elevator. If it's one or two floors in a shopping mall, then don't take the elevator.

Here's another thing that annoys me: The commercials advertising birth control pills like they are cool to teenage girls. For example Yasmin, Alesse and Tricyclen. In school last year, I learned that in Canada, you can't advertise drugs on TV and that's why they don't mention what it is. In the US, you can advertise drugs on TV.

I know teenagers have sex, and safety first. However, birth control pills commercials annoy me. Another thing that annoys me is the Rogers cell phone plan. It's those 5 teenagers and one says: "Aww, you put the 4 of us in your 10." I find it annoying, because they obviously reused this commercial, they've used it before in "Aww, you put the 4 of us in your 5."

Oct. 24 Funny: I went on twop.com and someone said this about my dislike for birth control commercials:

"What angers me is that birth control, in American commercials, is marketed primarily as a way to control your periods, rather than your reproduction. Which is why I love this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFr9RK1L5pI"

Another person: I love that video, even though the birth control commercials in it are very creepy. (By the way, I also love the Sarah Palin video on the same page.)

That video was so funny. You should all watch it.

No comments: