Monday, October 27, 2008

Date 2 Oct. 20, 2006

This is the 2nd date I went with J. Today I met J again at City hall. We were both there at 3:50 and were supposed to meet at 4pm. It was a really windy day and we waited inside city centre and I gave him the personality quiz "What looney toons character are you most like? And he got Tweety, like I did. Well Tweety is in the middle and when I took this in psych class, a lot of us got that. We both picked that the perfect date would be seeing a movie. He picked alternative as his favorite music while I chose pop. He picked comedy as his fav movie like I did. He picked teacher out of the jobs listed and I picked a police officer. If we had an hr to waste, we both watch tv. He picked sky blue as his fave color and I picked red. He was between pizza and pasta as his fave food, but he picked pasta and I was pizza. He picked Christmas as his fave holiday like I did. He was between Spain and Paris. He picked Paris. We both picked if you were to hang out with someone, we both hang out with someone who has fun all the time. We got mainly half and half. We talked about how our parents don't get Family Guy. Well my mom and my grandma didn't get the show. When we got to West Ed mall, I pointed out how someone spray painted "Shop for identity." Deep. J likes it. We went to Forever 21 and I introduced him to Chamnouer. They shake hands through this clothes rack. Then Cham dissed the store that it's not that great as J is saying how big it is. J also says the store was intense. He was surprised there was a skating rink there. He thought his eyes were playing tricks on him. We went to the lockers and it said you'll have to pay $6 to rent a locker, and J was like no way. J: I'll pay $450 for a leather jacket, but I won't pay $6 for this. Since we were at the food court, we ate. I went to Taco Bell and he went to Dim Sum. I told him I eat Chinese food everyday, so I'm not going to eat it if I have the choice not to. We went to PJ's pet centre and I told him when I applied there, they pay $7 something an hr. They ask what your fears and allergies are. We looked at the puppies and cats. We went upstairs and went into Lacoste. It must be new because I have never seen it before. He checked out another leather jacket. Then we went into Chinatown and walked through the frozen food. We go to the gift shop, but there's this bubble tea place and he has never had a bubble tea before. I told him there was this sort of bean they put in it. He bought one for me. This chocolate one I never had before, I had strawberry before. He picked the green jasmine tea. When we walked out of there. What was interesting was that since J never had this before, he was going to peel the plastic off the drink. Me: No, you're supposed to poke your straw through the plastic. J: Really? J: This kind of tastes like jasmine tea, with some expired milk. Me: So you're dissing it. J (laughs): No. "So you're dissing it." I kind of like the aftertaste. Later: J: Oh my god, what did I just suck in? Me: It's the bean. I told you about it. Then we went to Galaxyland. Before we entered. J: I don't mean to disrespect you, but I can't drink this anymore. I tried it and I didn't like it so I threw it out for him. We rode on the Swing of the Century. Then we got really dizzy. I was sort of dizzy, but there was more of an effect on J. We went to Sanrio. We went to Spencers because he was going to the Rocky horror picture show and he needed to dress us as a tranvestite. The girl at counter was scraping something off the counter. J: I need something for the rocky horror picture show. Girl: I've never seen it. Me: Fishnet stockings? Girl 2: We're sold out. Try San Francisco. We go there and it's packed. Later John ends up not buying anything because the line was really long. I was getting pretty claustrophobic so I was waiting outside. We walked to HMV and looked at some Beatles cds and tv shows and movies on dvds. J: You said you liked Dead Like Me. Me: I never really watched that show. Later we went to Zellers to get some lipstick for his costume. But it was $10 for it and he said he could borrow it from his girl friends. J: I wouldn't spend that much money on lipstick. If I was a prostitute I would. Me: Oh yeah that reminds me of the show Arrested Development. J: Oh that was the show you were telling me about. Me: Yeah there was this one scene on that show. Lawyer: I didn't finish preparing for that case. I was on a date. Cut to Lawyer driving up to a prostitute. L: Hi, you're not one of those silly men who dress up as women right? Prostitute: Oh no, I'm the real thing. L drives off. J: Oh, when you said "Oh that reminds me" it seems like you were going to say, "Oh that reminds me back when I was working on Jasper Ave." Me: One time my teacher back at nait was telling us how to prepare for our resumes. "You have to solicitate yourself. And not what they do on Whyte ave. Or wherever they do it now." Then this student Drew says "West End." The teacher was like, "I'll remember to drive by there next time." We went to Chapters and saw a book written by Brian from Family Guy. He loved looking at the Waterpark. I found out there was Roots afterall. It was just being renovated. It looks a lot better now. I also bumped into Robyn who worked there as I was quitting and joined Ipsos. She remembers me. So she worked there for 14 months now. We checked out Music World. Then we sat and rested. Then I mentioned Maury and asked if he watched Cheaters and he says no. He was fascinated by the crazy cases that come from this show. His middle's name Cameron and his last name is Jones. I asked him why he doesn't go by his middle name. If he has nicknames. He says some call him JC or JJ. I tell him my nickname is Trace. His sister's name is Courtney. I told him my little brother's name is Patrick and J says, "It makes me think of green." Me: Well P's birthday in Mar. 16. The next day it's St. Patrick's day so just call him Patrick. How convenient. J thinks that the my sister's name makes him hungry. Me: It must be the mmmm sound. We took the #1 bus home. I walked him to the LRT station and we talked as we waited. Quoted more from the Simpsons. He says he has a good short term memory and that is why he studies last minute. Then his LRT came, and then he pulled me into a hug. I didn't really expect that. Like what huh? A hand shake? Well the last time, we just waved. So another good date it was.

No comments: