Monday, January 3, 2011

funny video/ Matthew Morrison/ old scripts

Dec. 30 Funny video: I was watching Jay Leno a few weeks ago and they showed a clip from Spruce Grove, AB.

Cut to a bison riding in a convertible. In the backseat was a dog.

It was a really weird sight. The newspaper 24 covered it because the video clip was for a documentary about how pets have this big part in people's lives. This bison actually was allowed in the pet owner's house.

Matthew Morrison: He plays Mr. Shuester on Glee. He was on Jay Leno and the interview was funny.

MM: I went to my room and I saw a blue dress hung in my closet. I then checked my door to see if I'm in the right room and I was in the right room. I called the front desk because I needed my suit from the dry cleaners, I can't meet the president in drag.
The audience laughs.

MM: I took the picture of the dress on my iphone.
Cut to the blue dress hanging in the closet.
MM: So I got my suit back and when I was at the party, I was looking for the woman in the blue dress. Then this figure in the dress goes by, and it's the country singer Miranda Lambert. I took a picture.

Cut to MM and ML together.

MM: I met Obama once and I say "Aloha President" because he's from Hawaii. He shakes my hand. The second time I met him, I said "Hello, Mr. President" and he said "Matthew!"
The audience applauds.

Later.

MM: I used to work at the Gap.

At the end.

Jay: You're making good dough.
MM: Well I'm not making Leno money.
The audience laughs.

Old scripts: I have writer's block so I will revisit my old scripts. I stopped writing them because other production companies have later produced it.

A fake reality TV show: In 2002, I wrote a parody of the reality show The Real World. Then MTV made the TV movie The Real World: The Lost Season which was my idea. The MTV one is about how this guy who was rejected multiple times to get on TRW kidnaps the cast and puts them in a new house. He forces them to play along and will blow up the house if they don't follow his orders.

In my script, there wasn't really a story. It's about a reality show passing off as real people.

Unpopular: I thought this up back in 2000 about a group of unpopular teens who want to destroy popularity. Then in 2006 I saw the movie Mean Girls (2004) which was my idea. In my script, there was an abstract goal. How do you destroy popularity?

In Mean Girls, there was a concrete goal. It was to take down the lead mean girl. There were tangible results when the other mean girls went against her.

Unreal: It's about two high school guys and girl fighting off three vampires. It was in 2001 and yes, I'm a big fan of Buffy. On Buffy, it was about a teen girl destined to slay vampires. It was sci-fi. In Unreal, I was trying to make to more reality based.

The Ransom Mansion: This is the first script I ever wrote back in 1997. It was about a family that moved into a mansion that had a mystery or was haunted. There isn't much of a story.

Deal With It: I wrote this in 2001. It was about two high school girls and three high school guys who are all friends. It was boring because it was about teens. I wrote it and it lead more to an "After school special" as in a lesson has to be taught. I can go watch Degrassi: The Next Generation for that.

These days teen shows have to have the characters be rich and doing fun and sexy things like 90210 and Gossip Girl.

Dec. 31 Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde: I saw this 2008 TV movie over the summer. It starred Dougray Scott (Susan's British boyfriend in Desperate Housewives season 2.) This was set in present time. On imdb.com, 515 people voted it and rated it 4.5/10. I thought it was average.

It had Ellen David who played the detective investigating all the murders that Mr. Hyde was committing. ED is kind of type cast because she played one on the kids show The Mystery Files of Shelby Woo. She's a mom on the sitcom 18 to Life. Dougray Scott is a good actor playing a good and bad guy.

There is a well- written story in here. When Dr. Jekyll finds a cure to get rid of Mr. Hyde, the cops bust him before he could inject himself with it. There's an interesting scene where Dr. J and Mr. H fight each other and it's played by the same actor. I do recommend that you watch it.

Jan. 1 Job: Today I worked for 6 hrs. Then I took 2 hrs off, and worked for another 2.5 hrs. Well I get time and half. I didn't watch any TV today because of work.

Jan. 2 Heartland: I was watching this show, and my sister was in the room, but on the computer listening to it.

S: This show is moving so slow.
Me: Not as slow as Secret Life of the American Teenager. Don't get me started on soap operas.

Today's ep was kind of slow, but a lot of stuff happened unlike on Secret Life where nothing happens. Ty and Amy spent the whole episode arguing back and forth about how this girl kissed Ty, and he didn't tell Amy. Chase had kissed Amy, and Amy was upfront and told Ty about it. The girl's boyfriend Grant confronts Ty about it, and that's how Amy found out.

Grant gets back with his gf. Ty and Amy break up. Maybe they'll get back together in the season finale. Ashley and Caleb got married a year ago. Then it turns out that the guy who made the ceremony wasn't licensed, so Ashley and Caleb aren't really married.

There's this whole indecision, should they stay together? They then get engaged. The big news is that Lou finds out she's pregnant. She had a pregnancy scare last season.

Jan. 3 Calenders: You know how I ranted earlier about how Calender Club calenders are 40% off? Well you can go to Chapters, Staples, Grand and Toy and they sell their calenders and day planners for 50% off.

Domino magazine: I was reading in the Globe and Mail or the National Post about how Domino magazine folded. I remember my sister buying an issue of it and gave it to me. I then looked it up and it was from 2005- 2009. It folded due to the recession.

Happy New Year!

No comments: