Friday, January 28, 2011

Babar vs. Kermit/ 9-11 jokes/ Noah Knows Best

Jan. 27 Babar vs. Kermit: I was on Youtube and I found this video of Babar vs. Kermit on "Sexyback" video.

Babar is an elephant and Kermit the Frog are singing and dancing to Justin Timberlake's song "Sexyback." There are shots of Kermit driving a car. It was low budget and amateur, but it was fun to watch. Check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qgi4tYzN8Y&feature=fvw

9-11 jokes: Earlier this week on The Simpsons, Homer is reading this TV guide from the 1980s. He was going to mail something into them.

Homer: World Trade Centre one..

My sister was watching it with me.
S: That's kind of uh..
Me: Dark?
S: Yeah.

I saw a South Park episode where Cartman pretends to be a robot called Awesome-O. Butters then mentions his birthday is Sept. 11.

Family Guy kind of made a joke with it when Lois runs for mayor. Lois is answering questions and saying vague things.

Reporter: What do you plan to do to fight crime?
Lois: A lot.
The audience cheers.
Lois: 9-11 was bad.
The audience cheers.

The first person to even make a joke about it was Eminem in his music video "Without Me." Eminem dresses up like Bin Laden and he is being chased by his rap group D12. Then E holds up a white flag and waves it in surrender. Then they all start dancing.

MADtv made a couple sketches around it. One time a woman calls a psychic and asks: "Were you working on Sept. 10?"

Then there is a married couple played by Michael McDonald and Stephanie Weir.
MM has grown this long beard that resembles Bin Laden's.

SW: All our friends, family, co-workers and neighbors hate it. Can you please shave it?
MM comes out from the washroom wearing a robe and has a towel wrapped around his head like a turban so he looks even more like Bin Laden.
After some more arguing, MM shaves it off and he looks like Hitler.

Barack Obama jokes: I was watching Jay Leno and you know how Barack Obama is from Hawaii? They did the opening credits of Hawaii Five- O to Hawaii Five-Obama.

Recently Barack Obama met up with Chinese president Hu Jintao. Jay Leno made a parody of it calling Rush Hour 4.

Me: Oh my god, how come I never noticed that? A black guy and a Chinese guy teaming up together?

Actors: I was watching The Vampire Diaries today, and the actress Micheala McManus was on. She was the lawyer on Law and Order: SVU season 10.

Me: I wish David Anders was back on this show. He was on for some episodes already last season. I've had a crush on him since I first saw him on Alias back in Jan. 2002.

Then at the end of the episode, DA shows up. I screamed. What a coincidence. I was thinking about him on this show and he shows up.

Cut to a few hours later, my sister was on the computer.

S: Hey Tracy, I think that guy that you like is going to be back on The Vampire Diaries.
Me: You mean David Anders? I just saw him today on the show.
lol.

I thought it was kind of funny that she remembers my celebrity crush. Well then again, my siblings and I all know what celebs we like.

Jan. 28 Comparisons: I forgot another Hooters parody. The TV show In Plain Sight about working for Witness Protection kind of made a shout out. A character works at Headlights and the uniform is exactly like Hooters, except it's pink instead of orange.

Evan Ross: I was reading this old Teen Vogue magazine and I see the actor Evan Ross. He is Diana Ross's son. I then recognized that he is on 90210 this season playing the half- brother of Liam. ER's character is supposed to be mixed. He and Liam has the same dad, different moms on the show.

I don't really care about his character on the show, but I did like how the half-brother and rivalry was revealed. Annie was dating ER, and she introduced him to Liam. ER explains that he was the one who stole a neighbor's credit card and blamed it on Liam. Now ER is trying to make amends.

Job search: Today at work kind of ended on a bad note. So I went home and looked for a job with a vengeance. More specifically a career.

Writing: A few days ago, I spent 4 hrs on the computer writing my Rain script. I had written stuff down, but typing it up onto the computer makes it more permanent. I emailed Josh Miller from Panacea Entertainment. He told me he was willing to read another script from me other than The Fighter so I told him about Rain.

TV influence: Last month my sister was at home watching these TV shows like Days of our Lives and the Food network. Then she went and watched ABC Family shows like Sonny with a Chance and Wizards of Waverly Place. I was listening to it while I was on the computer with my job search. That TV was white noise.

I went on twop.com's thread "TV moments that angry up the blood" and there were adults mainly dissing these shows. They are teaching kids to misbehave and be brats to get what they want. That made me think that there are kids that are smart.

Noah Knows Best: Let's take a trip back in memory lane to 2000, but there was this Nickelodeon show called Noah Knows Best. It's from Ken Lipman who made The Secret World of Alex Mack which I love. In Noah, it's more like that old Melissa Joan Hart show Clarissa Explains it All with a guy instead of a girl as a lead.

There used to be this old kids magazine called Zillions and I went on the website and people made comments on the show. The kids were dissing the show on how Noah is like a schemer, not a nice person, misbehaves, etc. Then I went on imdb.com today and there are 5 reviews saying that the show was funny. The point is kids do have morals and ethics.

Also on imdb.com someone said Phillp Van Dyke is good looking. When I first saw him when I was 15, I thought he was hot. My sister came to check out the show with me, and when she saw him she said he was good looking too. PVD was also the voice of Arnold on the cartoon Hey Arnold. It seems this guy hasn't been getting work since the last time he was on TV was in 2003. Check him out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVtiUmD9Y4o

I find the show kind of funny. I laughed out loud once. I remember the music group Hanson was on for a whole episode. The girl group PYT made an appearance on one episode.

No comments: