Tuesday, January 11, 2011

job expectations/ typecast/ questions

Jan. 9 Job expectations: I was talking with my dad about job expectations, and it's not about managers lowering their expectations about the worker missing one or two days of work a week, but they don't really care. So the worker misses shifts, the manager saves money on not paying this person. The managers have to work a little bit more, but they do reap the benefits by saving money on not paying this person.

It's not until I stopped working at the Soup place during the week, and only on the weekends, did the managers were forced to hire two people.

Heartland: I was watching this show today, and the same work situation occurred. Caleb calls in sick (when he really wasn't) and Mallory has to do his work.

Mallory: It's not my fault that Caleb's not here.
Jack: Well since he's not here, you have to pick up the slack.

M rightfully quits and gets a job at the diner. That reminds me that the other character Lou worked there for an episode.

Look alike: I was watching my Buffy reruns and I was talking to my sister.

Me: Have you noticed that Xander (Nicholas Brendon) and Penn Badgley (Dan on Gossip Girl) kind of look alike?
S: But they're a prototype like Seth Cohen on The OC (Adam Brody.)

They all have dark hair and play the quirky friend who jokes around.

Actors: I saw the tail end of the show Chase, and saw Jesse Metcalfe on it. He played the gardener on Desperate Housewives season 1. I haven't seen him in a long time.

Months ago I was watching Lie to Me, and I saw Richard Burgi playing a senator. RB was Susan's ex-husband Carl on Desperate Housewives.

I saw Julie Gonzalo (college friend Parker from Veronica Mars) on Nikita. She played a reporter. She was on Castle playing Det. Beckett's friend.

Does anyone remember Candace Cameron? She played the oldest daughter DJ on Full House? I read that she married a hockey player.

Dad Camp: I read about this in The Globe and Mail a few months ago. It's a reality show about young dead beat dads who will step up and take responsibility for their children/ girlfriends and wives.

They interviewed Dr. Jeff. From the article he seems like a nice and smart guy. It seems like something I would watch because it's similar to 16 and Pregnant. However, I can't watch it because I'm trying to cut down on TV, especially if it's reality TV. I can't watch any more TV doctors after Dr. Phil got me too angry. I only watch a little Dr. Drew when he does those 16&P reunion shows.

Lake Shore: While I'm at it, I'll throw in the Canadian reality show Lake Shore. It's like Jersey Shore, but with more ethnicity. From reading the newspaper articles, it sounds really trashy. There were interviews with the cast, and the show seems fake because the cast members said they were pressured to say racist things. I'll steer clear from this show.

Jan. 10 Cloth grocery bags: I watch Desperate Housewives and when they go grocery shopping, they use cloth grocery bags so that's good to be environmentally conscious. Today I read in the Globe and Mail that there is lead is some of the bags, and though you have a bunch of those bags, they sit in the car trunk and you don't use it.

So use those cloth bags. Or bring your own plastic bags when grocery shopping. Instead of using multiple plastic shopping bags, you can put everything in one bag.

Typecast: I was watching Gossip Girl and there's this blond woman in her 50s and she plays the school dean. I know her name is Jayne Atkinson, but I couldn't remember where I've seen her from. Then I realized she plays the FBI boss on Criminal Minds. Kind of typecast playing a woman in charge of a big organization.

JD Pardo seems to be making more TV shows. He plays a bad boy on 90210, Human Target, and CSI: NY.

I was watching Desperate Housewives last night and they introduced Susan's mom. I recognized her right away, but didn't know where. It's Lesley Ann Warren who's also a mom on In Plain Sight. Both roles are irresponsible moms.

I saw Hayley McFarland, the good and smart daughter on Lie to Me, she was on United States of Tara. She plays a good and smart friend. She was wearing horn rimmed glasses this time so she looks really different.

Job search: Today was my day off, and since it was so cold outside (-19 degrees), I stayed at home and applied to jobs through the internet.

Jan. 11 Questions: Teen Mom 2 is going to debut tonight and I'm so excited. lol. I'm going to have to tide myself over by asking some questions. There have been moms on the show who find out that their daughter who got pregnant as a teenager, is happy to find out their daughter is pregnant. I think it's because they're going to be a grandma.

Which do you prefer? Your daughter getting pregnant as a teenager or your daughter becoming a stripper? I would say I rather have her become a stripper. That job is temporary even if she does it for 10 years. If she's a teen mom and has the baby and raises it as her own, then she's going to probably become a stripper anyway to support the baby.

If she gets an abortion or gives the baby up for adoption, she may need counseling and , that will have an effect on her life. Stripping may have an effect on her life, she may need counseling after that, but maybe she won't.

It's more stressful if I find out my daughter got pregnant as a teen. If she's a stripper, I will worry about her. I will tell her that she can't do this job forever. I would tell her to go to school and when she goes to her car after work, she should have a security guard with her.

Flashback: I remember asking a similar question like that to my teen friend Ray back in 2009.

Me: Which do you prefer? The teen girls on Maury who want to get pregnant on purpose or the girls who want to grow up to be strippers?
Ray: The girls who want to have a baby. Because sometimes having a baby, that will make her become a better person.

Me: I rather have the girls become strippers. They want to work at an occupation that's not very respectable. The girls who have the babies, they will live on welfare and waste our tax money. The strippers aren't going to waste our tax money.

People on twop.com have said that Jennelle (16&P, Teen Mom 2) should have gave the baby up for adoption. After the baby came, she didn't become a good mom or better person at all.

I'm getting another flashback in when I was jr. high age watching Jenny Jones and Maury. Those out- of-control teen girls say: "When I grow up, I want to be a stripper." I thought: "You can't be doing this job forever like when you're 40. Are you going to be hot when you're 40?"

Well there's Madonna and Janet Jackson, but they're pop stars and train, exercise, and dance all day to stay fit. There are those "cougars" out there, women in their 40s who are good looking. Well those talk show girls will then go to boot camp, and after wards aspire to go to college.

No comments: