Sunday, January 9, 2011

blog/ job expectations/ car on fire

Jan. 8 Blog: Someone sent me this email about my blog. I don't know if this is a scam or not:

Hi,

I found your blog Tracy's blog on Blogger and I may have an interesting proposal for you.
I work for the CityMedia foundation (citymediafoundation.org) and we are currently offering relevant bloggers from all over the world a chance to become the administrator of their city’s video site; this is why I’m contacting you.

We created the [City].vi network, making videos of world cities instinctively accessible with this address model: “city name” followed by “.vi”
For example: paris.vi, madrid.vi, chicago.vi, losangeles.vi, etc.
The address model works for 68,000 of the world’s most important cities. Think about a city and try...

The objective of the [City].vi network is to become the leading resource for local video content. Our strategy: working with relevant local bloggers.

We would be pleased you become the administrator of edmonton.vi and offer internet surfers a comprehensive video selection about Edmonton.
By managing your city’s video site you earn all of the revenues made from the site: ads, professionals registrations, links...
Basically, running edmonton.vi consists of making the site known by locals, for they post and watch videos.

Come on the site, you will find the proposal in detail and the advantages to work with us and take control of your city's video site.
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kl500NppDCY
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/city.vi
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/city_vi

Thank you for your attention.

Vicki Karlin
City.vi Manager
City.vi, a tool by CityMedia Fdt
citymediafoundation.org

Coincidence: I thought it was interesting that in 2009, I had 142 blog posts. In 2010, I had 142 blog posts.

Charity: There was a Degrassi in Africa special about the Degrassi: The Next Generation cast going to Africa to build a school. Of course it was called Degrassi. Now there is a Degrassi in India special where they do the same thing. I hope teens who watch it will be inspired to make a difference in the world.

Job: Today it was a quiet and easy morning. It was a weekday, and the fact that the holidays are over.

Job expectations: I was thinking about meeting expectations for work. When I didn't meet them at work, I was dismissed.

The Soup place: That reminds me of the Soup place. This one worker, she always misses the same one or two days of work a week, and doesn't call. The managers have told her if she misses work again on those days and doesn't call, she will be fired. They said they will give her one more chance.

She was fine for a couple of weeks, and then she keeps missing those days without calling. She didn't get dismissed. Instead the managers lowered their expectations of her and kept her until the place closed down months later. When she's here, she's a good worker. The managers don't expect her to show up for work all the time.

Call Centre #3: It's the same with me as the employee lowering my expectations of work from Call Centre #3. A couple months into my job there, they started canceling shifts. The manager and I talked where we looked at each other in the eye.

Me: If you don't start giving me more shifts, I will start looking for another job.
Manager: In Jan. I expect there would be more work. Well, I hope so.

That was last Jan. and a couple weeks later, I didn't get any shifts for the whole week. My expectations have hit rock bottom. I started looking for another job, without much success. They kept me on, but they never gave me any shifts. By April I was laid off and I wasn't surprised.

Jake McLaughlin: I found this actor today on The Mentalist. He plays this bad boy MMA fighter. I checked him out on imdb.com and he was a war veteran and served in Iraq for four years.

It's confirmed in the interview with him and Susan Sarandon on The View:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJVA1LwjFdI

Also on imdb.com, it says he worked as a security guard at Universal Studios before joining the army.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2474864/

He's also on the TV show Crash which is a spin-off from the Oscar winning movie. He's married and has two kids.

Jan. 7 16 and Pregnant: I finished reading all the comments on the 16&P episode of Kail. The best thing about it is that Kail's boyfriend Jo's mom Janet rocks. Janet helped out Kail by letting her stay with them. Janet told Jo to step and take responsibility for the baby. J was really helpful and a good mom and person.

I didn't really hate anyone in the episode. They were all kind of eh.

Jan. 8 Car on fire: I was going home from work, and the bus stopped because a car was on fire in the middle of the road. We had to wait for about 10 min. The firefighters came and put out the fire. I have never seen a car on fire in person before. I see it on the TV news and the newspaper, but never in person.

Friends: Today I ran into my friend Sarah on the bus in the morning. I haven't seen her in months. She was still working at the bookstore, but she was also taking a few classes in college. She's meeting her friend early in the morning for coffee.

We discussed about how if you want to get somewhere on time in a snowstorm, leave 30 min early. The bus kept getting stuck in the snow every other stop.

Snow: Today it snowed a lot. It has an effect on my work. There weren't a lot of people coming in today so I got to go home early.

It has an effect on my family. My family were going to order takeout today, but the roads aren't good. We're not going grocery shopping tomorrow for the same reason. I read in the newspaper that Boxing day wasn't that good for some cities because of the heavy snowfall.

Rant: Here's a mild rant. My sister told me that I should have helped shovel the snow today.

Me: I did yesterday.
S: Not when it's this much.
Me: Well I washed the dishes yesterday too.
S: I washed the dishes today.

Then my grandma told me that I shouldn't shovel snow because of my appendix. Though I'm fine. Anyway, I put 2hrs into my job search today as S was shoveling snow. I was doing something productive.

No comments: