Sunday, January 23, 2011

Dateline/ online dating/ funny marriage proposal

Jan. 22 Dateline: You know how last week I was ranting about Dateline: To Catch a Predator and 16 and Pregnant? Well I posted it on "TV moments that Angry Up the Blood" thread on twop.com and two people have made comments about it.

Person's post: I remember that koala guy because I remember thinking that he seemed to be borderline retarded. And not just in the "he must be insanely stupid in a number of ways." I thought he actually had a seriously low IQ. At the same time I almost felt sorry for him, though. He seemed genuine - not that it makes dating a fifteen year old okay, but I kept thinking that he didn't seem like the other sleazeballs on that show and probably could have benefited from actual intervention at some point in his life.

Me: "If you're old enough to get married and have a kid, I'm sure you're old enough to get your own apartment."

Ha! Seriously! All the girls on Teen Mom piss me off when they're complaining about their parents. You chose to keep the kid when you couldn't afford to live on your own...you should be thanking them daily for letting you stay on!

Person: I thought he actually had a seriously low IQ.

My post:

Me: I don't know if we are really talking about the same guy. The one I'm talking about was Asian, and if I remember correctly, he had some hard job like working for the law. Some sort of legal and respectable job. I remember in the interview he said: "A lot of people think I'm a geek or a nerd, so I can't get a girlfriend."

I thought that guy was so fake. He was obviously smart if he could get that kind of a career. He was manipulating and taking advantage of a young girl. If she was a real teenage girl, than she is niave and ignorant, and she didn't know better. However, he did know better so he was totally in the wrong. He knew what he was doing was wrong, but I thought he was trying to convince himself that if he fell in love with her, he wouldn't be a sexual predator. That's what got me angry.

Person 2: Entire shows like To Catch A Predator and (Primetime) What Would You Do? make me furious!

First of all, To Catch A Predator, is a show that makes me feel sorry for predators. I don't want to feel sorry for predators! What exactly is this show trying to do?

What Would You Do?-it seems if they don't get the answers they are looking for(that people are generally bad) they start rigging the experiment.

Both shows seem like so much entrapment to me specifically designed to make the human race seem like evil, manipulative asses!

Me: lol.

Rant: Today I checked my email on this online dating site. When a guy I'm not interested in emails me, I always say they're not my type and say good luck to them. This time this guy emails me back saying something crude about my dad. I blocked the person. Then I decided to write something like how my dad's dead, but I decided not to. If I did, what if it came true?

You may say that's magical thinking and tempting fate. Look, the point is, I'm not going to waste anymore time on this jerk and get even more worked up and angry. I'll add this to the list of jerks whom I encountered on this site which is a few.

Online dating: You know the saying: "Insanity is when you do the same thing over again, and expecting different results." So I found my boyfriend on this online dating site back in 2006. We broke up in 2009. The site then closed down so I went to another site in 2009. I only met up with one guy that year. It was more of a friend vibe. I guess I could have met up with two, but that other guy rejected me.

In 2010, I met up with 5 guys and none of it worked out. My strategy is to be on the site, like have the window open even when I'm not surfing on it. I'm writing an email or looking for a job, but that site is open and I'm logged in which means more people will see that I'm online. I started being more assertive by emailing at least 10 guys a month. If they don't email me back within two weeks, I delete them.

Priorities: Dating is an on the side thing. It's on the bottom of my priority list:

1. Get a job (work there, and save money.)
2. Get an office job/ career.
3. Pitch your script The Fighter.
4. Write your script Rain.

Jan. 23 Funny marriage proposal: I just saw a very public marriage proposal on www.postsecret.com. This guy proposes to his girlfriend on stage at a Post Secret Event.

This Guy on stage says: "My question is Natalie Thai, will you marry me?"

The audience applauds and cheers.
It took a min. for Natalie to get on stage because she was in the back.
Guy holds microphone to N.
N (to audience): Yes.

The audience cheers. I laughed.

No comments: