Thursday, January 6, 2011

productive/ crazy news/ fight scene

Jan. 3 Productive: Today is my day off so I went and deposited tip money into my bank account. Then I took two buses and found the office where my job interview is supposed to be at.

I did the usual of looking for and applying for jobs. I've also been emailing this producer.

Money: I calculated how much money I made and spent in 2010. My New Year's resolution is to make and save more money. Every year that is my resolution. lol. The most money I ever made was in 2009 where I worked full-time all year long. In 2010, I was laid off and 1/3 of my money was from EI. I will say I made $1000 more money in 2010 than in 2008.

Crazy news: I was reading the 16 and Pregnant thread on twop.com and do you know what is the #1 cause of death for pregnant women is? Homicide. Here are the links:

http://www.now.org/issues/violence/043003pregnant.html

http://abcnews.go.com/US/LegalCenter/story?id=522184&page=1

Twop.com: Here's some more comments from the 16&P thread.

Person: If you breed it, you feed it.

Person 2: I hope the next time Janelle says "I'll leave and I'll never come back", her mom will say: "Promise?"

Person 3: This show should be called "I'm 16 and stupid and don't know what a condom is."

Mystery writing: The TV show Pretty Little Liars debuted their 2nd season today. It's really good. There is this big mystery like Veronica Mars. In PLL, there is a group of five girls who are friends. One of their friends Allison went missing, and then a year later turns up dead. This person A is stalking the friends and scaring them by leaving text messages saying all these personal things that only Allison would know.

I always had a hard time writing a mystery without making it too obvious about who did and why.

Rant: I was on my professional email account today. Then hours later I checked it, and all my 2009-present emails have been deleted. Only my 2008 emails exist. What happened to them? I asked my sister who's been on the computer and she said she didn't do anything to it. She uses a different email provider so she can't say that it's happened to her before.

So my emails magically disappeared. The emails were from producers. The majority of them were rejects and I do have all the email addresses because I write down every email I send out.

All I can say is that at least I didn't lose money. If I want to look for a producer's email address I'll look over my extensive records. At least I highlighted the ones that were important so I can find them easier. I kept all the emails because I can then look them up to see if I have emailed this producer before.

Fight scene: I was rewatching the Buffy ep "Graduation" Part 1, written and directed by the creator Joss Whedon. I haven't seen that ep in some months. Buffy fights the other slayer Faith in an all out fight to the death. First they use their hands. Then it keeps adding layers to the fight.

B and F throw themselves out the window and onto the balcony. The next layer is B handcuffs herself to F so she can't get away. F breaks off the cuff. The next layer is F gets a metal pole and B brings out a knife.

It kind of reminded me of my fight scene. A group of guys attack the lead character. One weapon is thrown in. Then a second weapon gets thrown in. Make it harder and more complicated. It's more exciting that way.

Jan. 5 Edmonton Examiner: I realized that the Edmonton Examiner only published one newspaper instead of four last month. I should write an article for them, but I don't know what exactly.

Job search: Today is my day off so I did the usual job search for the five sources. However, I went and looked up all the bank websites I bookmarked and applied there.

Calender news: I was reading in the Edmonton Journal today that calenders have decreased in sales by 29% in 2009 from 2005, Day planners by 12%. People are using computers to plan their days.

People keep old agendas like diaries. It's to remember events and the sequences of them. I do that too. Well I still have agendas from 2006-2009. I got those from school and I write down story ideas on the extra pages. I did rip some pages out because the story or notes aren't needed. I have my 2010 agenda and I won't rip out any pages.

Jan. 6 Job interview: I had a job interview yesterday at an office. There are 15 applicants for 3 positions. Odds aren't that good. I got a call to set up another interview at an office. However, today they called back saying the position has been filled. That's fine.

No comments: