Thursday, December 30, 2010

writing/ crazy day/ rant

Dec. 27 Writing: Today is my day off and I'm all over the place. I applied to some jobs. I watched a Buffy episode. I typed up some inspirational quotes that I collected over the months. I'll send it to you guys later. I typed up my weekly email/ blog post and sent it and put it up.

The stuff I wrote in my last email/ blog post was from old notes I jotted down. I'll write that, but I have hard time writing my script.

Writer in Residence: I was thinking about the Writer in Residences and how they read my work.

Conni Massing (2009): She read the The Fighter draft 4 and with her notes, I managed to push myself to write the last 20 pages and get the script to 90 pages. She read Garret which is just like The Fighter, but with different names. She read Daniel which is like Garret, without the action.

Chris Craddock (2010): He read Rain which is 60 pages of not much going on. He read The Fighter draft 9 and saw similarities between that and Rain. I sent him The Hunter which is bunch of notes. I sent him Damon notes which is spin off from Rain.

Now the new Writer in Residence will be Marty Chan. I am excited to see what he will say about The Fighter draft 11.

Dec. 28 Crazy day: Today it was crazy busy for two hours. It was so busy, the manager was bussing tables. lol. I was bussing, hostessing, and the three other servers were telling me to do this and that. I worked from 8:45am-4pm.

It calmed down a bit after breakfast, but I still had to keep moving during lunch. On Boxing day, my manager told me to stay for a couple more hours. No one told me to stay, I thought I had to today. There was one server, and there were 7 tables. She told me that I could go home, so I did.

I even took an extra shift for tomorrow. It's for a few hours. We need two bussers, 3 servers, and a hostess to keep things afloat. At least I made a lot of money. I won't be able to make a lot of money because it won't be busy after the holidays are over.

Rant: Here's a mild rant. Calender Club is selling all their products for 40% off. I remember back in the days when Boxing day came, it was 50% off. I distinctly remember in 2004 and 2005 when I bought those James Dean calenders.

Well we're still recovering from the recession, so if Calender Club wants to make some profit, they will. My brother told me to wait until January when things will be 75% off.

Bad writing: I saw a clip of Secret Life of the American Teenager repeat, and it reminded me of my bad writing when I was teen. This show has bad writing. Back when I was a teen I watched TV and movies to learn about writing. I didn't read a lot of books on how to write. Now that I'm older, I read screenwriting books to learn what good writing is.

Comparisons: Here's a batch of comparisons:

Hero going into supernatural world to find father: I read about it for the movie Tron. It reminded me of Flash Gordon where Flash goes to the planet Mongo to find his father.

Team competitions: On Glee and Hellcats, they compete in sectionals and regionals. These are usually scheduled during Nov., Feb. and May sweeps.

Talking about the recession: The Listener, Lie to Me, Secret Life of the American Teenager, and Heartland all mentioned it. These episodes from the past 2 yrs.

Using an eye to scan to get into something: To take it farther, you take out the eye from the person living or dead. I saw that in the Dark Angel season 1 finale back in 2001. Then I saw it on Human Target this year.

Dec. 29 A toy car chases a car: I saw this in Jackie Chan's movie The Tuxedo and recently on a episode of Undercovers.

Job rant: Here's a mild rant. I saw on my schedule I was to get Dec. 31, Jan.1, Jan. 2 days off. My parents are going to Calgary so I called work to confirm my days off. I was told that I had to work. I then checked my schedule there, and there's black marker written over my schedule that I'm supposed to work on those days. Now I can't go to Calgary.

I'll change it to positive thinking. I know I can make a lot of money now. What if my hours get cut next month? What if the place closes down? It probably won't close down, but you need to imagine and prepare for the times you may not be able to work.

Corrillo Chocolate: I tried this chocolate in the flavors of Green Tea and Crispy Rice, and Cranberry and Rosemary. It didn't really taste that good. However, the wrappers had really nice paintings or pencil crayon drawings of a leaf (Green Tea) and Roses (Cranberry.)

Dec. 30 Calgary: I usually go to Calgary once or twice a year. I already went in Aug. and Sept. I already went twice, so it's okay if I don't go for the third time. I'm calm now.

Coincidence: I was on listening to The Bounce radio station and the DJ says: "Next we have songs "Grenade", "Firework" and "Dynamite." The songs are synonymous with each other.

Then yesterday I was listening to the Bounce and the DJ says: "I noticed how Bruno Mars has the song "Grenade", Katy Perry has "Firework" and Taio Cruz "Dynamite" song titles all sound the same.

Song: I really like the song "A Little Bit" by Drake and Lykke Li. I was listening to Hot 107 and this song came on. I recognized Drake's voice. I like his singing better than his rapping. I like his song "Find Your Love." I do like singing more than rap.

It's a good dance song. The lyrics are "I'm a little bit in love with you." I like the lyric "We're nsync like a Justin song." I thought that was creative.

Stress: I got a office job interview next week. I'm stressed because I don't know quite where it is. I saw it on Google maps and know how to get there and how long it takes. I have to go there on my day off to make sure I find the place correctly. I can't stress about it right now because I'm not going to find the place for the next few days because I have to go to work.

6 comments:

chi said...

lol i love this. what are some of your favorite screenwriting books? a good one for writers and screenwriters is blake snyder's book.

happy writing!
chi
bestscreenwritingbooks.com

JesseHanson said...

I love the smell of lavender products, they are my absolute favorite. avoid plagiarism It would be great to know more about your products.

JesseHanson said...

Very much awaited activity, I hope that the project https://www.paraphrasingtool.biz/beneficial-sentence-paragraph-rephrase-generator/ team will do complete the activity without any delay. Thanks for sharing the news here

JesseHanson said...

Watches are one of the most stylish fashion accessories nowadays. Articles will help me to follow the link carefully select watches in the future. Nice blog post!

anonymous said...

Unique info, This is a valid and certifiable bit of the craftsmanship. Most importantly, this is so exquisite and the exertion you appear by making this decoration is very astonishing but you can check http://www.paragraphchecker.com/remember-important-rules-with-these-english-grammar-jokes/ to manage your essay work. Everybody know the significance of the Christmas in our life.

anonymous said...

Today is the period of gadgets and web based life. The association who is working in this field knows the significance of the media and news but you can check read this to manage your essay work. The novel thing I like the most is that UTA understudies assemble this site and present the advanced ways.