Tuesday, December 7, 2010

16 and Pregnant/ I got my appendix out

Dec. 3 16 and Pregnant: I finished reading all the twop.com comments on the season 2 episode Nicole. When I saw this, I really thought she should of have gave the baby up for adoption. I say that to all the pregnant teen girls, but this the most. Nicole's dad died when she was young, and she lives with her mom. Her mom had a baby that passed away, and when N got pregnant, her mom was happy for her.

N dropped out of school, and I don't think she's going back. Her boyfriend Tyler is a nice guy, but he dropped out of school at 13. He said he wants to be either a professional skate boarder, MMA fighter or chef. The first two jobs are dream jobs, so he should try being a chef.

I think he got an expulsion and didn't bother going back to school. He was probably really unmotivated because he was living his grandma, and she didn't push him to home school or anything else. T's mom was a teen mom herself and she was the one raising T's two little sisters.

No one really had any money. T got a job cleaning toilets for $6.50/hr. In this economy, be lucky you even have a job.

Twop: I was on twop.com and read this comment:

Person: I so want to make all of these girls come with me to my volunteer job. Well, them, all of their friends, and every other teenager considering becoming sexually active!

I volunteer at a shelter for pregnant teens and teenage moms - all between the ages of 13 and 18. The girls all come from foster care or are runaways - nearly all are victims of abuse (generally domestic), and many of the children are products of incest as well. I come and play with the babies and toddlers for 2 hours per week. I also talk with the teen moms, and they are incredibly gracious and thankful. They will be the first to tell you that, while they love their babies, they really wish they could just be normal teenagers.

The girls are required to work or go to school (or both) in order to remain living at the shelter. Most are in school or have their GEDs, and also work or volunteer. They have a 7:30 PM curfew on weeknights, and a 10:00 PM curfew on weekends. No one is watching their babies for them, trust me.

Person 2: This show should be called 16 and Should of had an Abortion."

Me: That was kind of a dark joke, but I will say whenever a teen girl gets pregnant, never keep the kid and raise it as your own. There is adoption.

Person 3: When I graduated from high school, we had a girl who was about 9 months pregnant graduate. My mom said someone behind them made a snide comment. It pissed me off... First of all--she's GRADUATING (not taking a semester off to rub cocoa butter on her belly). Second of all, how many of those graduating do you think are currently having sex, have had sex, or have had an abortion?? She just happened to get pregnant. I know there are ways to prevent it but I would bet quite a large sum that only a fraction of those having sex are using protection and an even smaller fraction using it properly.

Job search: Today was my day off and I stayed at home. I went to 15 job sites and applied to 11 places. I needed to switch gears from pitching my script. I have production companies reading it and now I need to focus more on the priority of getting an office job.

Dec. 4: I looked for a job for a few hours today and applied to 11 places.

Money: I went to work today and managed to get extra change from one of the waiters. He said it was free money because he had so much change, that he couldn't get rid of it really fast so I took about $3 worth of loose change. I went home and filed for EI.

Friends: I called up my friend Angela and wished her a happy birthday because it's tomorrow. We chatted for 12 min. She said she bought a Christmas tree for $100 and some Christmas lights to decorate it. I remember going to her house on New Year's Eve 2007, and her house was decked out.

So You Think You Can Dance Canada: This morning I picked up yesterday's 24 newspaper and it said they're holding auditions at the Citadel today. I didn't know about it until today and I can't go because I have to go to work. Also my priorities have changed and I have moved on to looking for an office job and writing. Edmontonian and 4th finalist Jeff Mortenson is a dancer on the TV show Hellcats. I didn't see him, but then again I wasn't actively looking for him during the show.

Dec. 5 Rant: Here's a mild rant. I go to this free online dating website for nearly two years. Then it says if you want to see if people have read or deleted your emails, you will have to pay 8 cents per email. It says like 100 credits for $10 something. I was mad.

But I managed to calm down and think: "Write down who you email and when. And if they don't email me back in two weeks, then they are obviously not interested in you. There you don't have to spend any money."

Dec. 6 Sick: I'm sick again, this time I have a really bad stomach ache to the point that it's hard for me to walk. I had it since 9pm last night. I decided to sleep and by the next day it would be gone. It wasn't. A few weeks ago I had a cold. I'm trying to pinpoint what caused my sickness.

I did drink three cups of hot chocolate with whip cream in it yesterday when I was at work. I ate some rice, with chicken and this sauce on it at 2pm. Then I didn't eat anything for the rest of the day because I was full.

Dec. 7 I got my appendix out: It's been a crazy day since last morning. I read the National Post, Globe and Mail, and the Edmonton Journal at home so I won't move around because my stomach hurt. I called to set up a doctor's appointment at 8:30am to see one at 10:45. I didn't see him until 11:15 and read the Reader's Digest in the waiting room. My mom drove me there and it was 2 min ride. I would have taken the bus, but it takes 2 min. to walk to the bus stop, 8 min to wait, and 2 min to ride it. I could hardly walk. You should see me because I was tip toeing.

I saw a doctor and he said it may be appendicitis, and I should go to the hospital to check it out. It's not as busy since it's late in the morning. It gets busy 3pm-10pm because everybody is done work and school and then head to the hospital.

We drove back home, and then my dad took my mom and I to the hospital and got there by 12:15pm. I did a blood test, and a urine sample. An hour or so later, after I read the Metro, 2 Fashion magazines and Good Times, I was called in to get an ultrasound.

I had to wait another hour to get that one and read a Senior Home magazine and took a nap. I did the ultrasound and a white guy doctor said it was appendicitis. Then this East Indian woman doctor comes in.

Woman dr.: Your name sounds really familiar. Are you in medicine?
Me: No, I'm sure a lot of Asians are in medicine.
They laugh.

Then I was admitted into the hospital at 5:30pm. I got a room where I had to share with 2 men and an old lady. My parents came back at 7pm to give me robe, slippers, and my tooth brush. I then went into surgery at 10pm. I went under anesthesia and then woke up without a dream. Kind of like last time I went under anesthesia and had my wisdom teeth pulled out in 2004.

The entire time I was at the hospital, I was thinking about The Simpsons episode where Bart ate some sharp object from Krusty the Klown's cereal. He then went into surgery and got to miss two weeks of school. He filed a law suit and got $500 and spent it on Bleeding Gum's Murphy's album for Lisa to play it on the radio.

3 comments:

Toronto Security Guard said...

yup its normal to pregnant as long as she a a female no matter if she' 12 or 13,14... lols.
but getting pregnant is still a gift form god.... so why not..
Toronto Security Guard

Pregnancy Miracle said...

Nicole's dad died when she was young, and she lives with her mom. Her mom had a baby that passed away, and when N got pregnant, her mom was happy for her. And also I got my appendix out.

Pregnancy Miracle said...

Nicole's dad died when she was young, and she lives with her mom. Her mom had a baby that passed away, and when N got pregnant, her mom was happy for her. And also I got my appendix out.