Wednesday, December 15, 2010

shopping/ Teen Mom/ obsession

Dec. 13 Shopping: I was at home for the past week since my surgery. I then went to downtown today. I went there two weeks ago to deposit a check and went to two stores. This time I was there for two hours looking at clothes, books, jewelery, stuffed animals, food and reading Seventeen magazine.

I went to a few stores where it was getting pretty empty of merchandise. I bumped into my friend Chase there, and I told him about my job.

Dec. 14 Time: I was reading in the Edmonton Journal. It said: "You can never save time, you can only spend it." That's a good saying. You can save time by prioritizing and finding ways to be more efficient.

HMV: I read in The Globe and Mail that HMV sales have decreased by 15% this year. Over the summer I did a job interview there and noticed that they started selling popcorn. That's new. I know in 2007 they started selling video games. Now they're selling books too.

The Mentalist: Sure, there are the happy Christmas specials on TV, but on The Mentalist, the CBI team has to solve why a guy dressed up as Santa fell off a tall building. It was supposedly a suicide, but then it lead to AA meetings. To finally this addictions treatment facility and it was really the nurse who was the Angel of Death who pushed him off the building.

CSI: NY: Throw in the episode titled "Shop till you drop." The opening is a window display and a dead body is there. The victim is the manager that no one liked. It's kind of cliche. The victim is either someone no likes, and everybody's a suspect. Or everybody loves the victim, and nobody's a suspect.

It's interesting to see Jeff Roop (Vampire High, and The Mystery Files of Shelby Woo) play the manager. I haven't seen this actor in years since he was on those kids shows. The ep starts off with Mac and Jill going to the store opening and seeing a Pick Pocket. PP gets rid of his bag so there's no evidence.

Then it's revealed that this Woman Assistant Manager was stealing money from tills. If anything is less than $10 taken from the till, it's a write off. It's so little, it's not even recorded. She was stealing the money so she can give to her workers who are going to be laid off so it's like Robin Hood, stealing from the rich to give to the poor.

Manager caught WAM stealing money and recorded it on his phone. He then attacks her and she fought back in self defense. WAM gets the phone that has the evidence. The Pick Pocket actually stole the phone off her that held the evidence.WAM was also dying of cancer and refused treatment. It was a bit of a heartwarming ep where she helps her workers. She's still a sympathetic character because though she killed someone, it was in self defense.

Motivation: I finished pitching my script today. I have some production companies reading it right now and it's time for me to wait for them to finish reading. Now I'm looking for a office job.

Dec. 14: I was watching 16 and Pregnant last night, and on the show they said the line: "It's easier to get a job when you have a job." I haven't heard that since the other teen mom show Secret Life of the American Teenager. It gave me a little push to get an office job. I have a regular job, so it should be easier for me to get an office job.

Family Guy: I saw another holiday special. The only good parts I liked was the bad guy Quagmire showed that he was a nice guy by taking his 5 yr old niece who has cancer, to see Santa at the mall. Throw in David Boreanez (Angel, Bones) appearing in the Northern Lights.

The episode had Stewie wanting to kill Santa because he didn't get to see him at the mall. He and Brian go to the North Pole and see that Santa is sick because after years of producing gifts and getting little in return, he and his elves are overworked. Brian and Stewie attempt to deliver presents, and then tells the whole world that they are only allowed one gift. Then everybody's happy and Santa and his elves are fine.

16 and Pregnant: I saw an ep last night, and an Unseen Moments special of the show. There's a preview for the finale about Ashley who gives the baby up for adoption to her aunt and uncle, but wants the baby back. There is a lot of suspense of will she give the baby up or not.

Teen Mom: I read on Yahoo News there's going to be Teen Mom 2. This time it will follow four teen moms from 16&P season 2. The girls will be Chelsea who will move in with her best friend to go to beauty school. On twop.com a lot of people said that all she does is live in her dad's big house and not go to school or work. Maybe she'll prove the twop people wrong. I was kind of eh with her.

Then there's Kailyn. I had to look her up, because I forgot about her. Then I remembered her and her boyfriend Jo. Jo's mom Janet is the best mom ever. She let K live with them, and she told Jo to step and be a father. She is a really nice and good person. I really like and respect her. She was the best part of the whole episode.

They will follow teen mom Leah, mother of twins and one of her kids gets sick. Then there's Jenelle who I didn't really like at all. J was the one who kept threatening her mom saying she's going to take the baby away and that she will never see them again. I kept wishing her mom would say: "Fine, get your stuff and get out of here. Go find a place of your own.

There has been two seasons of Teen Mom that followed 16&P's girls Maci, Farrah, Amber, and Catelynn. In the first season there's 8 episodes, 1 finale special, and Unseen Moments. Second season had 11 episodes. It's been like this since last year. First show 16&P. When that's done, show Teen Mom, and then rotate.

Joke: Last month I was watching Saturday Night Live, and they did a joke about the above shows.

Announcer: From MTV who brought you 16 and Pregnant and Teen Mom, we will be Maternity Television. There will be My Supersweet 16 and Pregnant, and America's Best Pregnant Dance Crew.

Obsession: Though I'm sure you're all thinking: "What is with you and teen pregnancy?" I want to say this is not taking over my life. I'm spending an hr a week watching this show. I usually read one page of twop.com a day about 16&P thread. I write down how much I read on that thread. It's the only thread I read. I don't even read Teen Mom or Secret Life of the American Teenager.

I have been busy with my priorities of getting a job, looking for an office job, and pitching my script. Now I'm struggling with writer's block.

No comments: