Thursday, December 10, 2015

You can help free my daughter!



You can help free my daughter! 
My daughter is a prisoner of conscience. Please help her.
Dear Tracy,

It is agony to see your child suffer. I know - my daughter Phyoe Phyoe Aung was beaten by police and arrested for leading a student protest in Myanmar, also known as Burma. She is now in prison and Amnesty International has declared her a prisoner of conscience.

I was a prisoner of conscience, too. Thankfully, I am now free. I want the same for my daughter. That is why I'm reaching out to you.

Will you help free my daughter, Phyoe Phyoe Aung, from her unjust imprisonment in Myanmar?
 FREE PHYOE PHYOE AUNG
 

She's been unjustly arrested and imprisoned for exercising her right to free expression in Myanmar, also known as Burma. She could spend almost a decade in prison unless activists like you dial up the pressure. 

SHARE THIS ACTION
  
After an 8-day stand-off between protesters and the police, Phyoe Phyoe Aung tried to negotiate peace, but was handcuffed along with dozens of other students and beaten with batons. The female students were threatened with sexual abuse.

Without international pressure, Phyoe Phyoe Aung and her fellow demonstrators will remain imprisoned. They don't deserve this. These students and all prisoners of conscience in Myanmar should be released immediately.

My daughter broke no laws and is imprisoned for the peaceful expression of her beliefs. Please speak up for her rights by signing this petition from Amnesty International.

Phyoe Phyoe Aung is one of the ten cases that will be featured during Amnesty's Write for Rights, the biggest human rights letter writing campaign of the year.

You can join the campaign right now by taking action for my daughter.

Will you speak up for Phyoe Phyoe Aung and sign this petition today?  



Please help free my daughter.

I am so grateful for people like you.

With deep gratitude,
Ne Win
FORMER PRISONER OF CONSCIENCE
PROUD FATHER OF STUDENT ACTIVIST PHYOE PHYOE AUNG

No comments: