Tuesday, July 9, 2013

new direction/ triumphant school story

Jun. 10 New direction: After I saw the documentary 21st Century Sex Slaves, I thought of what I was
 passionate about.  I use my blog so I can write about important news and information.  I watch 20/20 and read the newspaper, and then I transcribe it onto my blog to educate and inform people.

Jun. 18 TV Therapy: I was checking what's on TV and I read the episode description of Dr. Phil.  It was about a guy who lied to his wife and son that he had a job for 5 yrs when he was really at home playing video games.  But, wait, I only saw the last 20 min. of the ep.  I didn't get angry watching it, it gave me perspective.

The man Mike was in the military and he was too ashamed and too proud to tell his wife Kim about it.  Dr. Phil thanked him for his military service and the audience applauds.  There is going to be lots of help for him in getting a job with a headhunter, working on his resume, etc.  There was help on Kim because it's difficult to trust Mike after this.  They will both get ongoing counseling.

My opinion: It gave me perspective as in: "Fortunately I have never been unemployed for 5 yrs.  I may be looking for an office job for a long time, but I am working at my restaurant job and the occasional 2nd part-time temporary job." 

I have already written about that Tyra Banks show where she talks to these 2 teens who are eager to get married.  It was kind of like a therapy session.  It did have a calming effect on me because Tyra helped them by convincing them not to get pregnant and get married.

Jun. 19 De-clutter: This feng shui has a positive effect on me.  I finally recycled 2 folders.  One I got from Call Centre #1 back in 2006 and one I used a lot in 2011-2012.  The folders are in half  and ripped.  I still have a few good folders that I got from job fairs that I could use.

I just don't like throwing things out to create more waste.  Basically, it's recycled so it' good.

Jun. 21 Psychic video: After I did like an hr of my job search and using my left- brain, I get bored and need a break.  I looked up a psychic reading on Youtube and I found this.  It was a very emotional reading.  They psychic Moira met with this young woman named Kaylee.  Moira immediately said that she felt 2 spirits around Kaylee and that they were younger than Kaylee.

Kaylee confirmed that there were 2 friends who passed away and it was a drug overdose.  She starts crying and Moira hugs her.  It was uncanny and fast how Moira was able to know that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dh2IlmaCOVQ

Jun. 23 Agreeing: I was analyzing my feelings and I learned that I like to be agreed with.  Who doesn't?  I posted this link on Facebook about why staffing agencies suck.  My friends Cham and Judith both "liked" the link.  I have posted this before on my weekly emails/ blog post.  The thing is, they are more agreeing with the writer Lola who ranted about it instead with me.

That's okay.  There are now like 89 comments on Lola's post agreeing with her.

http://thinkinglola.blogspot.ca/2005/08/why-recruitment-agencies-suck.html

Proving that I'm right: I like to prove to people that I'm right.  Who doesn't?  I also realized why I do think about the same things.  I have mentioned about "not knowing things gets me angry, but I have to deal with it." 

Religion: Like the girl who's in a religion that doesn't allow her to talk to boys.  I think she's East Indian and two of my friends Sonia and Jennifer thought the same thing.  There are a few of my other friends who thought she was a different race.  Now I'm stuck because I don't know her race so I can't prove that I'm right.  But I have to get over it because I will never know.

Dateline: I think about the 35 yr old guy dating a 12 yr old girl.  I was angry about not knowing the answer to my question: "What are you guys going to talk about?  Miley Cyrus and the Jonas Brothers?"  If I get an answer to it, and they were going to talk about it, then that proves that I was right.

By all means they were going to talk about the Disney TV show Wizards of Waverly Place.  You could say: "You were wrong Tracy, they were going to talk about something else."  Or I may get partial points because it was still Disney related.  lol.  Whatever, it doesn't matter.  I need to write about it to get over it.

Pepsi Max commercial: I have mentioned this commercial before about a guy who beats himself up in a job interview so his friend could get hired.  I wrote this on twop.com about how I thought the commercial was stupid and unrealistic how no one called security.  Someone on twop.com agreed with me and when I was talking to one of my friends, she agreed with me too.  So there are 2 people who had the same opinion as I did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rWbg4-dw1g

Jun. 26 Psychic fair: Did you know that there was a psychic fair in Edmonton a couple of months ago?  I was reading the Edmonton Journal and there was an add that there was a psychic fair in a west end hotel.  No, I didn't go to it.  I just thought it was cool that there was one in Edmonton.

Jun. 28 Triumphant school story: I was reading the Globe and Mail on Jun. 26, 2013.  There is a life essay in the Life and Arts section.  This man named John Fielding wrote an essay called "How a history lesson changed my life."  He was in gr. 4 and he wasn't good in school.  His teacher Miss Inksater told the class to: "imagine Father Marquette and Louis Jolliet with their native guides, paddling down the Grande as the first 'white people' to explore this land."

From then on, he was interested in history and started becoming a good student.  He said: "...when my gr. 8 teacher, who was also the principal then, told me in front of the whole class that I shouldn't think of going to university because my family was too poor." 

Fielding graduated 4th in his gr. 13 class, got an honors degree in history from the University of Western Ontario.  He taught high school history for 22 yrs, and 15 yrs at the Queen's University's faculty of education.  He taught university students to teach history.

My opinion: That principal was a jerk.  It's one thing to say that to someone, but it's another thing to say it in front of the entire class.  The principal should have said something like: "Apply to as many scholarships as possible.  Go to the cheaper colleges like NAIT where you can go for 1 or 2 yrs.  Or go to even cheaper colleges like CDI college and Norquest."

Flashback: That principal was even worse than Mr. Stabile yelling at this one girl for sleeping in class.  It was in gr. 12 math class and I told you about it before.  This East Indian girl looked tired and sleepy- eyed. 

Stabile: If you're going to be in my class, you got to stay awake and pay attention.  I'm not going to let you sleep through my class.

He kept going for like 10 sentences when 3 would suffice.  This girl Lindsay got angry.

Lindsay: Yeah, well you're a jerk.
The whole class says: Ohhhhhhhhh......

Stabile didn't send Lindsay to the office.  I got to agree with Lindsay that Stabile was being a jerk.  He was wrong in how he kept going on about one thing in a mean and angry tone of voice.  Lindsay was wrong for calling a teacher a jerk.  However, I will points to Lindsay for standing up to a bully.

No comments: