Thursday, July 18, 2013

double life/ bullying/ Cory Montieth

Jun. 22 Double Life: Here's a 3:50 video about a man who was living a double life.  He says he's a retired psychiatrist and he wasn't.  This woman named Sheri Brown married him after 4 months of knowing him.  Then the bills started coming in and she ended up supporting him for 6 months and $50,000 was spent on him.

I'm guessing the lesson is: "Don't marry so soon and really get to know the person before you do."

http://ca.screen.yahoo.com/team-reveals-husband-double-life-033200312.html
Jun. 23 Apocalypse: I was on Post Secret and here's one:

"2 weeks ago I blacked out and woke up in bed of a UN Policy advisor.  He told me the world will end in 3 months.  NO JOKE.  He had a nipple fetish.  I had a panic attack." 

Me: What?  Is the world ending again?  This is the 3rd time in 3 yrs.  Once in 2011 was "The rapture" and in 2012 was "Dec. 21, 2012."  So now I should mark my calender that is Sept. 23?

I had to look up on the internet that the rapture's date was May 21, 2011.

Jun. 24 Karen Klein: She is the woman who was bullied as an NY bus monitor.  She got lots of donations which was supposed to send her on a vacation.

"Klein used $100,000 as seed money for the Karen Klein Anti-Bullying Foundation, which has promoted its message of kindness at concerts and through books. Most recently, the foundation partnered with the Moscow Ballet to raise awareness of cyberbullying as the dance company tours the United States and Canada."

She seems to have saved the money and will use it for retirement.  There isn't any lavish spending.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/bullied-ny-bus-monitor-message-kindness-video-prompts-161053456.html

Jun. 25 Charity: I was reading in 24 newspaper today that singer Avril Lavigne created a summer program for children with disabilities.  It's called CAMP Summer Time Avril Rock Stars (Camp STARS) at 5 different locations across Canada this summer.  Good.

Jun.28 Homeless boy steals talent show: I was listening to Basement Jaxx on Youtube as I research companies.  I then found this inspirational video about Choi Sung- Bong who auditions for Korea's Got Talent.  He is a manual worker.  He tells the story about how he was left at an orphanage when he was 3yrs old.  He ran away when he was 5 yrs old because he was getting beaten up by the people there.

He survived on the street by selling gum and energy drinks and lived like that for 10 yrs.  He lived alone and slept on stairwells and washrooms.  He didn't go to school.  He took a GED test to get his elementary and middle school degrees.  High school was the first school he went to.

He was selling gum in front of a night club and he saw a singer who sang with sincerity.  He sang very beautifully with an opera voice.  The judges and the audience were crying.  He got on to the next round.

Here is the 8min video with subtitles:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZ46Ot4_lLo

Though your life may be hard, there are people who can triumph over adversity.

Jun. 30 Bullying: Anne Laurie sent me this article "How to Help a Child who is being Bullied."  The article goes on about how some kids just want to rant and tell their parents about it, and that's it.  They don't want the parent to think of a solution and jump in right away.  Here are the tips:

"Stay connected with the child’s friends by allowing and encouraging him to have friends over."
"Give your children a break from the pressures of their social media life."  

"Fully listen to the child’s side of the story."

"When a child shares an incident of bullying, respond with loving concern rather than trying to immediately fix the problem."

"Ask the child how he wants to be helped before jumping in to fix the problem." 

"Validate the child’s emotions."

"Rather than making blanket statements, ask the child questions to help him look at the issue from a different perspective."

"Avoid being too directly involved in any issues your children has with their peers."

http://www.gonannies.com/blog/2013/how-to-help-a-child-who-is-being-bullied/

Jul. 1 Post Secret:

"I envy people who get to spend their holidays in solitude."

Me: That's kind of ironic.  A lot of people don't want to spend holidays alone. 

Here's an email:

Hey Frank,

I am curious about orgasms and secrets.

I have had an orgasm horseback riding and have talked with other women who have also had them outside of any sexual experience, during everything from holding hands to an especially memorable shampoo and scalp message. Can you post this message at the bottom of the Sunday Secrets and invite people to comment below (anonymously or not) on the unusual and surprising nonsexual ways they have experienced orgasms?

Thanks!

There are now 691 comments below.

Jul. 4 Job scams: A couple of weeks ago I sent my friends this email: "Should I take this job?"  My friends Angela, Sherry, and Leslie were all saying that this is a scam.  I think it wasn't as obvious to me because I found the ad in the Edmonton Journal and not Kijiji.  As for Kijiji, there are lots of ads that says: "15-25 immediate openings.  $18/hr starting wage.  Processing emails."
http://badcb.blogspot.ca/2013/07/meek-ceramics-scam.html

Here's another one also from the Edmonton Journal.  Due to my friends tips, I was able to see that this other email sent to me was also a scam.  It's similar with saying "Hello Applicant", asking for you to fill out your info, and this:

"I need your service because I am constantly out of town on business as I own a electronics and clothing store in California as-well but want to open another store in Your Area."

"Your Area" is so fake.  I did email my friends and said: "Thank you so much for the tip.  I was thinking: "I'll just wait for the phone call about the interview."  The main problem I had was that there wasn't a building yet and the place wasn't open yet.  I wanted to wait until it was open before I do anything."

http://www.badcb.blogspot.ca/2013/07/jamie-breshears-scam.html

Jul. 15 Cory Montieth: He is on the TV show Glee and he passed away on Jul.13, 2013.  He was found dead in his hotel room.  It's not determined how.  A lot of speculation that he died of drugs or alcohol.  He was in rehab earlier this year, so I thought he would be fine.  I was reading about it in the Edmonton Journal today and I was surprised he died.  I then read an article in 24 and the Globe and Mail where I learned he helped homeless youth.  I remember seeing him on MuchMusic where he was wearing a toque and said that if you bought it, the profits will go to charity.

http://www.ecorazzi.com/2013/07/15/remembering-cory-monteith-an-advocate-for-homeless-youth/

Jul. 17: It's been confirmed.  He has died of alcohol and heroin overdose.

Jul. 18 Charities: I was reading in the Globe and Mail on Jul. 17 by Sunny Dhillon and Marsha Lederman.  Montieth's friends and family said to donate to
these charities:

Virgin Unite: (Montieth was an ambassador).

http://www.virginunite.com/default.aspx?nid=bd3e0811-5be5-4998-afa2-cce8d812cc93

Chrysalis: A California agency that helps homeless people find employment.

http://www.changelives.org/

Here's the Alberta location:

http://chrysalis.ca/

Project Limelight: It's a theatre program for kids.  On the site it mentions Montieth.
http://www.projectlimelightsociety.org/

No comments: