Thursday, July 4, 2013

fun/ BoA/ Simon Curtis

Jun. 16 Fun: Today was Father's Day and it was so busy at work with these reservations.  We were all running around.  We made a lot of tips.

Coincidence: The weirdest coincidence at work was that one of the waiters told me he knows my brother.  I then asked my brother, if he knows the waiter.  He said he does.  They went to university together.  The waiter does have a degree and he does make a lot of money at the restaurant.  He's like a waiter and an assistant manager.

Family Guy: After work, I was able to chill out like watch TV with my brother.  First we watched Family Guy's newer episodes that I missed.  Like the one where Quagmire marries a prostitute and has to get out of the marriage.  He says he's gay, and she wants proof.  He was going to have sex with his friend Peter.  If you don't want to be spoiled, skip to the next paragraph: They are about to have sex, but then Quagmire's wife says: "Stop.  I see you are obviously straight and you really want to get out of this marriage if you were going to have sex with a guy.  I'll give you a divorce."

Award shows:
We watched some Much Music Video Awards and 2013 Miss USA Competition.  I only like watching those Miss USA competitions to get to know the women's personalities and jobs like one of them is a financial consultant, graduated out of college, restaurant manager, charity work, etc.

Jun. 17: The Miss USA was Miss Connecticut who won.

Financial independence: I was thinking about that Simpsons joke again where Homer was selling cans of grease.

Homer: I'm trying to achieve financial independence. 
Marge: Through cans of grease?
Homer: No, through savings and wise investments.  Of course, through grease!

lol.  I was looking into investments and talking to my dad about it.  He says I can go to the bank's website and open a investment account.  I went to the website and couldn't figure it out.  Then I called the financial consultant I met a couple of times in 2012.  He told me that if I wanted to get my dad to do trading on my behalf, my dad has to come and show his ID and sign the papers.  My dad was busy so another time.

He's been kind of busy for awhile about this.  That's okay.  It's not like I'm a little kid and I'm saying: "Dad, you said you were going to take us to K-days, and now you aren't?"  I remember he took my brother and I to K-days when I was 12 and my brother was 10.

I'm an adult, I can take the bus to the bank and do this.  I need my dad to sign papers.  I can do some investment parts.

Miguel:
I finally saw his music video "Sure Thing."  I usually listen to his song on Youtube when looking for a job, so I decided to take a break and watch it.  I love the song.  I like his dancing when he's in the hallway.  He is a silhouette in the orange lighting.  There is a contrast of the model in the blue lighting.  It's a simple video, but it kept me interested because of the dancing and the song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4GJVOMjCC4

Jun. 18 Funny pic: I found this on Yahoo.  It's a graduation cake for Laura.  There is a picture of her and there is a cat on her head.  When I saw that, I was like: "Huh?"

It turns out the baker misheard the order and thought it was "cat" instead of "cap."  lol.

http://ca.shine.yahoo.com/blogs/shine-on/baker-graduation-cake-mistake-hilarious-goes-viral-reddit-185930466.html

Jun. 19 Lookalike: Here's another picture of a Kate Middleton lookalike.  Her name is Gabriella Munroe- Douglas and she makes $1500 an appearance.  Sometimes she gets mobbed.  I would say she does look a lot like her.  lol.


Scary video: Here is a 16 foot python opening a door.  It's a 13 sec video and I wanted to see a snake open a door because I've never seen it before.  The snake opened the door and then it promptly fell flat on the floor.  All the comments were scared.


Jun. 20 BoA: I was listening to the boy band NLT because Kevin McHale from Glee was in it.  I needed background noise as I research companies.  At the end of one video, there was a song that played and it was called "Eat You Up" by BoA.  I listened to it and I instantly liked it because there was a really good beat to it.  I did some research and she's a Korean-pop singer.

Here's the BoA music video "Eat You Up."  She sings in English.


I love the hip- hop choreography to it.  I like the video where she's dancing and things are exploding and shattering around her.

Here's her English song "Girls on Top."  You can dance to this song.


Here's an English interview with her.  She seems down-to-earth as she talks about how she struggles to learn English because it's backwards from Korean and Japanese.  I thought her English was fine.


If you want to know more about her, here it is: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BoA

Jun. 21 Simon Curtis: I found this pop artist on Youtube while listening to BoA.  I put this on Facebook status update: "just discovered this artist Simon Curtis. He makes good
dance music. This song "Diablo" is creative with interesting lyrics."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KBEPgniLck
Here's "Delusional":

He was an opera singer for years before he switched to pop music:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simon_Curtis

Winners: I went to the one in Capilano mall.  I do like this store because they sell lots of stuff at cheap prices.  Some are expensive, but I feel like everything is reasonably priced.  They sell things from Adidas, Eddie Bauer, and Roxy.  There's variety like a bottle of nail polish is $5, but there is a pack of 5 little bottles of nail polish for $5 too.

Wal-Mart: I did go to Wal-Mart to pick up something.  They have their own magazine called "Live Better."  The clothing store H&M has it's own magazine, it's like a fashion magazine.  I will give points for Wal-Mart's magazine, because it's like advetorial.  It's trying to be those lifestyle magazines like Real Simple.

Jun. 23 TV marathons: I got this email sent to me about how people watch TV for 5hrs or more straight because they get sucked into the story lines.  I have read in the Edmonton Journal about that too.  The cons were people lost some sleep because of watching it, and also called into work "sick" to watch.  I think way back in 2003 when I bought those Alias season 1 dvds I sat and watched like 5 episodes in a row.

The older I get, the less TV marathons I watch.  I think watching 2 TV shows straight is enough for me.  Like on Sun. nights I watch Once Upon a Time and The Mentalist.

I should forewarn you about the first season of Alias.  At the end of nearly every episode, Sydney the spy is in a jam.  Then you have to wait until next week to see how she gets out of it.

No comments: