Wednesday, July 31, 2013

BoA/ Karina Pasian/ Zeddy

Jul. 3 BoA: Here is the music video "I Did it For Love" by South Korean singer BoA.  I heard the English song and I liked how it's fast and you can dance to it.  The chorus is catchy.  Then I saw the video, and I love the dancing and choreography.  She is dancing with a hat, cane, and chairs.  There are special effects with water making the dancers appear and reappear.  I'm impressed.

At the end of the video, they're dancing with puddles of water like in Ciara's video "Get Up" and Britney Spears "Overprotected."  There is a lot of autotune in this song, but I still like it.


I read some comments and she is being compared to Britney Spears and Janet Jackson.  Check this video out:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDAIPaXn4Gk


Jul. 9 Email rant: Today I come home from work and get on the computer.  Yahoo tells me to switch now to their new email format.  I did on my work email address which I sometimes use.  I clicked "Switch now", thinking that I can switch back to the old one.  I'm looking through my entire account, and I can't switch it back.  I'm annoyed because I like the old one better.  I don't like change.  The only thing constant in life is change, I know that, but I wanted my old email format back.  I'll have to get used to it.


The main problem is when I write my weekly emails, I save draft and it says how big it is, like 20Kb.  If it says that, then I know the email is long enough to be sent out. 


Flashback: Remember the days of 2006 when I was sending little 3 emails a day?  One friend said it was too much and I thought so too.  It was the Year of Anger Management when I was laid off from Call Centre #1.  I was angry and depressed, and wanted to hear from my friends more often so I sent so much.  Then I changed to 2 emails a week so it's more manageable for myself and for my friends to read.


Then later I remember my friend Jessica saying my emails were too long, like it was 32Kb long.  So that's why I turned my limit to 20Kb.  I will be able to measure how long it should be by using Microsoft Word.  If the email is 3 pages long, then it's long enough.  You guys are probably like: "Why are you rambling so much about changing the email format?"  I have to write about it so I can get over it and move on.


Feelings: It's been about a few hrs since I wrote the above.  I've been working full days at the restaurant for the past 3 days, and I was wound up.


Jul. 10 Karina Pasian: Here is her song and video called "16 @ War."  It was released in 2008, but I heard it around 2011.  I finally saw the video today.  The song and video is about growing up and living in the ghetto or inner city.  It's a tough upbringing in this kind of environment.  It's an emotional ballad and intense.  I do like the piano she plays on because it's spray painted with her name and song title.


Here is the video:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlMQ-_Rmu7E


Here are the lyrics:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSfbZd4gtaI


I do like this comment by Alexandra Allyson: "Age doesnt determine the struggles people go through in life."


Me: That's thoughtful.


Street Performer's Festival: Today was my day off so I went to it at Churchill Square.  There was a guy juggling and bouncing 6 balls around as a group of 60 people watch him. 


I was checking out the booths.  It was the usual of selling African jewelery, like bracelets, necklaces, rings, etc.  There were clothes, bags.  There was more food booths with the usual donairs and poutines.


City Centre mall:
A few weeks ago, I went to the Art Works Festival.  On that day, I also checked out City Centre mall.


1. BFC Emporium- it sells toys, activities, and books.  I haven't been there in a month.    They also sell Nutman nuts.  Some scarves and bags.  There was a very nice dollhouse- antique looking.

2. Michael Hill- new.  There is a nice ball chandelier.
3. Suzy Shier- mostly affordable and wait until it goes on sale.  There was a Desire perfume that I tried.  I didn't like it.
4. Groove Stone- new store where Silver Smith was.  It sells jewelery and bags.
5. Eeva Eve- new store opened.  High end clothes.  Nice and classy store.

6. Urban is open after renovations.  They got rid of the jewelry case in the centre.  There are more paintings.  They belts went from $15 to $5.  They also started selling nail polish for $4.

7. Mexx opened and the store is small, but has a cool vibe.
8. Le Chateau- expensive.
9. Tea Desire- I see it closed down.  I'm not really surprised, because they only sold teapots and cups, and nothing else.  You're supposed to sell those stuff on the side with other things.  For example Second Cup sells coffee, but they also sold some teapots and cups.
10. Jacob- nice, but expensive.  Buy only sale.

11. Shoppers Drug Mart- Simple Foods is their cheap brand.  Buy Simple Foods chips instead of Ruffles.

12. Society clothing store- it sells older women's clothing.
13. Staples- I recycled 4 batteries, and 2 pens.  Lots of stuff on sale like they sell flavored chap stick.  There were calculators and items for $1 and less.
14. Artworks- they always have a nice window display.  Cool gifts, expensive pens, notebooks, and cards.
15. HMV- they were in the process of moving their store to another location in the mall.  I asked when Robin Thicke's new cd "Blurred Lines" will come out and they said July 30.  On another note, I have kept listening to "Blurred Lines" a few more times on the radio, and I still don't like the song.

16. Design Jewellers will be opening.

17. Fairweather- affordable and nice clothes.
18. Cleo- expensive and nice.  Aimed at older women.
19. Ricki's- expensive and nice.  Aimed at older women.
20. Soft Moc- will open soon.

21. Aldo- nice renovaton.

22. Coles- I always have to check out the bookstore.  They always sell fun stuff like home decor, journals, food, and toys with their books.
23. Payless- checked that store out.  Affordable.

Jul. 11 Live performance: I was taking a break and decided to watch BoA perform "I Did It For Love" live.  The dancing is good, and different from the video.  There were no props in it.  The footwork was complicated.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SygIjHDP9V0

Jul. 12 Zeddy: I've written before that the mascot Zeddy from Zellers is now the mascot to Camp Trillium.  What I didn't know, was that there was a video of it.  Here it is.  It's cute and funny like the other Zeddy videos. 

A white van stops on the road in the woods and blows it's horn. 

Zeddy: Hello?  I'm coming, stay there.
He climbs over a log and runs to it.
He climbs into the van and it drives away.  Zeddy sticks his head out and is saying: "Whoo!"
Zeddy: I spent the last couple of months biding my time in those woods.  Let me tell you, I'm going to miss my friend Can Head.  But he'll be fine.
Cut to Can Head which is a can with 2 sticks as arms.  He is flattened because he was run over.  lol.

Zeddy is driven to the camp and meets this woman who works there.  She gives him a Camp Trillium t-shirt and he puts it on.  She tells him his job description is taking the kids swimming, canoeing, and arts and crafts.

Woman: It's really important that you as a counselor that you watch over the kids, but you participate with them.
Zeddy: So you're saying I have to come here and have fun all day?
Woman: Yeah, that's right with our campers.
Zeddy: That sounds great!

He wants to thank people who wanted to adopt him and wishes his Zellers family all the best on their new journeys.


Here are some Youtube comments:

Thane Bernard: As a former Zellers employee I am happy to see Zeddy find a new home at Camp Trillium! I know the people there will enjoy him just as much as the employees at Zellers! I know it looks like a lot better place to be, AND the people will be 100% better then the custmer at Zellers!

House of Babies: Camp Trillium has been the best thing for my family. Barry is going to love his new home!

Me: It was a really happy and uplifting video when I first saw it yesterday.  Now I see it again today and it's still happy.


No comments: