Thursday, June 6, 2013

Tommy Woolridge/ crazy job interview question/ hunger

May 16 Tommy Woolrdige: I found this on Youtube.  I think I was looking for music, and then I found him.  He is using Rihanna's lyrics as pick up lines.  Tommy Woolridge is cute and funny.  Datable.  Check it out: 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYXy2P0mHfE

Pharrel: I was looking up Robin Thicke and found this video where the rapper/ producer
Pharrel gives this motivational video.  He talks about: "Have you ever seen something on TV and you were like 'Hey, I thought of that too.  I wished I pursued it and then I could be rich." 

He goes on about focusing on the moment and how this will affect 10 yrs from now.  If you're not a fan of his, I still think it's good to listen to and inspirational.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pCfR6i58BY

Crazy Job Interview Question: I got this from Daily Silly.  It's very creative.

"You are driving along in your car on a wild, stormy night. You pass by a bus stop, and you see three people waiting for the bus:

1. An old lady who looks as if she is about to die.
2. An old friend who once saved your life.
3. The perfect man (or) woman you have been dreaming about.

Which one would you choose to offer a ride to, knowing that there could only be one passenger in your car?
Think before you continue reading. This is a moral/ethical dilemma that was once actually used as part of a job application.

You could pick up the old lady, because she is going to die, and thus you should save her first; or you could take the old friend because he once saved your life, and this would be the perfect chance to pay him back. However, you may never be able to find your perfect dream lover again.

The candidate who was hired (out of 200 applicants) had no trouble coming up with his answer. He simply answered: "I would give the car keys to my old friend, and let him take the lady to the hospital. I would stay behind and wait for the bus with the woman of my dreams."

I Google this:

http://www.allinterview.com/showanswers/72458.html


Me: That's good.  I would have picked up the old lady and dropped her off at the hospital.  The friend I can pick up later after I drop off the old woman.  I guess I would tell the man of my dreams: "Stay where you are.  What's your phone number and here's my number."  It's not that good of answer compared to the one above.  Well what would you do?

Job joke:
This is from Daily Silly.

The manager of a large office asked a new employee to come into his office. "What is your name?," was the first thing the manager asked. "John," the new guy replied. The manager scowled. "Look, I don't know what kind of a namby-pamby place you worked at before, but I don't call anyone by their first name! It breeds familiarity and that leads to a breakdown in authority," he said.

"I refer to my employees by their last name only - Smith, Jones, Baker - that's all. Now that we got that straight, what is your last name?" The new guy sighed and said, "Darling. My name is John Darling." The manager said, "Okay, John, the next thing I want to tell you..."


Cops pulling cars over: Here is Daily Silly jokes on this topic.

A fellow bought a new Mercedes and was out on the interstate for a nice evening drive. The top was down, the breeze was blowing through what was left of his hair and he decided to open her up. As the needle jumped up to 80 mph, he suddenly saw flashing red and blue lights behind him. "There's no way they can catch a Mercedes," he thought to himself and opened her up further. The needle hit 90, 100.... Then the reality of the situation hit him.

"What am I doing?" he thought and pulled over. The cop came up to him, took his license without a word and examined it and the car. "It's been a long day, this is the end of my shift and it's Friday the 13th. I don't feel like more paperwork, so if you can give me an excuse for your driving that I haven't heard before, you can go." The guy thinks for a second and says, "Last week my wife ran off with a cop. I was afraid you were trying to give her back!" "Have a nice weekend," said the officer.


Here's another:

A speeding driver was pulled over by a policeman. He asked, "Why was I pulled over when I wasn't the only one speeding." The police replied, "Have you ever been fishing?" The man then said, "yes". "Have you ever caught all the fish?" asked the policeman


May 17: Here's another one:

"What am I supposed to do with this?" grumbled the motorist as the police clerk handed him a receipt for his traffic violation. "Keep it," the clerk advises. "When you get four of them, you get a bicycle."

Me: Well it's true.

Here's a bike rider:

A cop pulls a young guy over: "Hello officer" said the smart aleck kid. "Young man did you see that stop sign?" asked the cop. "Yup, but I didn't see you!"

Senior driving:
A senior couple decided to go shopping one day, and split their efforts by going separate ways. Near the end of the shopping event they decided to get together for lunch. As the woman was on her way to the rendezvous point, she heard a traffic warning on the radio that a car was driving in the wrong direction up ahead. Knowing that her husband was near the point of the warning, she decided to call him on the cell phone. When he answered, she explained, "I just heard on the news, someone is driving in the wrong direction on the highway!" And the husband replied, "One? There's hundreds of folks going the wrong way where I am!"

Hunger: I put this Food Banks Canada newsletter on my blog.  Here is a link to an infographic of it.  41% of Canadians know someone who used a food bank and that includes family, friends, collegues or you.

http://gallery.mailchimp.com/400a7172a7c30fdb7358e1a9e/files/Hunger_Awareness_Week_Infographic.pdf

May 18 Call me article: I was reading "Call me throwback, but call me" by Kate Carraway in the Globe and Mail on May 17, 2013.  I'll add this to my "leave a message" blog post.  She talks about how we all text, instant message, and email each other, but no one ever really talks on the phone.  She decides to only call people for one week.

It mentioned how phone calls can be kind of an intrusion and she felt rude when leaving a message.  When you leave a message, it is really like wanting a response.  She also mentioned how one of her friends was sending these sharp texts to her and if she was speaking in person, she wouldn't say that.  So Kate called her and they talked, and it all worked out.

No comments: