Thursday, December 13, 2012

How a hero says, "Thank you"

I got this from Amnesty International: 

https://takeaction.amnestyusa.org/site/c.6oJCLQPAJiJUG/b.8455001/k.C6B4/Yearend_Appeal_2012/apps/ka/sd/donorcustom.asp?freq=monthly&msource=W1212EYE3J


Dear Tracy,

Earlier this year I had the distinct honor of welcoming Nobel laureate and former prisoner of conscience Aung San Suu Kyi to the U.S.

She asked me to tell you something very important: "Thank you. You have helped to keep the light."

Your support made a difference in securing her release, and for that she is profoundly grateful.

LIGHT THE WAY: Your pledge today helps free prisoners of conscience like Aung San Suu Kyi. Join Amnesty International now and special friends of Amnesty will match your gift dollar-for-dollar – until Dec. 31.

Suu Kyi is not alone in praising your steadfast devotion to human rights.

Jenni Williams, founder, Women and Men of Zimbabwe Arise (Zimbabwe):

"I have a big sister – Amnesty International and all its millions of members. I know if I am arrested, and I get in trouble, I can rely on them to watch my back and be there for me."
Human rights journalist Lydia Cacho (Mexico):
"Every time you take a stand for anyone you are being a true defender of free expression. Your voice is so powerful. It not only makes your rights valuable, it makes our rights valuable."
Student activist Jabbar Savalan (Azerbeijan):
"It feels good to be with my friends again. Amnesty International is a symbol of human rights and freedom, not just in Azerbaijan, but everywhere in the world. I am grateful for all the hard work done by your organization."
Human rights lawyer Chen Guangcheng (China):
"Please say thank you to members all around the world for their continued support and concern for my family. When the opportunity arises, I shall thank them in person."
Supporters like you have been instrumental in keeping every one of these human rights defenders safe in some way.

Your tax-deductible donation is needed today to continue fighting to stop violence against women, to ensure justice for victims of torture, and to expose and prevent other human rights abuses.

Your commitment moves us forward, and brings hope for humanity. Join now and your gift will be matched so it can make twice the impact.



Frank Jannuzi
CHIEF ADVOCACY OFFICER
AMNESTY INTERNATIONAL USA


P.S. Why wait? Our matching gift challenge ends Dec. 31. Our ability to meet the human rights challenges of today and tomorrow depends upon your support right now. Click here to donate.

No comments: