Thursday, October 18, 2012

money poll/ MacGruber/ fun video

Oct. 1 Money poll: There are 2 more questions on the poll from Globe and Mail.

You inherit $5 million from a long- lost aunt.  You..

44% would invest it all for the future and maintain my current job and lifestyle.
34% would donate half to charity, invest a quarter and spend the rest on myself, friends, and family.
21% would buy a dream house, a fast car and take some killer vacations.
1% would go on the most incredible shopping spree ever.

Me: I'm with the 44%.  I would save it, keep working at my job, and live with my family.  Though I would produce my TV script.

How much would you spend to be set up with your 'perfect' match?

54% Can't buy me love!
26% more than $10,000.  If I find my soul mate, it's totally worth it!
7% less than $100
6% $100-$1000
4% $1000-$5000
3% $5000-$10000

Me: I was with the majority on the other 3 questions, but this one I wasn't.  If I was guaranteed to be with this person forever, I would put $1000.  I guess I'll be with the $100-$1000.

MacGruber: I saw this movie last week on TV.  It's based on a Saturday Night Live sketch where Will Forte plays MacGruber, a really dumb action hero.  Another SNL actor Kristin Wiig plays his team member/ love interest.  Ryan Phillipe plays Lt. Piper.  I mainly watched it for RP.  He's good looking.

This is a mediocre movie that did have some pretty funny moments.  I'm not really into comedy, but I'm into action.  The humor can get dark and vulgar.  There's lots of profanity.

It's like making fun of all those other action movies.  It starts off with a serious war scene.  There's lots of action and good cinematography.  Lt. Piper and Colonel talk, listing MacGruber's achievements, so that's a good way to reveal character.  The military needs MacGruber, but as usual the lead character in movies have to refuse to do something at first.

There is a flashback of how the bad guy Von Cunth (Val Kilmer) murdered MacGruber's wife.  Now he has to avenge her death.  Cunth has stole a nuclear warhead and will launch it at the US, and MacGruber has to stop him.  That's a clear goal.
Oct. 2:
The good parts are the unpredictable shoot outs.  I jumped and I laughed at it.  There were some good sight gags.  The dialogue was funny, stupid, and ridiculous.  However, there is a sense of self-awareness when one of the characters points out to the other one that they are repetitive in dialogue.

MacGruber embarrasses himself with his stupidity, and Piper is embarrassed.  There was the cliche scene of a woman mending a man's wounds.  There's a parody of it as it was kind of sexual.

Besides the unpredictable shoot outs, there was a creative plot twist later on with a character.  If you like comedy, action, the actors, SNL, then you'll like this movie.  I forewarned you the humor can be kind of crude.

Comedy tip: I was watching Scary Movie 3 (the only one that I find funny) and the tip was for the characters to play it serious.  The actors don't try to be funny, but they have to pretend that they are really dumb.  

 Needy Helper: I found this on Two Bits.  It's a blog by Lee Davy about being more positive. 

http://www.needyhelper.com/

There is a good comment to it:

Fairy Dharawat Good one, life is good, we just dont know it. We are too engrossed in trivial matters and lose our cool. Opening one mind is not easy - we backdown easily when things dont go our way which involves doing what we love - that 6 months backpacking vacation sounds awsome!, but I wont get that break from work, how will i manage, I want to go alone but I am scared, what if i lose my job, dont get any job....the list goes on, its like we got too many reasons for not doing what we love when only one reason is required to actually go for it.

Comedy comparisons:

Running away scared: I saw a promo for the sitcom Whitney

Cut to Whitney with her Boyfriend on the street.  A Mugger comes up to them.

Mugger: Now give me your money.
Boyfriend (calmly): Wait, just a moment.
Whitney runs away in the other direction really fast.
The audience laughs.

Cut to a scene where Whitney is asleep in bed.  Boyfriend gets the fire detector going.  Whitney wakes up, jumps out of bed, and pushes her Boyfriend out of the way of the door and runs away really fast.
The audience laughs.

My sister laughs.
Me: What?  You think this is funny?
S: No, I'm laughing at how bad it is.

Fun video: I was watching Jay Leno last night and they showed this real news clip.  There is a young woman with a flat chest, and she's panhandling for money to get implants.  Seriously.  She is in black bikini, sitting on a motorcycle, holding up a sign that says: "Not homeless.  Needs money for boobs."  They show one guy in his 50s handing her money.

Cars were going by, and they're blowing their horns at her.  It's funny, but I don't really approve of her actions.  Well she's not doing anything illegal, people are voluntarily giving her money.  I don't approve of plastic surgery, and asking strangers for money for something you don't really need, but just want.

Joke: Also on Jay Leno, he mentions that people are trying to kill the guy who made the anti-Muslim movie about Mohamed.

JL: For all the times people were going kill others for making a bad movie, Hollywood would be dead.
lol.

Fun: Today was my day off and I got out of the house a bit.  I got my hair cut.  I was the first one there when it opened.  I took a bus to downtown to buy 2 big bags of chips for $5.  Then I walked to Staples to recycle a pen.   

No comments: