Tuesday, October 16, 2012

kidnapping/ woman marries father/ bullying on TV

Sept. 8 Kidnapping: I found this story on Yahoo about a teen girl who was kidnapped at 15 yrs old.  She was held captive for 2 yrs and had a child with her captor.  She tried to escape several times, but he always caught her.  

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/ill-police-teen-held-2-years-escapes-captors-084022288.html?_esi=1'

Graham McMynn:
I was going through my old newspaper clippings and found "Vancouver millionare's son kidnapped at gunpoint."  The guy Graham McMynn is 23 yrs old and was kidnapped when he stopped at a red light.  His girlfriend Jacklin Tran was with him and the kidnappers took her cell phone.  I didn't write down the yr when I cut this out. 

I looked it up, and it occurred in 2006.  They managed to find him.  I found this website on how they found him.  It took 8 days to find him.  The kidnappers were arrested and spend years in jail.

The good news is that Graham McMynn and Jacklin Tran got married in 2008 in his parent's backyard.  Check out the website that gives a timeline on how the case was solved:

http://www.cbc.ca/fifth/kidnapped/timeline/

Sept. 9 Jeremy Hinzman: I also found 2 articles about a man named Jeremy Hinzman.  It was in 2004.  He is a former paratrooper who deserted from the 82nd Airborne Division bound for Iraq.  He went to Canada and claimed refugee status.  He said that he saw "American forces regularly killed unarmed civilians during Operation Iraqi Freedom."  This is an article written by Chris Wattie for the National Post.

So what happened to him?  I Google his name and he's now a bike courier in Toronto.  In the 2004, there was a pic of him with his Asian wife and his pre-school age son.  On Wikipedia it says he's a Conscientious Objector to the war.  He is staying in Canada on Humanitarian grounds.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremy_Hinzman

Sept. 11 Actors and models:

Glenn Quinn:
I found this old article I clipped out back in 2002.  It was about the actor Glenn Quinn who played Doyle on the TV show Angel.  He was a half human- half demon who gets visions of people in danger, and tells Angel about it.  They and Cordelia go and save the people.

The character Doyle got killed 9 episodes into the first season though he was a regular.  A lot of viewers were sad about that because he was a likable character.  A few years later, in 2002, the actor Quinn died.  That's what the article was about.  Here he is on imdb.com.  It says he died of a drug overdose.

I remember reading something about rumors on the show.  That the creator Joss Whedon said the character Doyle was supposed to die so he could pass on his vision powers to Cordelia.  There are other rumors that says Quinn was an addict and he was influencing others on the set.  I don't know what to believe.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0703849/

Scott Weidman: I found this article from the Edmonton Journal back in 2002.  It's about this young man from Sherwood Park, named Scott Weidman.  He was at the mall and he was discovered by an agent and he became a model.  He gets paid $65-$90/hr.  After the agency and taxes, he only gets 50%.  The agency gets him the work.

He talks about standing for 8hrs as somebody put clothes pins on the clothes you're fitting for.  He gets stabbed a lot by the pins.

Here's some photos:

http://mensmodelstalk.blog8.fc2.com/blog-entry-1600.html

Sept. 12 Jesse Nilsson: I found this article I clipped out in 2003.  It's of the Canadian actor Jesse Nilsson.  He was 25 yrs old when he died.  He had asthma, and then he had pneumonia for 2 weeks.  Then he died of heart failure.  I was a fan of his since I saw him on that TV movie Model Behavior.  Justin Timberlake was in it.  It was in 2000 and I was a teenager back then.

Then JN was on a guest- star on In a Heartbeat, and got his big break by being a regular on the TV show Adventure Inc.  The show was only on for one season, and in the series/ season 1 finale, at the end it said: "In Loving Memory of Jesse Nilsson."

In the article, his brother Cameron Fraser says: "He was very excited by it and had worked very hard on it."

Adventure Inc. Co-exec producer Adam Haight says: "We looked at a number of guys and we cast Jesse in the last throes before production began.  There was something very handsome and very youthful about him, so we jumped on him."

Check him out: 

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0632235/

Sept. 20 War on drugs: Sarah Wegner sent me this infographic called "Failed War on Drugs."  It's really informative with facts like:

Tobacco and alcohol kill more people annually then illegal drugs.

The cost of cocaine is 74% cheaper then it was 30 yrs ago.

http://www.onlinecriminaljusticedegree.com/failed-war-on-drugs/

Sept. 23 Woman marries father: I read this on Yahoo.  Valerie Spruill's mom was a prostitute.  She then gave Valerie to her grandparents to raise her.  VS thought her grand dad was really her dad.  She met her husband Percy Spruill and they got married. 

She heard rumors that Percy maybe her father, and an uncle confirms the rumors are true.  There was a DNA test and her husband is her father.

Me: That is one crazy story.  It was an honest mistake, they didn't know.

Then I read the comments.

Bruce: Why the uncle said nothing before the marriage is a wonderment. Having children with your father can cause problems genetically even for their children

Me: Oh yeah.  The uncle should have said something and did a DNA test before they got married.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/daily-buzz/ohio-woman-discovers-she-married-her-father-185953907.html?_esi=1

Sept. 24 Scientology: I was going through my notes, and I see that I wrote some anti- Scientology websites.  A classmate did a speech on it and gave it to the class.

xenu.net

http://www.whyaretheydead.net/p126354-why-are-they-dead.cfm

I even got a flashback of the TV show called Talk Show with Spike Feresten.  He was interviewing Dr. Drew.

Spike: I was 18 yrs old and I was like "Who am I?  Who am I?"  So I entered the church of Scientology.  5 min. into it, I was like: "Holy s---!  It's a cult!"  And then I got out of there really fast.
The audience laughs.

Sept. 29 Boss psychology: Sarah Wenger sent me this infographic "Your Boss is Insane."  I thought it could be work-related blog, but it could used for psychology.  The infographic is good.  It looks like a "wall of crazy."

"30% of workers think their boss should see a psychologist."

"Over 2 million people leave their jobs a year.  330,000 because of their boss."
http://www.learnstuff.com/your-boss-is-insane/

I would say I never really had any bad bosses.  Maybe the supervisor at Call Centre #3 who said to: "Lie your ass off" to get more completed surveys.  He was nothing compared to this one co-worker at the Soup place.  She was mean and yelling at me.  Don't take it personal, because then she did that to all the employees there and eventually quit after a few months.

Oct. 16 Bullying on TV: There's been news of Amanda Todd committing suicide because she was bullied.  There's an article about bullying on TV by Tralee Pearce.  It showed bullies on TV shows like pictures of Cartman from South Park, Lucy from Peanuts, and Nelson from The Simpsons.

That reminds me of the South Park ep where Cartman ate all the skin off the KFC chicken when Stan, Kyle, and Kenny was there.  Kenny then cries.  They and all the other kids at school had enough of Cartman's behavior, and they decided to all ignore him.  Act like Cartman doesn't exist, and pretend they don't hear or see him.  Cartman then thinks he's dead and is a ghost.

Flashback: I remember back in jr. high this girl was trying to get me angry, make me feel bad, try to control me by saying: "It's not that funny Tracy" whenever I laughed too long at something which is every day.  I ignored her, I acted like I didn't listen or pay attention to her, and then she repeats herself.  She was trying to undermine my confidence, but I ignored her.

I even remember these 2 girls were doing a poll and asking people if they actually liked her.  From the sounds of it, nobody did.

No comments: