Friday, October 12, 2012

fun video/ positive thinking/ Zeddy

Sept. 25 Fun video: I was listening to rap artist Miss Eighty 6 and it lead me to this Russian version of the X Factor.  It's where a young white guy is rapping Enimem's songs in Russian.  It's pretty interesting to listen and watch it.  The audience and judges like it and cheered.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cb5f9EV3BM&feature=related

Joke: I have cut out an old article from the Edmonton Journal in 2007.  It was about how more women are attending post-secondary, because men are entering construction and manufacturing.

It started off with a joke:

A doctor and a plumber are going over plans for a bathroom renovation when the plumber presents his estimate.  The doctor is horrified.  "Do you know what I earn?"  "Yes," says the plumber.  "I used to be a doctor."

Positive thinking: I got this from the Great American Pitchfest.  It's not really about screenwriting.  The article is called "Create Your 2012 in Writing."  The thing is to write your future first in the past tense.

Like pretend it's Jan. 1, 2013.  Now imagine what you want to happen in 2012.  Create the way your year wants to be.  For example, write "I got a promotion in Mar."

In the article, it says: "The act of dreaming your future into being in writing allows you to interact with your subconscious mind and see its musing in a material form. You may discover desires and hopes that you hadn't even realized you had. You also get a chance to be guided by your higher consciousness into possible solutions to puzzles that may be lingering in your mind right now."

http://thevertexfighter.blogspot.ca/2012/09/create-your-2012-in-writing.html

Money poll: I got this from the Globe and Mail.  It was either in 2011 or 2012.  I cut it out.

Would you rather win $1 million in the lottery or have your dream body for the rest of you life?

59% I'm all about the money (plus, I could always buy the body of my dreams with my cool million!)
24% Hot bod all the way
16% wanted to hedge their bets: Can I have $500,000 and a so-so body

Me: I would take the money.  I like my body.

Sept. 26 I am Genie: I was reading 24 today, and there's a charity called I Am Genie.  It profiled Experience Genie Joshua Dawson who wears a blue mask and a red suit, and he grants people's wishes like cancer victims and survivors.  He gave a special day to Kristen Fersovitch and her husband Mike.  Kristen has kidney cancer and it can't be treated with radiation or chemotherapy.

Their day was a private sea lion show at West Edmonton mall, and a night's stay at Fantasyland hotel. 

http://iamgenie.org/page/about-genie

Zeddy: Zeddy is the name of the bear mascot of Zellers.  These commercials are 1:22 sec and the bear is so cute and funny. 

Everything must go-including Zeddy:
  This is where the manager abandons Zeddy in the woods and he has to fend for himself.  Some are interesting comments:


"I like Zeddy. His ears look like cinnamon buns."

Me: I didn't notice that until now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_rHRUOxUtA

Zeddy in the woods: Zeddy wakes up.  He is running away from bees, eating berries and then getting sick. He finds a can and makes a face, and he puts two sticks as his arm to create a companion.   It's at night and he's cold and he makes a fire from two sticks from the can.  He says sorry to the can.

Comments:

Person: I'm very impressed with Zeddy's fire making skills. Maybe he can use it to take down Target

Me: lol.

"Every time I walked into a Zellers it was a huge reminder of why I never shopped there. It was always so dirty, especially the floors, that it made me feel like I was going to catch something.
I swear, nothing looked like it was cleaned since the 80's."

"these are great. too bad the effort wasnt put into the stores ;)"

"Only YOU can prevent forest firers........from killing Zeddy."

"Target better adopt Zeddy or I'm going to Walmart!"

"This is surprisingly sad"

"like dis if u cry everytime"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0Ppq8kbtf4&NR=1&feature=endscreen

Government joke: This was last month, I wrote this:

"I did run an errand and I learned that the govt. doesn't take credit cards when you buy something from them.  They only take cash and debit."

My friend Sherry emailed this: "
interesting. you'd think they'd accept credit cards. maybe they are too worried people will use stolen credit cards to buy from them. and that was half a joke."

Me: I thought the govt. took cash and debit as a way to 100% guarantee that they are getting money.  As for credit cards, lots of people have debt and don't pay it.  So the govt. can not guarantee that they will get money if it was on a credit card.  

Sept. 28 Baby- sitter's Club: I was on Yahoo and it said that a famous actress was a model for a Baby-Sitter's Club book called Claudia and the Phantom Phone Calls.  It's Kirsten Dunst.  I thought it was kind of funny.

http://ca.omg.yahoo.com/blogs/the-juice-celeb-news/kirsten-dunst-first-modeling-gig-baby-sitters-club-152651725.html

Sept. 29 Question: Here's another question from that money poll: "Would you rather live in the late 19th century and make $70,000 a year (roughly $700,000 back then) or live in present time and make $70,000 a year?"

63% chose now: Are you kidding?  With polio, scarlet fever and measles running rampant, I'd take 2011 and $70,000 a year any day!

37% chose the 19th century: I'd have a beautiful manor home, an army of servants and my very own horse table.  I'd also host fancy costume balls on the weekends.

I would live in the present time because I can't live in a world without TV or internet.

Flashback: I remember having this kind of conversation.  Once in jr. high school with my friend Heather.  She said: "We can grow our own vegetables and food and live on it." 

In 2010, I met this guy who said it would be cool to live back in the day.  In both convos, I said no TV or internet.  He said: "But what you never had, you never miss."   

Sept. 30 Charity: A 6 yr old girl named Avalanna Routh who has brain cancer, has recently passed away.  She was a big Justin Beiber fan and had a pretend wedding with JB's picture.  It started a social media campaign and she got to meet JB.  They spent a couple of hrs together.

No comments: