Monday, October 18, 2010

writing video/ economics on TV/ stupid situations

Oct. 16 Writing video: I spent this morning pitching my script. I did find this video about what to do after you finish your screenplay.

http://www.media-match.com/usa/blog/index.php/tag/writing/

The screenwriting teacher in the video said that after you finish your script, don't wait by the phone for your agent to call you that you got the script sold. You have to go and start writing other scripts too. Often, the script you write may not be at a good time to make, or it's a good script, but not what people are looking for. Always keep writing to increase your chances of success.

Fun: I feel really accomplished today because I spent hours pitching to production companies. I did manage to squeeze a little fun today. I went to downtown and there's this festival going on in Churchill Square. There was a petting zoo with lambs, a pony, and geese. There was a pumpkin carving booth. There was this gold painted "statue" which is really a cowboy actor standing there. He then bowed his hat to me. lol.

I petted 2 huge black horses that were getting ready to take people on a carriage ride. I got a flashback that I hadn't petted a horse since that elementary school field trip. I think it was Fort Edmonton Park.

Friends: Yesterday I went to downtown and bumped into my old co-worker Lisa who used to work at the Soup place. She's still working at the grocery store.

West Ed mall: I went to West Ed mall the other day and I saw that the Collector's Edge store sing is a dragon. It looks really good. There's a store called Beaden that sells beads so you can make jewelery with it.

STDs and pregnancy on TV: I was watching 90210 and there's a 2 ep story line of how Dixon may have HIV. He gets tested, and he doesn't have HIV. After the ep, he does a PSA. This is the 2nd PSA on this season. Well it's good to address this issue. We have to wait into the 3rd season to deal with STDs. Then I noticed an Asian woman played a nurse on that show.

They had a teen pregnancy storyline with Adrianna getting pregnant in the first season.

Also on Gossip Girl this week, there's a rumor of Serena having an STD so Nate gets tested. There into their 4th season, and this is the only time they address STDs.

In the first season of this show, Blair had a pregnancy scare. This 4th season though, Dan thought he was the dad to this baby. The mother Georgina up and left. Dan took a DNA test, and it turns out the baby wasn't his, but he really cared about the baby. At least there was some sort of young/ single dad storyline for awhile. You don't get a lot of young/ single dad story lines on TV unless it's a movie of the week, and I think I saw one on 7th Heaven.

On The Office, Michael thinks he has herpes and he goes and tells all his sexual partners to go get tested. This is a comedy, but I didn't find it really funny. However, it's good to have an episode where a character informs his partners to get tested.

Economics on TV: On 90210, Annie's parents gets divorced. Her mom is struggling to get a job. Then she manages to get a job as Jen's personal assistant and negotiates to get higher salary, with medical benefits, and overtime pay when working more than 40 hrs a week. Jen is a very demanding person and she isn't a likeable character. I guess I did like to see Ms. Wilson get a high paying job.

Then on Desperate Housewives, Susan gets a job where she is cleaning her home in lingerie and it's being filmed on the internet to clients overseas. She talks to another woman doing the same job, and realizes she needs to save money or else she'll be stuck in this financial situation for a long time.

I guess TV helps me keep me on track of my financial and job goals. lol.

Good deal: Earlier this week I got $10 added to my cell phone account because I was loyal to the company. It's valid for 30 days.

Business news: Did you know that insurance fraud increases during the recession? It's because people are low on money, and it's easy to say you fell and hurt your back and get some insurance money.

Oct. 17 Stupid situations: I would never call someone stupid because I know how bad that can make one feel. I have been called stupid a lot by my sister. However, I know what stupid behavior is and I will tell someone if what they're doing is stupid.

Failing a grade: I remember I used to be friends with this girl Grace back in elementary school. She was the one who I lent $5 to so she could buy a birthday card for her teacher, and she never paid me back. Anyway, she was 11 yrs old and she was in gr. 3. She failed two grades and was held back. I didn't know that, until she told my mom.

Besides her not paying me back my money, overall she was disrespecting me. I didn't want to be her friend anymore, so I started distancing myself by not hanging out with her as much. I never called her stupid. If I did, I'm sure the friendship would end a lot faster, but I can't call anyone stupid because how awful it has made me feel when I was called stupid.

I did become friends with this other girl Yasmine in elementary and she was in the same situation, but she was nice. Is there anyone here who thinks that failing a grade is good? I don't know, it varies on each kid. But if the kid is really poor in school, you need to help him.

Teen pregnancy: There was this woman who worked at the Soup place. She was so disrespectful to me by yelling and swearing at me. I could have dissed her for getting pregnant as a teenager, but I didn't. There is major bad karma if I do that. I would end up on an episode of I didn't know I was Pregnant. She's 35 yrs old and her kid's 17 yrs old. I can do the math and figured out she got pregnant as a teenager.

Is there anyone here who thinks that getting pregnant as a teenager is a smart and good thing to do? Yes, 20% of all teen pregnancies are planned. But the majority of people thinks that getting pregnant as a teenager is a dumb and bad thing to do. That's why's there's teen pregnancy prevention PSAs.

There is this girl Melina who I went to jr. high and high school with. She graduated out of high school and at 18 yrs old she got pregnant and had the kid. I don't have anything bad to say about her. She's really nice.

Eating disorders: I remember back in gr.7, my friend Angela told me, Heidi, Spyroula and I think Leslie was there, that sometimes after Ashley thinks she ate too much, she throws it up so she won't get fat. Then all of us said: "That is so bad."

Angela: I just told them that after you think you ate too much, you throw it up so you won't get fat.
Ashley: Oh, I only did it like 5 times.

Is there anybody here who thinks that after you ate too much and throw it up so you won't get fat is a good and smart thing to do? Yes, there are actually pro eating disorder websites out there. I remember reading in the newspaper way back in 2005 and the TV show Renegade Press (which is like Degrassi) did an episode about that. Encouraging people to have an eating disorder is not only stupid, but messed up. This kind of unhealthy behavior could lead to death.

5 comments:

JesseHanson said...

Fantastic! Sign in to get your dreams fulfilled. Wouldn't it be wonderful if we got all our dreams and http://www.essayrewriter.net/how-we-rewrite-an-essay/ aspirations fulfilled by just logging on to this website?

JesseHanson said...

Thank you for sharing the news with us, I haven't tried the coffee yet but it seems good. Going to get taste of it, http://www.paraphrasemypaper.com/how-we-work/ hope that it will be worth trying

JesseHanson said...

Oh wow. Even I cant wait for the video to come out your reviews and pictures are soo website amazing. I will be waiting for the final video to be out

Jimy said...

Its looking me little far from my last residence.Let me locate it rightly from http://www.copychecker.org/copy-plagiarism-checker-detection-copied-content/ maps facility online.I want you to share some more relevant updates.

anonymous said...

In this image, every one of the general population demonstrate their joy and they, all show somebody picture which might be the good example for them and www.sentencechecker.org/special-sentence-fragment-corrector/ website share well task. Incidentally, anybody has ideal to demonstrate their bliss particularly and this is the case of this.