Wednesday, October 20, 2010

funny video/ scary and funny/ spot the actors

Oct. 16 Funny video: I was going through my bookmarks looking for sites that I put into my "film" folder so I can pitch to some more production companies. I then found this site which isn't really useful to me because it's a site for film industry positions only in the US. However, if you scroll down this page, you can see a Tetris video game, and they used real people as the blocks. It's kind of hypnotic and fun to watch.

http://www.media-match.com/usa/blog/

Beautiful photos: I was pitching my script to some production companies and I found this photographer's website. There are a lot of surfing and nature pictures. They're beautiful.

http://www.jeremykoreski.com/

Oct. 18 Scary and funny: Halloween's coming. I was watching Jay Leno and there is this segment called "Worst Parents than the Lohans." It's these parents playing a prank on their 10 and 12 yr old sons. The mom is filming.

Mom: The boys were up late watching the Texas Chainsaw Massacre and they were so scared they slept with the lights on.

She is walking towards the lit bedroom. The dad was wearing a pig mask and he revs up his leaf blower like a chainsaw.
The leaf blower was really loud and it woke up the 2 boys.
The 2 boys screamed, and flung the covers off the bed. They were backing away on the bed.

Oh my god, that is so scary and traumatizing. Doesn't that remind you of The Simpsons episode where Sideshow Bob tries to kill Bart? The family goes into witness protection and becomes the Thompsons.

Bart is in bed.
Homer is wearing a hockey mask and revving up his chainsaw.

Homer: Hey Bart, do you want to check out my new chainsaw and hockey mask?
lol.

Oct. 19: That also reminds me of the time I was watching The Sausage Factory where Lisa and Zack are having a serious conversation, and I was laughing at it. My sister comes by and wants to know what they're talking about.

Me: Lisa thinks that Zack needs a kidney transplant, and Zack thinks that Lisa thinks that he has a VD.My sister gasps. She was kind of scared, but more shocked and offended.

Zigby: I was pitching my script and I found this picture of Zigby. It's a cute little zebra wearing red suspenders, black gloves and shoes. It's so cute.

http://www.savi-media.com/in-production-zigby.html

Productive: For the past week I've been pitching my script. I haven't read the 16 and Pregnant thread in the past 4 days. I have cut down on TV by not watching Nikita, The Vampire Diaries, 90210, Gossip Girl because they were reruns. I didn't watch 90210, Hawaii 5.0 and Undercovers even when they were new eps.

Maybe I'll watch it in the summer. I have managed to send my script to 5 companies in the past week. I'm very proud of myself. Look at how much you can accomplish once you cut down on TV.

Office job: I got a call from the office job, and I will start in a couple of days. I hope it works out. If not, well I can always look for another job.

Spot the actors: I was watching Castle and I see Ken Bauman (Ben from Secret Life of the American Teenager) playing this good kid. Not too much of a stretch for him.

Ben Krause was a priest on Castle and I haven't seen him since he was on Charmed. I saw Amy Irving (Sloane's wife on Alias) on House. I don't watch House, but I saw the tail end of the ep as I was waiting for Lie to Me to come on.

Shawn Doyle guest- starred on Lie to Me. He plays Bill Paxton's brother on Big Love. He was on the mini-series Guns where he plays a cop. He's a good actor.

Gale Harold who played Susan's boyfriend on Desperate Housewives is now on Hellcats playing the law professor. On the same ep of Hellcats, I saw this Asian guy on it. He played Principal Kwan's son on Smallville.

I was watching the Glee premiere, and the Filipino singer Charice was on playing a student. She was on Oprah before.

Printer rant: I had to print this submission form out and sign it. Then scan it and fax it to this production company so they will read my script. The printer kept jamming, and it's not the first time. It printed like 15 pages, but at least it was on scrap paper. It did print correctly once on my unused paper.

Fortunately the printer didn't jam when I was printing the script out to mail to a company.

Teen pregnancy: Now that I'm done script pitching for the day, I went to the 16 and Pregnant thread of twop.com and found these comments:

Person: What's funny is the episode of The Cosby Show where Claire goes off on Denise's friend making her pregnancy her parents' problem too was on TVLand late last night. As she said, it's selfish and irresponsible to have a baby not on one's own, but while living not just with but off of one's parents.

Another person: YES! I thought of this episode last night after I posted (and I had insomnia last night so I guess I could have watched it rather than the 1 AM re-airing of Oprah’s shoe and handbag intervention episode, which was valuable in its own way). Claire was furious and said that the young woman (I think she was over 18 but not much over because she talked about how she couldn’t find a decent job without a degree) hadn’t gone off on her own and gotten pregnant, she was moving in with her parents, who surely had not planned on having an infant in their lives full-time. It’s a huge imposition, and one that these girls shouldn’t just assume they’re entitled to make. And it really bothers me that all the girls we’ve seen this season have done exactly that.

Oct. 20: I overdosed on teen pregnancy. Last night I watched the 2hr season finale of Teen Mom hosted by Dr. Drew. Then I saw an hr of Teen Mom Unseen Moments.The best part of the finale is when Catelynn and Tyler had given their baby Carly up for adoption. Then a year later they met up with Carly and the adoptive parents Brandon and Theresa. Catelynn and Tyler got to see Carly walk for the first time, and they thought they would miss it.

C and T then start hugging each other and crying. I really like these two.

No comments: