Sunday, October 24, 2010

stupid situations/ flash back/ teen pregnancy

Oct. 23 Stupid situations: I was thinking about how I failed out of NAIT. Failing out of college is not a very smart or good thing to do, I know that. I was stuck between a rock and a hard place. I either quit college mid-year and cut my losses and get a job. Or I could finish the school year, learn as much as I can, and put it on my resume that I did do a year at NAIT. I took the latter.

I remember telling my classmate Christina that I wasn't going to graduate from this 1 yr program. She was surprised. Why did I tell her? She asked what my practicum was going to be, and I told her I didn't have one. I can honestly say I didn't care if I wasn't graduating from this program. I was going to get a job and start looking for another college program to get into. I was going to get a college diploma in something else.

A few more people asked about my practicum and I told them the truth. I wasn't ashamed of myself. I still have a high school diploma, and I can get a job and go to college. It's not really that bad.

When I got into Professional Writing, a lot of my classmates talked about being in other college programs and switching majors.

Flash back: I was also thinking about my classmate Melina who graduated out of high school, and at 18 she got pregnant and had the kid. I don't have anything bad to say about her because she graduated out of high school and is legally an adult. It's not the best situation.

Then I thought that if she got pregnant when she was in high school and a teenager, I still wouldn't say anything bad about her. She is a really nice girl. One time back in 2000, the choir and band went on a band trip to Saskatoon. I was at this taco restaurant with these 2 girls. The girls left and I was drinking my pop by myself.

Then Melina came up to me, tapped me on my shoulder and invited me to join her and some friends. I said sure. Aww, how nice.

Teen pregnancy: On twop, this woman talked about how her old high school in the Atlanta suburbs averaged 30 girls a year getting pregnant. She was shocked by that number. I read in Seventeen magazine that there was a school that had 64 girls get pregnant in the school year 2004-2005.

Person: My senior year I had a pregnancy scare (p.s. I wasn't, yay! ). My boyfriend and i used condoms, but i was late one month. I told my bf what was going on and he said "i'll drive you and pay for the abortion." Strangely, it was the most romantic thing any boy could have ever said to me.

Person #2: The statutory rape thing is complicated. You don't wanna punish kids who are just young and running on hormones. BUT I've seen the cycle of 19 year olds dating 15 year olds turn into 25 year olds dating 15 year olds.once their girlfriend turns 18, the. Guys break up with them. A week later they're taking a new 15 year old on dates to outback. Something similar happened with a close friend's little sister. When she was 15 she started dating a guy who was 19 at the time.

The parents knew and were ok with it...even after finding out they were having sex. She turned 18, graduated high school, and started community college and all of a sudden she finds out that he's cheating on her....with a 15 year old girl. He was 22, she was 15.

Person #3: I think it should be mandatory to take a domestic violence program in school, maybe onE every year. Not just for datings sake, but for general homelife.

Person #4: A girl around here was killed by her boyfriend about 2 years ago, and I saw on the local news last night that they are trying to pass a law requiring some sort of dating/abuse class for high school students.

Person #5: That's the standard of who should have the cops called on them for dating an underage girl, not the 19 year old dating a 15 year old, but the guy who keeps going for younger and younger girls while he gets older and older. I'll never forget my dad sitting me down when I was about 15 and telling me about a cousin/friend of his who took him on a blind double date when they were 19 or 20 and the girls turned out to be 13 and how this was skeevy. His first wife was young, his second wife was only a few years older than me (about 20 years younger) and third wife is only a couple of years older than his oldest daughter! I

also worked with a woman who married her high school teacher and was shocked when he kept cheating with progressively younger girls. I don't know that any of the guys on this show are going to keep trading their girlsfriends for younger girls, but I don't see most of them ever giving any kind of support or stability to their children.

Writing: I was procrastinating with my writing. This morning I did some studying of my computer codes that is important for my #1 priority of keeping my office job. I had already gotten production companies reading my Fighter script so now I'm playing the Waiting Game by waiting for them to finish reading it.

I finished my rewrites of The Fighter. Now onto my last priority of writing something new. The producer Josh Miller of Panacea Entertainment said he will read another script of mine that isn't The Fighter.

Writing reminders: When I watch TV, I'm reminded of my script. I was watching Desperate Housewives and Susan has a secret job that she's hiding, but it was kind of exposed last week. That's like in The Fighter.

I was watching a Buffy season 7 episode last month. It's where Buffy and Anya fight each other after Anya commits a massacre. Xander tries to stop them. It reminded me of my script because of two characters fighting each other, and another trying to stop them.

It was a good fight. Kind of like when Buffy fought Evil Willow in season 6. It's interesting to see Buffy go from fighting bad guys to her own friends.

16 and Pregnant: Well I'm finished reading dozens of pages on the episode of Chelsea. I will say that she lives in a big house. Her parents are divorced, and her dad is really nice and supportive to Chelsea, even though she's pregnant. I hated her boyfriend Adam. He sent a really mean text message calling her a bitch and dissing her for having stretch marks when she was carrying his kid. He even called his kid a "mistake." C was crying. If someone sent me a text message like that, I would probably cry.

C then calls her dad so he would come home. I wouldn't call my parents about that.I might write it in an email to all my friends. I do hope the best for C and that she graduates out of high school. On her Facebook page, it says she works at Hollister.

On twop.com, people were saying things about the text message: "If my parents read that text message, they would go over there and beat him up" or "You can diss me, I don't care. But you don't say anything about my kid."

No comments: