Monday, October 11, 2010

therapy/ JK Rowling/ jobs with the highest divorce rates

Oct.8 Therapy: I was watching Dr. Laura Berman on Oprah talking to two women who are 30 yr old virgins. Dr. Laura will actually have her own show on the Oprah Winfrey Network. The episode was good. They talked to a 30 yr old black woman named Shayla. Her mom died of cancer when she was 13, and she never even told her daughter that she was sick.

Shayla was mad at her mom and God for taking her away. Few months later, her dad started sleeping with other women. All these women came and go in the house. Her dad said he needed companionship and sex. Dr. L says: "He gave too much information." The dad can do that, but don't tell your daughter and don't do it in the house. That is stupid. S knew that the dad didn't respect those women, and that she would never end up like them. Oprah then said that S could have gone a totally different way. S could have become promiscuous, that's true.

They then talked to a Latino woman Carmen. She had gained a lot of weight when she was 19 and it's because of this big word disease. She always felt that she was overweight and has low self-esteem. I really think Dr. L helped them out by setting them up on dates, going to the doctor to deal with weight and depression.

Oct. 9 Alex Solowitz: It's so weird. Over the summer I was watching the crime comedy TV show The Good Guys. There is a pharmacy robbery and the robber takes off his ski mask, and I instantly recognized him.

Me: Ah! Alex Solowitz!

He was in the fake boy band 2gether where he plays the bad boy Mickey. The last time I saw him was back in 2002 where he was on the sitcom What I Like About You and he's at a party. In The Good Guys, he played a funny character. Then a couple of weeks later, I was checking out what's on MuchMusic. Then I see him again on the TV show The Hard Times of RJ Berger where he plays an electrician. Once again, he plays a funny character.

Last night I was watching CSI:NY, and he played an inmate. He's in one scene, and his character was funny. This guy is kind of getting type cast. If you do well in comedy, stick with it. I haven't seen this guy in 8 yrs, and suddenly he starts appearing on TV in the past 3 months. I checked him on imdb.com, and he has been doing TV and movie spots for the past years, but I haven't seen those. Good for him that he's still getting work.

Fun: I was thinking about that time I was hanging out with my friend Angela in Aug. I told her about that Tosh.O video clip of that stripper smiling and waving at the news camera as the other strippers hid their faces.

Angela: People could recognize her, but don't know where.

Or would people really go up to someone and ask: "You're a stripper right?"What if you're wrong and she's not a really a stripper from the news? She may be offended that you think she's a stripper. Or some women may take it as a compliment that you think they are hot enough to be strippers. You never know. lol.

JK Rowling: Today I was working on a Fighter scene. It was hard to rewrite it to make it good. Last week I saw JK Rowling on Oprah. I'm going to admit it. I only read the first Harry Potter book back in 2003. I was kind of eh with it. It's not bad, but I wasn't really interested in it.

I saw the movie Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets with my siblings in the theatre back in 2002. I may have seen another one, but I don't remember which one. I was really inspired to see her on Oprah. She talked about how that even if you tie both her hands behind her back, she will still have to write.

She used to live on welfare, and says that she was literally living hand to mouth. She thought up Harry Potter on the train. She got really excited when the idea just popped into her head. A lot of publishers rejected her book, and told her that she won't make a lot of money off children's books. She was told that she had to go from Joanne to JK because little boys don't want to read books written by women.

West Ed mall: I saw the new food court restaurant Freshii. I actually got a call from them for an interview over the summer, but I didn't take it because I already got a job. It's kind of expensive. It's healthy food with veggies like salads and bowls of rice. Some are custom made just for you.

There's another food court restaurant called Saffron Indian Foodfare. There is a kiosk that sells hermit crabs that have these really bright painted shells. There's a new store called Chapel Hats that sells only hats. Stockhomme sells men clothes. I looked in the Brick and Forever 21.

Oct. 10 Special day: I didn't realize it until I read in the Edmonton Journal that it's 10/10/10.

Teen pregnancy: I was reading the 16 and Pregnant thread on twop.com and someone said: "I don't understand why guys stay with the girl for the entire pregnancy. Then when the baby comes, they leave. If I knew that he wasn't going to stay after the baby came, I wouldn't bother having the kid."

Then someone explained why the guys stayed until the baby came: "MTV $$$$."

Jobs with the highest divorce rates: I was reading Yahoo news and Radford University in Virginia did a study about what 15 jobs have the highest divorce rates:

Maids and housekeeping cleaners
Roofers
Waiters
Telemarketers
Baggage porters and concierges
Entertainers and performers, sports and related workers
Nursing, psychiatric, and home health aides
Telephone operators
Factory workers: food and tobacco
Gaming service worker
Extruding machine operator
Gaming cage worker
Massage therapists
Bartenders
Dancers and choreographers

I would understand jobs like nursing and medicine because it's a pretty demanding and hard job. Massage therapists partners would get jealous of them touching other people. Bartenders, dancers and choreographers are social and have to work nights so they don't get to see their partners as much.

Nobody really likes telemarketer jobs. Waiters don't get paid very well. When you get married, you should be financially stable. Many divorces occur because of fights about money.

Thanksgiving: Happy Thanksgiving! Enjoy the long weekend.

No comments: