Friday, October 22, 2010

music/ child molestation/ look alike

Oct. 20 Music: I was pitching my script and I found this production company that played this cool Latin flavored music. Check it out.

http://www.maddlabproductions.com/portfolio/post/poststart.htm

Priorities: My priorities are these:

1. Get a regular job.
2. Get an office job.
3. Pitch my script.
4. Work on rewriting The Fighter.

I did the first two things on my list because I start my new job tomorrow. I hope it works out. If it doesn't, I can always look for another job and get EI.

I stopped looking for a job for the past two weeks, and switched gears by pitching my script. I managed to get 5 production companies reading it. I'll check up on them in a month to see if anyone's interested. If not, there are still a few more companies I'm supposed to contact in a couple months because right now they're busy.

I did rewrites on The Fighter and I sent that draft out to the companies.

Now I have to work on a new script. That has been on the bottom of my list for months. I have jotted ideas, scenes, and lines down, but nothing concrete.

Child molestation: I was watching Oprah the other day, and they interviewed this 16 yr old boy Daniel who stabbed his molester 55 times. He was released from jail for 1 day to do this interview. This kid was cute and looked non-threatening. The molester was a family friend.

D met him when he was 12 because the guy had a dog. He paid D to watch his dog. D's parents looked up the man on the internet to see if he was on the sex offender list, and he wasn't. The man was nice and helped out the family like buying detergent for them when they needed it. The family was a little strapped for cash.

D was getting paid to mow the man's lawn. Then the man said that he will let D drive his car if he shows him his genitals. D was in a rush, so he did it. Then the man held it against him by saying: "If you don't do this, I'll tell your parents about it." D was ashamed of himself, but he kept going back because he kept getting food, money, and clothes from him when D didn't have a lot of money.

It kept going on for a few years. Then when D was with him, he was told to have sex with him. D snapped and realized it wasn't going to stop. D grabbed a pickle jar and hits him with it. D then went into a rage and stabbed him 55 times. D says that he feels remorse for killing a man, and also relieved in a way because the abuse stopped.

The other guest was Willy, this boy who was molested when he was 6 yrs old. His mother shot his molester. She goes to jail, and then was released. Then she sells meth, gets arrested and goes to jail. She's released and dies of cancer. Willy then goes to jail for murder and will be up for parole in 20 yrs. They talked to Willy's sister who is normal and well- adjusted.

The sister was raised by her grandma. Willy moved to another relative. That hurt that they lost their mom, and then each other. The sister does visit Willy in jail. W has a 9yr old son.

Tyler Perry: He is the first black man to own his own movie studio. He produces movies and plays. He was on Oprah today talking about how he was beaten by his father, and how he was molested by men and one woman. He actually sends a check to his father every month so his dad could live in a nice house. He doesn't have a problem giving money to him, he isn't going to give something like love which means more to him.

TP says he doesn't care if his dad watches this interview on TV. The audience cheers. A black woman in the audience thanks TP for producing good plays about topics like molestation. She talked about being molested, and how ate to get rid of her pain. She gained a lot of weight so men won't look at her. After watching TP's plays, she is healing. She and TP hug each other.

TP also thanks Oprah for sharing her sexual abuse, so then we can all talk about it and get help.

Oct. 21 Office job: I went to my office job at the furniture store today. It was alright. On my break I listened to the new Maroon 5 cd "Hands all over me." It sounds good, but I don't know if I'll buy it. I feel kind of stressed and tired today. It's about getting all the things I want done today.

I managed to read the 24 newspaper on the 1hr bus ride to work. Worked by learning how the company is run, and how the computer system works. On my break, did some shopping. I went home and listened to my Glee soundtrack of the Madonna songs they covered. I got home and saw the last 20 min of Lisa Marie Presley on Oprah. Then I saw a new ep of The Vampire Diaries.

Look alike: This was quite awhile ago, but I was watching the We are Marshal movie trailer because Wes Brown is in it. Then I see the actress Zooey Deschanel. I thought she looked like the singer Katy Perry. I then read the comments, and someone said the same thing. I told it to my sister, and she agrees.

Zooey Deschanel:

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm1974701568/nm0221046

Katy Perry:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2953537/

I was watching Undercovers a few weeks ago, and the actor Carter McIntyre comes on. My sister comes by and asks: "Hey, isn't that the guy from The Vampire Diaries?" I never noticed that. CM's face is rounder, and MD's face is more oval.

Carter McIntyre:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0532868/

Matthew Davis (from The Vampire Diaries.)http://www.imdb.com/media/rm969376256/nm0205127

No comments: